PDA

View Full Version : Majeski, Maresh, Paschal, & Dallas + Mistakes

CaBisonFan
11-18-2007, 12:38 AM
SDSU most definitely deserved to win the game.

Like the Cal Poly game, there were many mistakes made by a variety of players. It seemed like the Cal Poly game carried over into this one...with the exception of a few minutes in each game.

But as I watched the game, I couldn't help but wonder how Majeski, Maresh, Paschall, & Dallas would have changed things. (might have missed one or two guys)

We should have won with the personnel that we had. But I missed those 'gamers.'

Yeah...we can second-guess the play calling. I was doing it while I was watching. But I think that this team wasn't nearly as sharp during the last two games. Something was missing.

Could it have been a Majeski...or a Paschall...or...or...?

tjbison
11-18-2007, 01:14 AM
I think Paschall was missed greatly on special teams

NDSUFan_Sav
11-18-2007, 01:16 AM
I think Paschall was missed greatly on special teams

Majeski as well!!!!

tjbison
11-18-2007, 01:17 AM
Majeski as well!!!!:ranting:

true, might as well just say ALL were missed

twowheels
11-18-2007, 01:48 AM

Like the Cal Poly game, there were many mistakes made by a variety of players. It seemed like the Cal Poly game carried over into this one...with the exception of a few minutes in each game.

But as I watched the game, I couldn't help but wonder how Majeski, Maresh, Paschal, & Dallas would have changed things. (might have missed one or two guys)

Yeah...we can second-guess the play calling. I was doing it while I was watching. But I think that this team wasn't nearly as sharp during the last two games. Something was missing.

Could it have been a Majeski...or a Paschal...or...or...?

Maybe, just maybe the Bison were tired. They've been running without a break, their opening being a bye. SDSU's bye was two or three weeks ago, they just played Southern Utah last week at home. They were the more rested team today. The Bison have had a great season. Even though today was a huge disapointment they have had a great season, but they have played a very hard and long season without any breaks. My compliments to this team.

tcbison
11-19-2007, 01:21 AM
SDSU had very few injuries coming into this game. NDSU was hurting to say the least.

bisonpride2k
11-19-2007, 02:12 AM
Add in Thor Brown and Roehl probably should not have even been playing after he hurt his ankle.

roadwarrior
11-19-2007, 02:35 AM
Christon Dallas might not have been on the field in Brookings but he sure did his best at cheerleading the fans in the east stands!

HerdBot
11-19-2007, 02:58 AM

But as I watched the game, I couldn't help but wonder how Majeski, Maresh, Paschall, & Dallas would have changed things. (might have missed one or two guys)

Could it have been a Majeski...or a Paschall...or...or...?

We were missing 2 of our starters on defense. Would they have helped?

02Bison
11-19-2007, 02:59 AM
Are some of these comments fans making "subtle" excuses why the Bison lost? It sure seems that way. SDSU won. No more excuses.

HerdBot
11-19-2007, 03:02 AM
Are some of these comments fans making "subtle" excuses why the Bison lost? It sure seems that way. SDSU won. No more excuses.

Why are we so afraid to admit that we're a better team than SDSU? They had a few breaks and won on Saturday. Did SDSU not lose 7 games over the last 2 years and we went 20-1 with the only loss to the GOphers by a point. They played well and we didn't. We had 3 turnovers and 2 special teams errors that rarely happen. THey had 1. On any given Saturday...

Wacker_in_the_Hall
11-19-2007, 03:05 AM
We were missing 2 of our starters on defense. Would they have helped?

People get hurt in Football..it is the nature of the beast. When people get hurt we expect their backups to step up.

Our team played their team

All this talk of "if we" adds up to nothing.

We got beat on the field and the scoreboard. I look forward to next year's game with the Jacks.

02Bison
11-19-2007, 03:10 AM
Why are we so afraid to admit that we're a better team than SDSU? They had a few breaks and won on Saturday. Did SDSU not lose 7 games over the last 2 years and we went 20-1 with the only loss to the GOphers by a point. They played well and we didn't. We had 3 turnovers and 2 special teams errors that rarely happen. THey had 1. On any given Saturday...

SDSU went undefeated on the Great West conference. NDSU lost one conference game. You're just making excuses because the end result isn't what you liked. This is where humility is supposed to help you. Hopefully you can find some humility.

HerdBot
11-19-2007, 03:13 AM
SDSU went undefeated on the Great West conference. NDSU lost one conference game. You're just making excuses because the end result isn't what you liked. This is were humility is supposed to help you. Hopefully you can find some humility.

If that's how you feel that's cool. Let's agree to disagree. BTW half of SDSU fans agree with me. :)

90BISON
11-19-2007, 03:57 AM
If that's how you feel that's cool. Let's agree to disagree. BTW half of SDSU fans agree with me. :)

Was it actually half or more like 49.85% rounded up.:D

SDbison
11-19-2007, 04:21 AM
SDSU went undefeated on the Great West conference. NDSU lost one conference game. You're just making excuses because the end result isn't what you liked. This is where humility is supposed to help you. Hopefully you can find some humility.
02Bison have you ever competed for anything except maybe a game of checkers? I am sure the Bison players felt humility and in the end felt good it was SDSU they lost to........you are so full of crap. BTW.....NDSU was 2-0 against the Gateway competition and SDSU was 0-3 this year. NDSU is still a better team than SDSU, but a bunch of things made Saturday their day to win.

SDbison
11-19-2007, 04:23 AM
Also might add SDSU had two games in a row at home to end the season and NDSU had two in a row on the road. Not an excuse, but a fact.

56BISON73
11-19-2007, 05:31 AM
Also might add SDSU had two games in a row at home to end the season and NDSU had two in a row on the road. Not an excuse, but a fact.

So whats the point????I mean if its not a possible reason for the Bisons performance then why bring it up.???
Last year the Bison played what 3-4 road games in a row????? They seemed to have handled it ok. PL

imported_Bisongold
11-19-2007, 01:14 PM
We lost. Walk away from it. Next year will be even more exciting!

bisonpride2k
11-19-2007, 02:21 PM
02Bison have you ever competed for anything except maybe a game of checkers? I am sure the Bison players felt humility and in the end felt good it was SDSU they lost to.

:rofl: Are you serious! They may say all the right things to the media on the outside but I can guarantee that as they sit in class this monday morning the thought of comming up just a few plays short of what you have been working 5 years towards is eating at them. Its going to keep eating at them for a couple weeks. Keep in mind this is not just another loss. This was for #1, undefeated season, #2- GWFC Championship, #3- Dakota Marker Trophy, #4- purely just beating the heck out of your rivals because all the glad handing aside about the transition and us going together there is no one you want to beat more as a Bison right now then SDSU. To have all of that go up in smoke because of them...I guarantee they are not feeling good that it was SDSU that they lost to.

Herd Mentality
11-19-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm fine with the bunnies winning, good for them.

I've got a question on the Shamen fumble. It happened right in front of us and I saw him stretch out and put the ball down on the ground with his hand. From our vantage point there was no way that was a fumble. Did anyone see the video that has proof it was? They wouldn't show it on the replay screen so it looked like a blown call.

tcbison
11-19-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm fine with the bunnies winning, good for them.

I've got a question on the Shamen fumble. It happened right in front of us and I saw him stretch out and put the ball down on the ground with his hand. From our vantage point there was no way that was a fumble. Did anyone see the video that has proof it was? They wouldn't show it on the replay screen so it looked like a blown call.

The ground can't cause a fumble so yes it was a blown call.

TheDoctor
11-19-2007, 03:04 PM
How about the blocker starting a 10 round fight with Drago after he kicked the ball? I saw us hit the returner as soon as he caught it (i assuemd he was tackled) and then my attention was immediately drawn to the middle of the field where the SDSU player hit Drago 2-3 times before Drago finally head butted him and was beginning to get the upper hand in the "fight" (as I would call it) when he realized to late that the ball was being returned for a touchdown. SDSU should have been flagged and we should have had an automatic 1st down. ;)

No_Skill
11-19-2007, 05:31 PM
The F-ed up fumble call to start the second half didn't help either.

jackrabbit1979
11-19-2007, 05:44 PM
How about the blocker starting a 10 round fight with Drago after he kicked the ball? I saw us hit the returner as soon as he caught it (i assuemd he was tackled) and then my attention was immediately drawn to the middle of the field where the SDSU player hit Drago 2-3 times before Drago finally head butted him and was beginning to get the upper hand in the "fight" (as I would call it) when he realized to late that the ball was being returned for a touchdown. SDSU should have been flagged and we should have had an automatic 1st down. ;)

I didn't see this and I am sure it won't be in the picture on the archive as the cameras will be following the punt and the return. When you say hit Drago, was it punches or blocking him trying to keep him out of the play. If it was legal, it turns out it could have been huge as your punter could have entually made the tackle. BTW, your punter is very tall, he doesn't have any eligibilty to come play bball for the jacks does he?

aces1180
11-19-2007, 05:46 PM
I didn't see this and I am sure it won't be in the picture on the archive as the cameras will be following the punt and the return. When you say hit Drago, was it punches or blocking him trying to keep him out of the play. If it was legal, it turns out it could have been huge as your punter could have entually made the tackle. BTW, your punter is very tall, he doesn't have any eligibilty to come play bball for the jacks does he?

I thought they were cheap shots, but I could wrong.

02Bison
11-19-2007, 05:49 PM
02Bison have you ever competed for anything except maybe a game of checkers? I am sure the Bison players felt humility and in the end felt good it was SDSU they lost to........you are so full of crap. BTW.....NDSU was 2-0 against the Gateway competition and SDSU was 0-3 this year. NDSU is still a better team than SDSU, but a bunch of things made Saturday their day to win.

What the heck does this have to do with anything? I know you don't like me, but please don't attack me because I'm not for finding excuses why the Bison lost saturday. Thank you.

SDbison
11-19-2007, 05:49 PM
:rofl: Are you serious! They may say all the right things to the media on the outside but I can guarantee that as they sit in class this monday morning the thought of comming up just a few plays short of what you have been working 5 years towards is eating at them. Its going to keep eating at them for a couple weeks. Keep in mind this is not just another loss. This was for #1, undefeated season, #2- GWFC Championship, #3- Dakota Marker Trophy, #4- purely just beating the heck out of your rivals because all the glad handing aside about the transition and us going together there is no one you want to beat more as a Bison right now then SDSU. To have all of that go up in smoke because of them...I guarantee they are not feeling good that it was SDSU that they lost to.
I wasn't serious.......just taking a poke at 02Bison's logic. Of course NDSU's players are going to think about this loss for some time.......but they will not be humiliated as 02Bison thinks eeryone involved with NDSU should be. For a while, there should be anger, frustration and mulling over about what went wrong. But true competitors will feel like crap for a while and then put that energy into improving themselves. The players should be more focused and dedicated in their preparations for next year. The fans should also improve.......keep the sellouts coming....attend away games in ever bigger numbers and stand and make some noise as much as possible! Even though there were 6000 or so Bison fans at the SDSU game there were times when the fans let themselves get down and the cheering diminished. Not a good thing.

CaBisonFan
11-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Maybe, just maybe the Bison were tired. They've been running without a break, their opening being a bye. SDSU's bye was two or three weeks ago, they just played Southern Utah last week at home. They were the more rested team today. The Bison have had a great season. Even though today was a huge disapointment they have had a great season, but they have played a very hard and long season without any breaks. My compliments to this team.

Good points.

CaBisonFan
11-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Add in Thor Brown and Roehl probably should not have even been playing after he hurt his ankle.

Tyler didn't look like himself...ever. Is it possible that he hurt his ankle during the week and we just didn't hear about it?

CaBisonFan
11-19-2007, 05:55 PM

If you look at my original post...I sad that the Jacks deserved to win...and that we should have won with the personnel that we had. Throw out one or two of the turnovers and the game was ours.

Call it excuse-making if you want...but there is a necessary debriefing taking place. People are hurting.

The Jacks deserved to win...but my point being that this wasn't the same team that went 10-0. A few of our gamers 'were' on the sideline. Fact.

That's football. The Jacks played better than us.

CaBisonFan
11-19-2007, 06:02 PM
I wasn't serious.......just taking a poke at 02Bison's logic. Of course NDSU's players are going to think about this loss for some time.......but they will not be humiliated as 02Bison thinks eeryone involved with NDSU should be. For a while, there should be anger, frustration and mulling over about what went wrong. But true competitors will feel like crap for a while and then put that energy into improving themselves. The players should be more focused and dedicated in their preparations for next year. The fans should also improve.......keep the sellouts coming....attend away games in ever bigger numbers and stand and make some noise as much as possible! Even though there were 6000 or so Bison fans at the SDSU game there were times when the fans let themselves get down and the cheering diminished. Not a good thing.

None of us are in much of a mood for poking fun right now. Maybe at another time...but this is bad timing. The Jacks deserved to win. We're in a debriefing process. Most of us realize that the Jacks have an outstanding team and that they deserved to win...but we are in shock about all of the miscues, fumbles, etc. We're also in mourning over the lost #1 status. And we missed not having a few of our 'gamers' on the field. OK? Please just give us a chance to vent a little. Nothing can take away from the great game that the Jacks played. We're hurting...and I'm sure that our team is hurting worse. This was a special team...and a banged up one. All of us would have liked to have had our 'A' game at Brookings. It wasn't there. We 'do' feel bad for guys like Majeski, because he's been a huge part of our 20-2 record over the past two years. And Paschall gave the running game a completely different look. We were one-dimentional. Maresh and Dallas were run stoppers. Please allow us to analyze. We're not making excuses. We're in therapy.

If we were on the Jack's board doing this right now...that would be different. You're entering the losing locker room right now. We're really not in the mood for outsiders joking around...or sayiing anything right now. You've been very tactful and welcome on this board. But realize that this is a Bison board. These are touchy times. Nothing personal.

02Bison
11-19-2007, 06:05 PM

Where did I say anything about the Bison being or feeling humiliated? Stop making stuff up please.

SlickVic
11-19-2007, 06:13 PM

it definatly was not legal

CaBisonFan
11-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Where did I say anything about the Bison being or feeling humiliated? Stop making stuff up please.

You didn't. And you didn't deserve the smack...even though he said he was just poking fun. This SD guy has been a decent visitor here...so I don't want him to get the idea that he's not welcome...but he also needs to understand where we're at emotionally right now.

As for me...I'm not in the mood for fun poking from anyone right now. I'm with you.

We'll get over this...but part of getting over it is have some time to discuss what we saw. Then we can get past it.

I feel so damn bad for this team. Yes...they made some mistakes...but they didn't get to bring the full deck of cards to Brookings. Yup...that's football...but it doesn't change the emotions of the team or the fans.

We're in a mourning process. We'll get over it...and then set our sights on the next phase of the transition...which is going to be very exciting.

The current team would be heading into the playoffs right now. With so many starters returning...and guys hopefully coming back from injuries...we should have a legitimate shot at a playoff spot next year...but who knows? No guarantees...are there?

Tough conference for sure...so it's going to be 'very' interesting to watch.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
11-19-2007, 07:42 PM
Tyler didn't look like himself...ever. Is it possible that he hurt his ankle during the week and we just didn't hear about it?

I wouldnt say ever. How about when he ran over the FS in the first half or when he ran over the LB that met him at the 2 yard line for the TD in the 3rd Qtr. SDSU did a great job bottling him up and tackling low. He definatly got beat up during the game and by the time he fumbled late he probably shouldnt have been in the game.

bisonmike2
11-19-2007, 08:17 PM
The jacks deserved to win. They didn't make the mistakes that kill a team. We did. Several of them. I think it speaks volumes for our talent and coaching that we can get a punt blocked, give up a punt return, lose 2 fumbles and an interception and still have a chance to win the game with under 2 minutes to go. It was also the worst tackling I have ever seen from a Craig Bohl coached Bison team. Congrats Jacks, you won and now you get to bring to our house next year. We will be ready.