PDA

View Full Version : The Play - 80 Yard Connection

NDSUSPORTSPORTS
11-12-2007, 02:56 AM
Here is the game-winning touchdown with Scotty Miller's call.

A 25 second beauty to be watched over and over again.

Magic in Cali-Forn-i-a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3XO4QBO4iY

bisongirl
11-12-2007, 03:00 AM
Awesome! He stole my line though: "Are you kidding me," that's great!

NDSU1980
11-12-2007, 03:02 AM
Thanks. Looks better every time I see it.

BisManBison
11-12-2007, 03:22 AM
I'm still in shock. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

IBleedYellow
11-12-2007, 03:48 AM
I went to bed last night asking "Guys, how the hell did we just win that game?!".

My Oh My...
Who else hates that phrase??

CaBisonFan
11-12-2007, 04:07 AM
I went to bed last night asking "Guys, how the hell did we just win that game?!".

My Oh My...

I got to the game...finally...and I couldn't hardly sleep all night. It was the thrilla from Manila. There's really no way to explain or understand it.

Eight plays...three long touchdowns.

All I can say is...'Walker pulled a rabbit out of a hat again.'

Is this guy human?

sambini
11-12-2007, 04:34 AM
That was awesome again. Thanks to CA BISON ARE NUMBER ONE FAN IN THE STANDS AT SLO+++++++++++++

AKBison
11-12-2007, 05:57 AM
Here is the link of the Miracle against SHSU. Does anyone have a link to the UC Davis or Ball State video?

It is fun to watch them back to back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTx__3AIusw

97tegls
11-12-2007, 06:07 AM
damn thats a bomb and a half... wheni was listenin to it on the radio and i heard that 80yd play i ran outside and started chanting bison chants... it was so damn funny... people were drivin by lookin at me weird... but hell yea

extremerouge
11-12-2007, 06:19 AM

My Oh My...

You sleep with guys?

TransAmBison
11-12-2007, 12:59 PM
You sleep with guys?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Rep to you!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

tcbison
11-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Here is the link of the Miracle against SHSU. Does anyone have a link to the UC Davis or Ball State video?

It is fun to watch them back to back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTx__3AIusw

Could someone put together a Steve Walker youtube highlights of all his comebacks? NDSUSPORTSPORTS is that possible? Thanks agains for posting this!

imported_Bisongold
11-12-2007, 02:43 PM
The play by Walker right before the touchdown pass was phenomenal also. It was either 3rd or 4th down with 15 yards to go. He scrambled, still looking for the pass. He knew exactly which yard line he had to cross ( the 20) and he went for it on the run. With his hand and the ball outstretched, the ball just crossed the 20 for the first down. Kept us alive. Since it was a first down, the clock stopped long enough to set up the next play. The rest is history!! I still am rung out from the trip and the emotion of the game. We basically had all the great plays in the last 10 minutes starting with the bomb to Schultenover and ending with the "bomb". Give credit to the defense down the stretch for getting us the ball back. We did not have a good game at all...Walker was under pressure the entire game. We did not seem in sync especially the first half. I do credit Cal Poly for alot of this. Roehl was even pancaked in the backfield just as he received the handoff. Someone came up the middle untouched. I couldn't believe he held on to the ball!! This has never happened before. Their defense was giving our O line fits. Another big factor in this game was the crowd noise. I talked to some players after the game, and there were many times that the players could not hear the audibles at all. Receivers told me they ran the wrong plays several times as they could not hear at all. You could see this during the game, as they were using alot of hand signals to pass along the audible. The advantage of the home field!! A phenomenal win for the program. Another Houdini act for Walker. Big mistake by them to play man-to-man with no safeties down the stretch. Just like SHSU did. Same play, same result!!

BisonNeil
11-12-2007, 04:40 PM

My Oh My...

I live for my oh my, what's not to love?

BisBison
11-12-2007, 05:21 PM

My Oh My...

Not me, cause whenever he says it that means something great just happened for the Bison. That saying has become a household phrase in our house for whenever something good happens.

56BISON73
11-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Ok I need info.
I was watching football on TV Sat night at goose camp and they posted the NDSU score of something like 28-14 Cal Poly with 7 minutes remaining. Then later they post the final score. I couldnt beleive it. I had NO internet access. So somebody tell me what happened. I just got home after driving 13 hours. PL

Gully
11-12-2007, 06:04 PM
You sleep with guys?
:D :D :D :D

99Bison
11-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Ok I need info.
I was watching football on TV Sat night at goose camp and they posted the NDSU score of something like 28-14 Cal Poly with 7 minutes remaining. Then later they post the final score. I couldnt beleive it. I had NO internet access. So somebody tell me what happened. I just got home after driving 13 hours. PL

Go read the game day thread... truely miraculous.

Junior
11-13-2007, 12:02 AM
The play by Walker right before the touchdown pass was phenomenal also. It was either 3rd or 4th down with 15 yards to go. He scrambled, still looking for the pass. He knew exactly which yard line he had to cross ( the 20) and he went for it on the run. With his hand and the ball outstretched, the ball just crossed the 20 for the first down. Kept us alive. Since it was a first down, the clock stopped long enough to set up the next play. The rest is history!! I still am rung out from the trip and the emotion of the game. We basically had all the great plays in the last 10 minutes starting with the bomb to Schultenover and ending with the "bomb". Give credit to the defense down the stretch for getting us the ball back. We did not have a good game at all...Walker was under pressure the entire game. We did not seem in sync especially the first half. I do credit Cal Poly for alot of this. Roehl was even pancaked in the backfield just as he received the handoff. Someone came up the middle untouched. I couldn't believe he held on to the ball!! This has never happened before. Their defense was giving our O line fits. Another big factor in this game was the crowd noise. I talked to some players after the game, and there were many times that the players could not hear the audibles at all. Receivers told me they ran the wrong plays several times as they could not hear at all. You could see this during the game, as they were using alot of hand signals to pass along the audible. The advantage of the home field!! A phenomenal win for the program. Another Houdini act for Walker. Big mistake by them to play man-to-man with no safeties down the stretch. Just like SHSU did. Same play, same result!!

The drive started at the 8. It was 2nd and 14 from the 4 after a false start and an incomplete pass. 1st down marker was at the 18. Walker scrambled 16 yards diving to the 20.

Bisonguy
11-13-2007, 02:44 AM
Ok I need info.

Don't forget the Craig Bohl Show (http://www.valleynewslive.com/sports/valleynewslive_sports_craig_bohl_football_show.sht ml), as well!

56BISON73
11-13-2007, 03:53 AM
Go read the game day thread... truely miraculous.

Thanks all caught up. Unbelievable. What was that 3 scores in 6-8 plays. Wow. PL

56BISON73
11-13-2007, 03:54 AM
Don't forget the Craig Bohl Show (http://www.valleynewslive.com/sports/valleynewslive_sports_craig_bohl_football_show.sht ml), as well!
Just got done watching that!!! PL

Bison bison
11-13-2007, 02:56 PM
80 yard touchdown pass?

what's the big deal?

i could make touchdowns like that at will when i was eleven playing super techmo bowl.

NDSUSPORTSPORTS
11-14-2007, 02:47 PM
BREAKTHROUGH!
Watch the play closely. You see the left defensive end for Cal Poly (#84) bust through the line untouched and our center #56 Zach Harrington LAY OUT and perhaps save the play with his spectacular block knocking the guy off course enough for Walker to complete the clutch throw. If Harrington doesn't make that block, that guy runs straight for Steve and may have gotten there early enough to screw everything up and we could be crying right now.

Also notice that Walker wasn't fazed either way...He was going to make that throw...and he did....and good for him....Go BISON!

CaBisonFan
11-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Here is the game-winning touchdown with Scotty Miller's call.

A 25 second beauty to be watched over and over again.

Magic in Cali-Forn-i-a

One of the great plays in Bison history. At the game, Kole looked more open from where we were...but on the film...geez. That ball was thrown on a rope right into Kole's hands. And Kole did a hell of a job getting open, and finding the ball...and getting to the end zone.

WePharm
11-14-2007, 03:12 PM
I don't want to get banned from the board, but does our left tackle false start? I've watched the video dozens of times, and it looks like we get away with one!

Bison"FANatic"
11-14-2007, 03:21 PM
I don't want to get banned from the board, but does our left tackle false start? I've watched the video dozens of times, and it looks like we get away with one!

It looked like the TE moved