PDA

View Full Version : Bison Game Photos for CSN

BisonNeil
11-12-2007, 09:36 PM
On the College Sporting News website, they claim to fan out and take photos on the road of FCS football games, you can check them out here:

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=85259

I have noticed that only East coast teams are represented, so I sent the following comment to them regarding this observation:

I have been keeping tabs on CSN's Road Photo Galleries where the "The
staff fans out around the FCS landscape...". There must be absolutely no
FCS teams west of, say, Pennsylvania?

Why don't you just be honest and say your staff will fan out all around
the east coast, from MA to say SC? You aren't representing most of the
truly elite FCS this year, unless I have missed McNeese St, N. Iowa,
Montana, North Dakota St. photo galleries.

To which Ralph Wallace replied:

Correction, there are not enough photographers submitting galleries. It's a
shame but we have to take what we can get. If you know anyone, please have
them contact us.

Thanks,

Ralph Wallace
College Sporting News, Inc.

I have seen from time to time individuals post game photos on a website, can't remember when, and post them either here or on other blogs. It would be nice for the Bison to get some press on CSN if anyone cares to share their work.

No_Skill
11-12-2007, 10:32 PM
BisonGuy to the rescue?????

Junior
11-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Please understand there are not too many guys in the midwest and west and they are big regions. I have worked with Kent from time to time. Realize that what Kent and I do, we do for free. The only payment we get is the passes into the games. Travel and equipment are out of pocket costs for us. I can't speak for the others on the site.

That being said, I have over 100 pictures from the NDSU/Minn game and about the same from UNI/Youngstown St and UNI/Southern ILL. I'll see if I can get Kent to send them to Ralph so he can post some of them. I can't post them directly because of copyright laws.

EDIT: OK, so I stuck one in my avitar.

Bisonguy
11-13-2007, 02:08 AM

I sent Ralph an email.

I enjoy having my full control over my gallery right now (link in my signature), but we'll see what they want to do.

HerdBot
11-13-2007, 03:35 AM

That's a pretty reputable website so a photo galary would be a nice gift of press!