PDA

View Full Version : Bohl on with Ed, NOW! 11/15/07

NDFAN2
11-15-2007, 02:20 PM
talkng about what an undefeated season would mean to the team!

NDFAN2
11-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Packed house and no TV - SDSU's choice, and I think we all knew that.

Coach says they have great players.

bisonmike2
11-15-2007, 02:26 PM
T-Vac's article on the possible record crowd this weekend in the Argus quotes the SDSU AD and he gives an excuse for not having the game on TV. I don't know if I buy it but why didn't he just come out and say this earlier.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071115/SPORTS02/711150346/1002/SPORTS

But the (attendance) inconsistency is one reason that SDSU athletic director Fred Oien was hesitant to rush into a television agreement. Ultimately, negotiations to put the Dakota Marker game on the air broke down because Fox Sports Net North desired a 3 p.m. start, according to Oien and NDSU athletic director Gene Taylor, a virtual impossibility given the staffing requirements for the 7 p.m. men's basketball game.

NDFAN2
11-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Coach didn't want to comment on any phone calls from other clubs looking for a new coach.

Ed calls it dicipline! I think Bohl has it.

NDFAN2
11-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Coach invites Big Eddie down to Brookings to give a speach on Bison Pride!

The coach knows how to bury the hatchet!

bisonmike2
11-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Coach didn't want to comment on any phone calls from other clubs looking for a new coach.

Ed calls it dicipline! I think Bohl has it.

Why do people still bring this up? For 3 years he's politely declined any comment about other jobs, when will they get it? Are they just expecting him to do a Jim Mora Jr. and break out, "Well Ed, you know I've always thought of the University of Nebraska would be my dream job."

NDFAN2
11-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Why do people still bring this up? For 3 years he's politely declined any comment about other jobs, when will they get it? Are they just expecting him to do a Jim Mora Jr. and break out, "Well Ed, you know I've always thought of the University of Nebraska would be my dream job."

I'll just say that Ed is Ed.

interview over.

bisondad
11-15-2007, 02:45 PM
What station is it on?

NDFAN2
11-15-2007, 02:46 PM
It was on KFGO. The interview is over now.

UTH
11-15-2007, 02:48 PM
T-Vac's article on the possible record crowd this weekend in the Argus quotes the SDSU AD and he gives an excuse for not having the game on TV. I don't know if I buy it but why didn't he just come out and say this earlier.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071115/SPORTS02/711150346/1002/SPORTS

But the (attendance) inconsistency is one reason that SDSU athletic director Fred Oien was hesitant to rush into a television agreement. Ultimately, negotiations to put the Dakota Marker game on the air broke down because Fox Sports Net North desired a 3 p.m. start, according to Oien and NDSU athletic director Gene Taylor, a virtual impossibility given the staffing requirements for the 7 p.m. men's basketball game.

That article brings the anticipation levels up a whole lot more!

Bison bison
11-15-2007, 02:49 PM
So they couldn't move the men's basketball game to 8?

what a load. i'm all for an amiable relationship between bison and bunnies, but i'm very impressed by oien.

tcbison
11-15-2007, 02:51 PM
So they couldn't move the men's basketball game to 8?

what a load. i'm all for an amiable relationship between bison and bunnies, but i'm very impressed by oien.

Your very impressed by Oien. I'm not :banghead:

At this point with all the tickets that are bought now would be a good time to get the game on ND tv.

Bison bison
11-15-2007, 03:19 PM
i'm very impressed by oien.

Not.

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/images/pics/arts_borat1_392.jpg

tcbison
11-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Not.

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/images/pics/arts_borat1_392.jpg

I thought that is what you would say. :nod:

I don't live in ND but since they have now sold this many tickets, can't they get the game on tv in ND?

Bison bison
11-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Probably too late to sell advertising........

bisonmike2
11-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Probably too late to sell advertising........

I'd bet that NDSU would love to buy advertising for that game. What a great way to reach households in ND and SD.

jimmyjack
11-15-2007, 03:39 PM

I don't know what you guys have been reading (The Forum, maybe) but that's what Fred has been saying from the start around here (in the Argus, The Collegian, on radio, etc.)

Bison"FANatic"
11-15-2007, 03:43 PM
You got to love this quote

"But considering the Bison brought an estimated 30,000 fans for a road game at the Metrodome and the Jacks drew a meager 3,317 at home last week, an even split isn't out of the question."

They forgot to metion that "WE DROPPED THE HAMMER"

It may not be our home field or the "Fargo Dome South" but I sure hope we turn that place into "Dakota Field South" I do believe that the bison faithful will be out in force and showin support for the #1 team in the nation

The green is clean and ready to be worn, the voice is rested and ready to make some noise and the car flags are ready to find there place on the windows and show my pride on the way down!!!!!

I am getting fired up!!!!!!!:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Bison bison
11-15-2007, 03:45 PM
really? i hadn't read it anywhere before that the game might be on FSN.

(we all knew Oien's attendance reasoning. pretty faulty in my opinion.)

i have to put some of this on chicoine as well. SDSU is in a position "to put USD away". this was a perfect venue to showcase the institution and the community.

(I think/hope SDSU's President is going to do a great job, but I don't think he understands the role/importance of athletics like Chapman does.)

bisonmike2
11-15-2007, 03:55 PM
I don't know what you guys have been reading (The Forum, maybe) but that's what Fred has been saying from the start around here (in the Argus, The Collegian, on radio, etc.)

What I don't get is SDSU does have a history of yo-yo attendance figures. You'll get 14k for a game early in the year and 5K late. That's pretty much been the norm for awhile no, so what's the harm in televising the game and seeing what happens. You might be pleasantly surprised with the outcome.

bisonpride2k
11-15-2007, 04:12 PM
What I don't get is SDSU does have a history of yo-yo attendance figures. You'll get 14k for a game early in the year and 5K late. That's pretty much been the norm for awhile no, so what's the harm in televising the game and seeing what happens. You might be pleasantly surprised with the outcome.

Two words- "Hobo Days". There is Hobo Days and everything else.

Gully
11-15-2007, 04:19 PM

They play BB in Coughlin Alumni stadium?;) ;)

CaBisonFan
11-15-2007, 04:19 PM
talkng about what an undefeated season would mean to the team!

Good post. This is worth discussing. We're approaching our championship game. Everything matters. Thanks!

Bison Dan
11-15-2007, 04:20 PM

What a bunch of BS - move the bb game to 8:00 and problem solved. If he really wanted it, it would've gotten done. I think the real reason is they don't want NDSU to have too much exposure in SD as we get to many of their good recruits.

jimmyjack
11-15-2007, 04:22 PM

I wish I knew the answer to that one. We get great crowds for Cereal Bowl (I know, snicker to yourselves) 11,000; Beef Bowl, 14,900; and Hobo Day, 15,338 AND for NDSU (probably 12,000 Jacks fans and 5,000 NDSU fans... just a guess).

The other games are duds, even when we played Cal Poly (6,000). They're looking into another "theme" game honoring the ethanol industry. Those games bring in lots of people because those ag organizations basically buy tickets for all their members and a lot of them show.

In coming years when we play NDSU at home, we'll probably get five good crowds (Cereal, Beef, Ethanol, Hobo Day, NDSU) and one clunker.

I kind of think a new stadium would perk things up, too. That's in the cards.

NDSUstudent
11-15-2007, 04:23 PM
They could have moved the basketball game to 8PM or they also could have agreed to take NBC ND/SD up on their offer to put the game on. Its not like FSN was the only network pounding on their door to do the game, Hallstrom said there were multiple networks but Oien's $30k fee made the game impossible to put on.

Bison bison
11-15-2007, 04:24 PM
what i also don't get is that SDSU has fielded very good football teams the past few years and played a number of good teams in brookings.

UTH
11-15-2007, 04:26 PM
What a bunch of BS - move the bb game to 8:00 and problem solved. If he really wanted it, it would've gotten done. I think the real reason is they don't want NDSU to have too much exposure in SD as we get to many of their good recruits.

As unlikely as it should be, this is what I've been thinking. I'm sure it's mighty hard to hide under the table when you're on live regional television. Some moments, once put out on live television, cannot be "unbroadcast"...

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Bison%20Gophers%20game/Failure.jpg

Bison"FANatic"
11-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Isn't that the truth, thundering!

bisonmike2
11-15-2007, 04:49 PM

Winner! I think that has to have something to do with it. Any why does SDSU have to have a theme for every home game? What do we have, Trees and Harvest? They have Hobo, Cereal, Beef, ethanol. what's next? Pork - the other white meat bowl? 3.2 Beer bowl.

NDFAN2
11-15-2007, 05:01 PM

It's too bad that they didn't schedule NDSU for a BB game for Saturday evening. They they could televise both games and wouldn't even have to take down the satelitte feed. (just thinking out loud :hide: )

The NDSU fans would be there for both games! (Can you say Sellout and Sellout in the same day!)

missingnumber7
11-15-2007, 07:37 PM
It's too bad that they didn't schedule NDSU for a BB game for Saturday evening. They they could televise both games and wouldn't even have to take down the satelitte feed. (just thinking out loud :hide: )

The NDSU fans would be there for both games! (Can you say Sellout and Sellout in the same day!)

They already play each other twice in conference play in jan or feb can't remember.

jimmyjack
11-16-2007, 02:26 AM
Winner! I think that has to have something to do with it. Any why does SDSU have to have a theme for every home game? What do we have, Trees and Harvest? They have Hobo, Cereal, Beef, ethanol. what's next? Pork - the other white meat bowl? 3.2 Beer bowl.

At those "theme" games, they invite their producers (beef, grains, corn) from around the state and the industry groups present huge amounts of money to the university. Like you, we're a land grant and ag is a big deal here. Between the Beef Bowl and Cereal Bowl, I think I counted something like $3 million in giant novelty checks handed over.

bisonmike2
11-16-2007, 03:46 PM
At those "theme" games, they invite their producers (beef, grains, corn) from around the state and the industry groups present huge amounts of money to the university. Like you, we're a land grant and ag is a big deal here. Between the Beef Bowl and Cereal Bowl, I think I counted something like $3 million in giant novelty checks handed over.

Well that makes sense and you should keep doing what your doing. Cause it's obviously bringing in the money.