PDA

View Full Version : Nostradamus Predicted the Herd's Success?

Gully
11-14-2007, 12:53 AM
I know this may be hard for some people to believe but bear with me. I've done considerable research on this and think you might be interested in this particular quatrain, written by Michel de Nostredame in the 16th century.

In the Brook town on the prairie, there will be great Thunder,
Two rising powers in an epic battle, one without its Magic,
In the cold breeze the Herd May Walk upon the other,
In the next annum the dynasty will renew.

Michele de Nostredame
Century VI Quatrain 7

I don’t know about you, but reading this gives me goose bumps. Below is my interpretation of Nostradamus’s quatrain, written in the 16th century before either football or Velva, ND existed.

Obviously the “Brook town on the prairie” is Brookings, South Dakota and it appears that the “great Thunder” is referring to the Thunder of the North Dakota State University Bison football team.

The “Two rising powers” are NDSU and SDSU as they embark on full DI status next fall. The epic battle is obviously the football game this weekend in which NDSU will be without “its Magic”, wide receiver John Majeski.

The “cold breeze” is obvious since it’s a November game in South Dakota. I believe “the Herd May Walk upon the other” actually refers to the Thundering Herd led by Joe Mays and Steve Walker (May Walk) winning the game over SDSU.

Here is the real cool part. “In the next annum the dynasty will renew.” You see, 500 years ago Michel de Nostredame could foresee that NDSU would be a sleeping giant. The resurgent fan support and scholarship levels unleashed by the move to DI will be seen in full force in 2008 when the NDSU Bison have their first shot at the DI Football Championship Subdivision Playoffs.

The dynasty will renew indeed.

TateMosersneighbor
11-14-2007, 01:04 AM
I think the Aids epidemic in the early 90s in Bowbells has taken your sanity away.

Very cool. Tickets? This past weekend sealed it for me, I will buy season tickets for the rest of my life.

Won't see you in Brookings, but I will be glued to some computer enjoying the thunder.

Spoons

Gully
11-14-2007, 01:11 AM
I think the Aids epidemic in the early 90s in Bowbells has taken your sanity away.

Very cool. Tickets? This past weekend sealed it for me, I will buy season tickets for the rest of my life.

Won't see you in Brookings, but I will be glued to some computer enjoying the thunder.

Spoons

Ah, that's who TateMosersneighbor is.

Herd Mentality
11-14-2007, 01:17 AM
I'm speechless. (and we both know that doesn't happen often)

That would've made a great sermon...

BisManBison
11-14-2007, 01:18 AM
I know this may be hard for some people to believe but bear with me. I've done considerable research on this and think you might be interested in this particular quatrain, written by Michel de Nostredame in the 16th century.

Michele de Nostredame
Century VI Quatrain 7

I don’t know about you, but reading this gives me goose bumps. Below is my interpretation of Nostradamus’s quatrain, written in the 16th century before either football or Velva, ND existed.

Obviously the “Brook town on the prairie” is Brookings, South Dakota and it appears that the “great Thunder” is referring to the Thunder of the North Dakota State University Bison football team.

The “Two rising powers” are NDSU and SDSU as they embark on full DI status next fall. The epic battle is obviously the football game this weekend in which NDSU will be without “its Magic”, wide receiver John Majeski.

The “cold breeze” is obvious since it’s a November game in South Dakota. I believe “the Herd May Walk upon the other” actually refers to the Thundering Herd led by Joe Mays and Steve Walker (May Walk) winning the game over SDSU.

Here is the real cool part. “In the next annum the dynasty will renew.” You see, 500 years ago Michel de Nostredame could foresee that NDSU would be a sleeping giant. The resurgent fan support and scholarship levels unleashed by the move to DI will be seen in full force in 2008 when the NDSU Bison have their first shot at the DI Football Championship Subdivision Playoffs.

LOL...rep points for you for originality!

UTH
11-14-2007, 02:03 AM
As it has also been foreseen in the prophesy of The Great One in the Chronicles of The Great Zod, gratious be his legacy.

TransAmBison
11-14-2007, 03:13 AM

Michele de Nostredame
Century VI Quatrain 7

Well done! Bravo. Rep to you! Heck, that was so awesome I think even 02Bison couldn't find a way to ruin it.

CaBisonFan
11-14-2007, 05:33 AM

Michele de Nostredame
Century VI Quatrain 7

I like it. It's out there. How did you find this?

The sleeping giant has been relatively unknown nationwide until recently. I believe that the giant will become something like a Boise State someday...except with a more storied history...which will eventually make it like a new version of Nebraska. Probably not in my lifetime...but sometime.

Very cool stuff.

fargocyclone
11-14-2007, 06:26 AM

Michele de Nostredame
Century VI Quatrain 7

That would be a great addition to your sig line...(or mine ;))

NWNDBison
11-14-2007, 07:20 AM
And to the trolls who are sure to seize upon these lines of prophecy, take warning,

Century VI, Quatrain 100

INCANTATION OF THE LAW AGAINST INEPT CRITICS
Let those who read this verse consider it profoundly,
Let the profane and the ignorant herd keep away:
And far away all Astrologers, Idiots and Barbarians,
May he who does otherwise be subject to the sacred rite.

Now one may misinterpret line 3 to refer to the ignorant herd.
But closer reading will reveal that it is the profane and ignorant that the herd will keep away.

KC Bison
11-14-2007, 12:58 PM
How about a slight variation on your intrepretation. The Herd "walking upon the other", indicates that the Bison will have a strong running game on Saturday. The Bison will Roehl over the Jacks.

Herd Mentality
11-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Bumping this to the first page...it deserves to be there until at least tomorrow.

CaBisonFan
11-17-2007, 01:45 PM

Michele de Nostredame
Century VI Quatrain 7

For some reason...I like this post. thanks

99Bison
11-18-2007, 03:46 AM

Michele de Nostredame
Century VI Quatrain 7

You almost interpreted it correct... Here appears to be the correct interpretation:

"...one without its Magic,"
- Bison couldn't pull out their magic today.

"...the Herd May Walk upon the other,"
- Mays and Walker were walking on the other side of the win/lose compared to what they are used to.

"In the next annum the dynasty will renew."
- Bison dynasty will be renewed in the next annum.

UTH
11-18-2007, 03:53 AM
You almost interpreted it correct... Here appears to be the correct interpretation:

"...one without its Magic,"
- Bison couldn't pull out their magic today.

"...the Herd May Walk upon the other,"
- Mays and Walker were walking on the other side of the win/lose compared to what they are used to.

"In the next annum the dynasty will renew."
- Bison dynasty will be renewed in the next annum.

Bah - I think he simply missed the correct year. At least we know that the new dynasy is near.