PDA

View Full Version : Winning Streak

TateMosersneighbor
11-15-2007, 12:50 AM
I was thinking about the great run NDSU is on...looking back a couple of years, we got beat 9-0 2 years ago at S. Illinois and the 10-9 thing at the UofMediocrity last year....we win those two games, we have a winning streak of 26 or 27 games.

That is unbelievable. I know it's meaningless, because we didn't, but I think we're seeing one of the best stretches ever.

I think the word that comes to mind is tradition. This group should be proud that they've added a ton to it in their time here.

What a run.

IL_Bison
11-15-2007, 12:58 AM
It is pretty dang impressive. This morning I looked back at some of the game recaps from the 2-8 season, because that was my first year out of state and couldn't remember much about it. What surprised me is that the homecoming game only drew a little over 8,000 people...my how times have changed.

I think we'll look back at the transitional years as a time where Bison tradition was reestablished (as CaBison so eloquently wrote in Bison Illustrated) and the momentum was gained for a successful run in the FCS.

Gully
11-15-2007, 04:12 PM
I was thinking about the great run NDSU is on...looking back a couple of years, we got beat 9-0 2 years ago at S. Illinois and the 10-9 thing at the UofMediocrity last year....we win those two games, we have a winning streak of 26 or 27 games.

That is unbelievable. I know it's meaningless, because we didn't, but I think we're seeing one of the best stretches ever.

I think the word that comes to mind is tradition. This group should be proud that they've added a ton to it in their time here.

What a run.

I agree with you but as Rocky would say, "If ifs and butts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas."

TransAmBison
11-15-2007, 05:34 PM
I agree with you but as Rocky would say, "If ifs and butts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas."
Gotta love a good Rocky quote!

Junior
11-15-2007, 05:50 PM
I believe the longest Bison winning streak is 35 games.

The current team is 27/5 over the past 3 seasons