PDA

View Full Version : SUU's Coach Wes Meier's comment...

NDSUstudent
11-13-2007, 03:02 AM
First off, I got to say I hope SUU can pull it off but I don't know if I would be saying this before heading into the UNI dome.

Northern Iowa, No. 1 in the media poll, plays Meier's Southern Utah team. Meier said he "would feel great" about setting up NDSU for a chance at the top ranking in both polls.

"We want to see the guys in our conference, the guys we have a tremendous amount of respect for as coaches and players, do well," he said. "No disrespect to Northern Iowa, but I just don't know if they're the quality of some of the teams in our conference."

http://www.grandforksherald.com/ap/index.cfm?page=view&id=D8SSEQ2G0

IL_Bison
11-13-2007, 03:06 AM
I think Coach Meier might be wearing his "Bad Idea" jeans...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1081092847

pantherhawkrolling
11-13-2007, 03:20 AM
First off, I got to say I hope SUU can pull it off but I don't know if I would be saying this before heading into the UNI dome.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/ap/index.cfm?page=view&id=D8SSEQ2G0

Thanks for the info. I have just forwarded this to a few members of the Iowa media as well as to the UNI coach, Mark Farley. Let's hope it makes the papers.

EagleBison
11-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the info. I have just forwarded this to a few members of the Iowa media as well as to the UNI coach, Mark Farley. Let's hope it makes the papers.

Sounds like bulletin board material.

jimmyjack
11-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Sounds like bulletin board material.

Let's just say it: The guy's an idiot, and he'll be fired in a week.

Warning to UNI: SUU has the chippiest, most out of control team I've seen. Every time we've played them (including last Saturday) there have been a bunch of personal fouls and unsportsmanlike penalties on them. They whine about every call. They're constantly complaining to the referees. You could hear their players screaming stuff like "I'm going to f*** you up" at our players during the game. I realize it's football, but Coach Stig would (and does) bench his players on those rare occasions when they get out of control. Stig's players are prohibited from talking to the refs.

Our players report that SUU players are the Great West trash talk and dirty play champs. And, oh, yeah, they're not very good. UNI will win this one by 24. Meier will be fired. And we won't have to waste a smidgen of energy worrying about the dope again.

Teams take on the personality of their coach. Meier can't discipline himself to avoid saying stupid things. His team has no discipline on the field.

NDSUguy
11-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Personally, I do not think what Meier said is a big deal... At the end of every sports season there are teams that are "spoilers"..... SUU is just trying to be that spoiler to UNI. Nothing more than that.

NWNDBison
11-13-2007, 01:13 PM
My guess is Coach Meier knows it's a long shot for his team to win, but it's their last chance at a victory this year. You've got to say something publicly that will give your team some motivation to go out there and get the win. And they have played some tough teams surprisingly close, so who knows?

But, yeah, it's terrible locker room bulletin board fodder.