PDA

View Full Version : Tackle

TateMosersneighbor
11-17-2007, 11:46 PM
Wow, I think we saw some apprehension out there. Our tackling was HORRIBLE except for about 6 plays all game. Very few tackles for a loss, which this team thrived on all year.

I hope this lingers just enough for the underclassmen to do the work necessary. I won't be surprised to hear that Roehl might've been playing hurt...I think he was knocked out on the fumble.

UTH
11-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Wow, I think we saw some apprehension out there. Our tackling was HORRIBLE except for about 6 plays all game. Very few tackles for a loss, which this team thrived on all year.

I think this probably exactly what happened on that punt they took 90+ yards for the touchdown. Drago let loose such an incredible punt that a bunch of guys beat the ball there. "Well, we're here. Where's the ball? Let's wait for something to happen." Apprehension describes what my eyes saw, at LEAST on that play. Brain farts happen and life goes on.

*Would it come across poorly if the Bison were to ask for a rematch next week?

bisoneer
11-18-2007, 12:19 AM
How about the 4 and 1 play when Koenig scored from 40+ yds. out, the first hit on him was tremendous but he didnt go down, had he gone down we may have got the ball back on downs.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-18-2007, 01:21 AM
How about the 4 and 1 play when Koenig scored from 40+ yds. out, the first hit on him was tremendous but he didnt go down, had he gone down we may have got the ball back on downs.

yes we would have...he was hit behind the line of scrimmage!!!

90BISON
11-18-2007, 03:14 AM

I hope this lingers just enough for the underclassmen to do the work necessary. I won't be surprised to hear that Roehl might've been playing hurt...I think he was knocked out on the fumble.

Tyler took some monster shots today, I don't know if he's ever had to work harder for the yards that he got than today. I would agree toward the end he was playing dinged up, not sure what, but he was definitely not 100%.