PDA

View Full Version : It's a shame but...

HerdBot
11-11-2007, 10:33 PM
we played one of our most exciting games ever and nobody saw it, except for the sold out crowd in California. We need to figure out a way to get EVERY road game on TV. If you want to recruit future Bison fans, we need to be on TV. If you want to get future recruits, every game needs to be on TV. Out of sight. Out of mind. It's the greatest comeback you've never seen.

02Bison
11-11-2007, 10:36 PM
I'm sure Roadwarrior saw it!

bisonpride2k
11-11-2007, 11:09 PM
we played one of our most exciting games ever and nobody saw it, except for the sold out crowd in California. We need to figure out a way to get EVERY road game on TV. If you want to recruit future Bison fans, we need to be on TV. If you want to get future recruits, every game needs to be on TV. Out of sight. Out of mind. It's the greatest comeback you've never seen.

AGREED!!! These games need to be on. Just listening on the radio is not good enough anymore with the technology that is out there. I am curious to hear exactly what went wrong with the webcast.

SloStang
11-12-2007, 12:18 AM
I'm sure Roadwarrior saw it!

He did. I got the chance to meet the Bison fan legend. I hope NDSU comes back to SLO some time in the near future. Great game last night.

THEsocalledfan
11-12-2007, 12:38 AM

And no more of the NBC crap in ND. FSN baby. Don't forget about the 15 K Bison alumni in the Twin Cities and the many more in the rest of Minnesota. Plus, you could get it anywhere in the country at that point. I am downright getting irritated about the NBC crap. Why no one wants the rest of us to see the games is beyond me.

NDSU1980
11-12-2007, 12:44 AM
I agree, get ALL games on TV. Not every road game. Every game. I live in ND, can see SD from my front window, and yet I can't even listen to games on the radio after sunset. I'm finally to the stage in life where I can afford to cough up a few buck$ to subscribe to a network that had all the games on. Come on NDSU, we are a D1 team and we can sure do this. Anyone in a position to get something done?

BisBison
11-12-2007, 01:41 AM
I would pay good money for a DVD of this game.

bisonpride2k
11-12-2007, 01:50 AM
And no more of the NBC crap in ND. FSN baby. Don't forget about the 15 K Bison alumni in the Twin Cities and the many more in the rest of Minnesota. Plus, you could get it anywhere in the country at that point. I am downright getting irritated about the NBC crap. Why no one wants the rest of us to see the games is beyond me.

FSN has to want to broad cast the game. Its not just NDSU not offering it. This is the first year we have ever had this many games on tv and available to watch via webcast so this is a good start. Now we need to continue the momentum on game coverage.

THEsocalledfan
11-12-2007, 02:40 AM
FSN has to want to broad cast the game. Its not just NDSU not offering it. This is the first year we have ever had this many games on tv and available to watch via webcast so this is a good start. Now we need to continue the momentum on game coverage.

But it is not good enough.....

Can someone explain to me how I am supposed to be able to watch all of these "This is the first year we have ever had this many game on tv...." crap?

NDSUSPORTSPORTS
11-12-2007, 02:58 AM
we played one of our most exciting games ever and nobody saw it,

see this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3XO4QBO4iY

CaBisonFan
11-12-2007, 04:04 AM

Do you know why this one wasn't streamed? Is it up to the host university to provide it?

HerdBot
11-12-2007, 04:12 AM

I like FSN and NBC Statewide but I think there is more value in hitting up Minnesota since there are way more people. Although I can't complain about either. Although reconnecting with former Alumni is huge.

SDbison
11-12-2007, 04:21 AM
I like FSN and NBC Statewide but I think there is more value in hitting up Minnesota since there are way more people. Although I can't complain about either. Although reconnecting with former Alumni is huge.
How about SDSU's AD trying to get FSN to pay them. What an idiot. That is the difference between ND and SD, NDSU and SDSU. The only reason SDSU doesn't want this game televised is that when the Bison beat them they know they will lose even more recruits to NDSU. They don't want the risk of negative publicity.

tjbison
11-12-2007, 02:49 PM
How about SDSU's AD trying to get FSN to pay them. What an idiot. That is the difference between ND and SD, NDSU and SDSU. The only reason SDSU doesn't want this game televised is that when the Bison beat them they know they will lose even more recruits to NDSU. They don't want the risk of negative publicity.

He must not understand the benefit of TV publicity, but I cannot understand why you would at least try to work a tv deal?? either way its good publicity for both schools and states regardless of who wins!

RodentiaX
11-12-2007, 03:45 PM
How flexible is NDSU about game times? If you can persuade FSN that airing Bison games will bring in greater revenues than what they would otherwise run, than they might be interested. But it would likely mean NDSU's schedule would be arranged to fit FSN.

Perhaps in addition to airing the games on the local NBC station, time could be purchased on other stations. Perhaps channel 45, and independent station in Minneapolis.

bisonmike2
11-12-2007, 03:57 PM
I think the one thing keeping NDSU football from going truly big time is not having ALL of there games televised. It' coming, and we are on the right path but we need to get ALL games, away and home on TV. Sell out all home games then start broadcast all home games (statewide tv w/a couple regional), then broadcast all away games.

BisonNeil
11-12-2007, 04:07 PM
I agree, get ALL games on TV. Not every road game. Every game. I live in ND, can see SD from my front window, and yet I can't even listen to games on the radio after sunset. I'm finally to the stage in life where I can afford to cough up a few buck$ to subscribe to a network that had all the games on. Come on NDSU, we are a D1 team and we can sure do this. Anyone in a position to get something done?

The visiting team has no control over TV rights, it comes down to the good graces of the home team, hence what happened when a bone-headed idiot AD at SDSU pulls the plug. Hopefully the deal the Gateway is working on will make satellite feeds available for all conference games a reality, and I am specifically talking quality feeds here. Not like the crap we have gotten this year.

WestDakotaBison
11-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Granted I'm not a big fan of NBC's broadcasts, but what is the possibility of them making the decision locally to send a broadcast team to away games? Is it even a realistic thought?

56BISON73
11-12-2007, 06:14 PM
So this game wont be archived on gobison????? PL

Bison101
11-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Really, we should have EVERY game, home AND away, on TV. We should create the Bison Sports Network through Midcontinent Communications, like UND does (Fighting Sioux Sports Network).

Gully
11-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Watching that clip....wow, the ball was in the air about 50 yards and he got hit just after he delivered the pass....right on the money, of course.

bisonpride2k
11-13-2007, 12:47 AM
But it is not good enough.....

Can someone explain to me how I am supposed to be able to watch all of these "This is the first year we have ever had this many game on tv...." crap?

Where are you currently living? I am guessing it is not in the ND NBC network coverage area.

THEsocalledfan
11-13-2007, 01:15 AM
Where are you currently living? I am guessing it is not in the ND NBC network coverage area.

Duluth, MN. And how are all the metro alumni supposed to watch?