PDA

View Full Version : Scotty Miller et al........My oh my!

WYOBISONMAN
11-14-2007, 12:33 PM
As this season draws to a close I do feel I must comment on what an outstanding job that Scott Miller, Phil Hansen and Steve Hallstrom have done on the NDSU webcasts. I cannot think of a better crew that has broadcast the Bison.

Thanks guys for a job well done........and for helping keep this long distance alumni right in the action!

roadwarrior
11-14-2007, 01:07 PM
And Scotty has a new legendary saying now. "Are you kidding me?" LOL

THEsocalledfan
11-14-2007, 02:15 PM
As this season draws to a close I do feel I must comment on what an outstanding job that Scott Miller, Phil Hansen and Steve Hallstrom have done on the NDSU webcasts. I cannot think of a better crew that has broadcast the Bison.

Thanks guys for a job well done........and for helping keep this long distance alumni right in the action!

As much as I respect Phil Hansen for his NFL football career and legendary NDSU time, I was pretty dissapointed last Saturday that he didn't understand that defensive holding is an automatic first down. He said it about 4 times even after the refs would say automatic first down. This is my only thing that has bothered me, however, otherwise, it was quite good.

bisonmike2
11-14-2007, 04:20 PM
As much as I respect Phil Hansen for his NFL football career and legendary NDSU time, I was pretty dissapointed last Saturday that he didn't understand that defensive holding is an automatic first down. He said it about 4 times even after the refs would say automatic first down. This is my only thing that has bothered me, however, otherwise, it was quite good.

That kinda bugged me too. Normally he provides some pretty good refereeing insight each game.

missingnumber7
11-14-2007, 04:26 PM
As much as it is cool that Phil ref's in Minnesota, he still is not a great official. He leans a lot on his experience as a player and thats different from high school ball which he's trying to relate to college officiating. See how confusing it can be.

As for the announcing crew on the webcasts...I love when they 'aren't on the air' a little good natured ribbing. And as much as I dislike Hallstrom, it goes back to listening to him talk about minot ryan all the time in the late 90's, he really does an excellent job as a sideline reporter, and asks great postgame questions that don't get the usual cleche' answers.

lakesbison
11-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Phil did the breck-wahp game. lots of breck fans were ribbing him on the sidelines for his spots ... whether it was left foot or right foot.

it was comical some of the NDSU boosters on Breck's sideline and what they were yelling..

silkamilkamonico
11-14-2007, 05:28 PM
And Scotty has a new legendary saying now. "Are you kidding me?" LOL

I hope he changes to that. I am not a big fan at all of his "my oh my...."

bisonmike2
11-14-2007, 08:19 PM

I know what you mean. Sometimes it sounds like he just throws it in there just so he's said it at least once a game. Other than that I really like all of the radio guys.

Live2Tailgate
11-14-2007, 09:14 PM

I hear ya.

The classic velvet-voiced Dick Enberg used to say, "Oh My!" but he kept it in reserve for only the true classic plays. You knew something big was happening when Enberg said, "Oh My!"

It loses its effect when you hear, "And that's the third false start penalty on the Bison this half....MY OH MY."

NDSUFREAK
11-14-2007, 11:00 PM
they are the face of BISON broadcasting...i want no one else to do the play by plays ++++++

BisBison
11-14-2007, 11:23 PM
they are the face of BISON broadcasting...i want no one else to do the play by plays ++++++

Agreed. :nod: :nod:

Gully
11-14-2007, 11:44 PM
I hear ya.

The classic velvet-voiced Dick Enberg used to say, "Oh My!" but he kept it in reserve for only the true classic plays. You knew something big was happening when Enberg said, "Oh My!"

It loses its effect when you hear, "And that's the third false start penalty on the Bison this half....MY OH MY."

You need to listen to his tone when he says it, MY OH MY, after Heck scores an 80 yard game winning TD is almost a yell, whereas MY OH MY after three false starts is said in a depressed, I can't believe this shit tone....same words, yet totally different. I love it, although people at work sometimes think I'm a little weird when I say it.

A post on Egriz said that he sounds like Kermit the Frog when he gets excited. I thought that was pretty funny....and true.

BisonFB
11-15-2007, 01:24 AM
Everybody's a critic. No one is going to make everyone happy all of the time. I didn't like it when Phil was being critical of the defense. Whatcha gonna do?