PDA

View Full Version : Minot St. Tonight

Boy
11-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Anybody going to the game tonight? I realize that it is Minot St. and that probably isn't a big thrill to anyone, but I would think it would be good to get out and welcome the team home after the road trip to Florida and New Jersey, and to show some support for how well they played on that road trip.

I am planning on being there with my oldest child.

WYOBISONMAN
11-14-2007, 02:29 PM
I will be buying the webcast and putting it on my TV. We are having another couple over for dinner and they graduated from Minot State.

Boy
11-14-2007, 02:37 PM
That sounds like fun. You aren't serving grilled beaver are you? :)

TheDoctor
11-14-2007, 02:50 PM
I am excited to see the bench play and hopefully SCORE! ;)

Trim
11-14-2007, 02:50 PM
I'll be there with the oldest son.

WYOBISONMAN
11-14-2007, 02:53 PM
That sounds like fun. You aren't serving grilled beaver are you? :)

Actually I am cooking some elk tenderloin.......

Boy
11-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Actually I am cooking some elk tenderloin.......

I was just being a smart aleck--Minot State uses the Beaver for it's nickname.

WYOBISONMAN
11-14-2007, 03:27 PM
I was just being a smart aleck--Minot State uses the Beaver for it's nickname.

I know that....I taught there for a few years after getting out of grad school. I always got a kick out of the fact that the women's teams were called the "Lady Beavers". I kind of found that to be a bit redundant.:D

Boy
11-14-2007, 04:14 PM
I know that....I taught there for a few years after getting out of grad school. I always got a kick out of the fact that the women's teams were called the "Lady Beavers". I kind of found that to be a bit redundant.:D

I wasn't going to go there!!!!! LOL.

BisBison
11-14-2007, 05:16 PM
I will be buying the webcast and putting it on my TV. We are having another couple over for dinner and they graduated from Minot State.

I looked on GoBison all-access and it only lists the game as being an audio broadcast. WTF???

tcbison
11-14-2007, 05:31 PM
I looked on GoBison all-access and it only lists the game as being an audio broadcast. WTF???

You need to buy the video through the Summit League website...

silkamilkamonico
11-14-2007, 05:38 PM
You need to buy the video through the Summit League website...

Wait, so if I have all-access that isn't good enough anymore to get the home games?

BisBison
11-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Wait, so if I have all-access that isn't good enough anymore to get the home games?

That's exactlly what I was thinking.:ranting:

heymch86
11-14-2007, 06:22 PM
atleast come out to watch Saul pick up win #1 of his coaching career tonight!

tcbison
11-14-2007, 06:26 PM

Hmm. I would probably make a phone call and see what the deal is. When I was going to sign up with all-access there was a note that said that men's and women's bball games need to be purchased throught the Summit League site.

BisBison
11-14-2007, 09:58 PM
atleast come out to watch Saul pick up win #1 of his coaching career tonight!

a little far for me to go on a school night. I will be there Saturday night, however on the way home from a rabbit thrashing in SD:D :nod: :D

ndsubison1
11-14-2007, 11:08 PM
I will be there! Go Bison!

I looked at Minot St.'s roster and they have a player I remember watching in high school for Minot High, Matt Witwer, he was a very good player thought he could have played for NDSU. It will be interesting to watch him again.

Anyways, lets hope we can get some bench production and more playing time for them.

MinotBison
11-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Minot's coach was interviewed on TV last night, and just chuckled a little when asked about their chances. He said that they were getting a nice guarantee check which would help pay for their new uniforms.

Gully
11-15-2007, 12:03 AM
I purchased the summit package but I have nothing as of yet...I'm getting tired of this webcast stuff.

Gully
11-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Any luck Wyo? I have to vertical lines through the play button on the media player when I try to watch the NDSU game. I can see the women's IUPUI game just fine but not our game.

Bisonsister
11-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Is anybody getting anything on the summit league or the webstats?

Gully
11-15-2007, 12:11 AM
Is anybody getting anything on the summit league or the webstats?

Summit League is not working for me :( :ranting: :ranting: :banghead:

Bisonguy
11-15-2007, 12:22 AM
12:50 to play in the first half, Bison in the one shot bonus, lead 20-11

Bisonguy
11-15-2007, 12:24 AM
24-11 Bison lead with 11:57 left in the first half

Bisonsister
11-15-2007, 12:25 AM
You can get free Minot State Radio at http://www.minotstateu.edu/mbasketball/
Click on Live Webcast on the Right hand side of the page

Gully
11-15-2007, 12:27 AM
I'm listening to the WDAY feed through Bison All Access. Good thing I paid for the Summit League all access as well.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Bisonguy
11-15-2007, 12:35 AM
Is KNDS streaming their broadcast??

wisconsinbisonfan
11-15-2007, 12:37 AM
Let me know how video feed works, if it ever does. I watched all the available basketball games last year on gobison. Not sure if I want to purchase any more webcasts after the Calpoly game experience, though.

WYOBISONMAN
11-15-2007, 12:42 AM
Make sweet, sweet love to the Summit League.......no luck here.... cheeze wiz eaters!!!!

Bisonguy
11-15-2007, 12:51 AM
Make sweet, sweet love to the Summit League.......no luck here.... cheeze wiz eaters!!!!

**Hands WYO a bar of soap** :hide:

Bisonguy
11-15-2007, 12:53 AM
Bison lead 66-40 with the Pennick to Winkelman alley-oop with .5 seconds left in the first half!!

WYOBISONMAN
11-15-2007, 12:56 AM
I would urge those of you not getting the webcast to call and leave a voicemail on Commissioner Tom Douple's voice mail. He can be reached at (630) 516-0661 ext. 11. He needs to hear how irritated the Bison fans are. This is a complete disgrace and embarassment.

WYOBISONMAN
11-15-2007, 12:57 AM
Oh.....and I didn't get my elk today.....so that is probably why I am pissy....

Gully
11-15-2007, 01:01 AM
I would urge those of you not getting the webcast to call and leave a voicemail on Commissioner Tom Douple's voice mail. He can be reached at (630) 516-0661 ext. 11. He needs to hear how irritated the Bison fans are. This is a complete disgrace and embarassment.

WYO, I did notice that I was able to see the IUPUI women's game which implies that it might have something to do with NDSU??? Not sure, I just hope they figure this crap out soon.

WYOBISONMAN
11-15-2007, 01:04 AM
Someone has to figure it out.....so I would give him a call. I am also going to email Gene Taylor too. This is just flat ass stupid!

tony
11-15-2007, 01:05 AM
I can't get the gobison feed to work but Minot's works fine... I got it working just in time to hear Winkelman score on a tip from out of bounds with .5 seconds left on the clock. 66-40 Bison.

tony
11-15-2007, 01:13 AM
Time to get the bench involved?

WYOBISONMAN
11-15-2007, 01:34 AM
Tony....I got the GoBison feed working......

heymch86
11-15-2007, 02:57 AM
KNDS radio feed can't be split between radio and internet like it was last year. For example, on monday, wed, fri, and sunday nights there are rock shows and in the past, those shows would be on FM and sports could be streaming on the internet. now, just tues, thurs, and saturday nights sports can be on. They are working on adding another internet stream

Hansel
11-15-2007, 03:34 AM
anyone else think 31 mins for Woody (and 30 for Nelson) were too much against a team like Minot State

maybe it is just me...

TheDoctor
11-15-2007, 04:21 AM
We had about 98 points when Woody left the game. Agreed that he maybe could have come out earlier. By the way.....the reason we never had the announced Bison shootout tonight "student vs. alumni" was because when the student saw who his competition was, he hid all the basketballs. True story...we couldn't do it because the balls were all "missing". ;)

ndsubison1
11-15-2007, 05:43 AM
agreed on woody playing too much, I think our whole bench should have played atleast the last 10 min., some of them didn't were in and out and didnt offically get back in till about 5 min left.

Trim
11-15-2007, 12:58 PM
We had about 98 points when Woody left the game. Agreed that he maybe could have come out earlier. By the way.....the reason we never had the announced Bison shootout tonight "student vs. alumni" was because when the student saw who his competition was, he hid all the basketballs. True story...we couldn't do it because the balls were all "missing". ;)

Ha! Ha! That was great. I had to congratulate you after the game on your fine performance. I liked how you got in some practice free throws with your "imaginary" ball while you were standing at the line waiting for the real ball. Good job!

WYOBISONMAN
11-15-2007, 01:18 PM
I recieved a very nice email from Taylor that said they were getting in contact with the Conference to see what the problem was with the webcast. Good job Gene.....thanks!

westriver bison
11-15-2007, 01:43 PM
I couldn't get the webcast either. Only good thing it wasn't a very good game. I hope they get it fixed.

Trim
11-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Only good thing it wasn't a very good game.

Don't tell my son that. He was freakin' out when the Bison got 100. Absolutely lost his mind when they finished with 117. He was still talking about it this morning. Ahh... to be 4 years old!

BisonVifte
11-15-2007, 02:28 PM
It would have been nice to see them rotate in a couple bench players out there with three starters for most of the game. For conference games I doubt we will have a chance to fill the floor with the bench. They need to get used to playing the roles off the bench, which is giving the starters a rest or helping out when someone gets in foul trouble. Also if they are on the floor with most of the starters they should get more comfortable with the flow of the game.

westriver bison
11-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Don't tell my son that. He was freakin' out when the Bison got 100. Absolutely lost his mind when they finished with 117. He was still talking about it this morning. Ahh... to be 4 years old!

Ya gotta love kids!:nod: :nod: :nod:

NDSUstudent
11-15-2007, 04:16 PM
It would have been nice to see them rotate in a couple bench players out there with three starters for most of the game. For conference games I doubt we will have a chance to fill the floor with the bench. They need to get used to playing the roles off the bench, which is giving the starters a rest or helping out when someone gets in foul trouble. Also if they are on the floor with most of the starters they should get more comfortable with the flow of the game.

I think that is the key to fixing our bench woes. Mix Freddy, Pennick, Sussenguth, and Vaughan in with the starters throughout games like this. That will at least help the team flow better when one of the starters gets into foul trouble and it will also give the role guys some more confidence and if they succeed the starters will have more confidence in them.

Bisonsister
11-16-2007, 02:44 AM
Was anybody able to watch the webcast on summit league? I emailed them and told them how ridiculous it was. They replied and said we are sorry for the problems, but we had it fixed in 15 minutes and it worked for the rest of the game. I know I tried all game and it never came up.

WYOBISONMAN
11-16-2007, 05:03 AM
Was anybody able to watch the webcast on summit league? I emailed them and told them how ridiculous it was. They replied and said we are sorry for the problems, but we had it fixed in 15 minutes and it worked for the rest of the game. I know I tried all game and it never came up.

I have not heard from NDSU on wht the exact problem was, but I talked with a higher up at the conf. office and they said the problem was on NDSU's side and that all the other feeds worked. They also said the NDSU feed never worked at all.