PDA

View Full Version : New Playoff idea.

missingnumber7
11-16-2007, 08:20 PM
Instead of bucking FBS to get a bowl game that probably won't happen. And instead of everyone sitting around pissed off that we are undefeated and aren't playing in the playoffs, lets call the other undefeated team that isn't in the playoffs. YALE.

We could have the "BEST TEAMS TO NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS BOWL" game. Or it could be the "WE DON'T NEED THE STINKING PLAYOFFS BOWL". Something funny like that, probably wouldn't draw many people outside of NDSU fans, but at least we could see the boys play again. And we could beat some brainiacs.

RodentiaX
11-16-2007, 08:24 PM
I wonder if Yale's undefeated season may make the Ivy League reconsider not participating in the playoffs in the future.

roadwarrior
11-16-2007, 08:26 PM
From what I understand, Gene is making inquiries to the NCAA to see what is possible for us after the SDSU game.

bisonaudit
11-16-2007, 08:41 PM
The Ivy League champion has gone undefeated at least 3 times since 2000 and to my knowledge never played a post season game so I doubt that they'll be rethinking anything.

missingnumber7
11-16-2007, 09:12 PM
The Ivy League champion has gone undefeated at least 3 times since 2000 and to my knowledge never played a post season game so I doubt that they'll be rethinking anything.

Ivy doesn't play in the postseason because it interferes with school. Only reason they do for basketball is because of the immense amount of money.

DORMIE
11-16-2007, 09:18 PM
That would be great to play Yale. I was out in New Haven about 20 years ago for the US Junior and drove by the Yale Bowl. What an incredible old structure. Has a gated fence around it and grass growing on it. I have a picture and if I knew how to put on the screen, I'd show you all.

Scooter1
11-16-2007, 09:38 PM
I say we not petition the NCAA, congratulate the team that strings four wins together to win the FCS championship, and look to next year.

NDSUFREAK
11-16-2007, 10:33 PM
I say we not petition the NCAA, congratulate the team that strings four wins together to win the FCS championship, and look to next year.
BINGO++++++

UncleBuck
11-16-2007, 11:14 PM

I second that notion. Who knew when NDSU decided to make the transition that the football team would be this good. Chances were likely back then that this team wouldn't have been this good. Celebrate what the team accomplished, and next year be ready for the real deal.

56BISON73
11-16-2007, 11:17 PM

Nobody could have said it better !!!!! PL

02Bison
11-16-2007, 11:18 PM

Well said!

Bison101
11-17-2007, 12:52 AM
Play Yale? It sounds nice, but the NCAA and the IVY League would never think, or even consider it. We'd better just be content with where we are, give thanks for a great season, and remember, we still have not won that last game! It's not over till that two-eared wabbit is squashed! After the extermination of Brookings is over, then we can ponder the postseason.

Scooter1
11-17-2007, 01:36 AM
Play Yale? It sounds nice, but the NCAA and the IVY League would never think, or even consider it. We'd better just be content with where we are, give thanks for a great season, and remember, we still have not won that last game! It's not over till that two-eared wabbit is squashed! After the extermination of Brookings is over, then we can ponder the postseason.

I agree...as long as the post season you are referring to is the one 12 months from now.

Let it go, guys. Just let it go. Let's finish the year with some class.

CaBisonFan
11-17-2007, 01:55 AM
Instead of bucking FBS to get a bowl game that probably won't happen. And instead of everyone sitting around pissed off that we are undefeated and aren't playing in the playoffs, lets call the other undefeated team that isn't in the playoffs. YALE.

We could have the "BEST TEAMS TO NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS BOWL" game. Or it could be the "WE DON'T NEED THE STINKING PLAYOFFS BOWL". Something funny like that, probably wouldn't draw many people outside of NDSU fans, but at least we could see the boys play again. And we could beat some brainiacs.

I like your idea...but what about Havad?

Just kidding. That would be extremely cool.

Thanks.

56BISON73
11-17-2007, 03:37 AM
You will also HAVE to get the permission of the NCAA as any game after the regular seaon must be approved by them. Plus the IVY league doesnt allow post seaon play from what I understand.
Now where is that picture that says not this shit again???:D
PL