PDA

View Full Version : Where does Walker go from here.....NFL?

WYOBISONMAN
11-11-2007, 01:06 PM
As I was listening to the end of that incredible game last night I thought why indeed would Steve Walker not make a good NFL QB. I think that he really has the right stuff and although I am a Vike fan, that final pass to Heckedorf last night was really a Farve type moment. The kind of move that those QB legends can do at the most impossible moments.

Walker has that kind of quality. As the pressure on him increases, the cooler his play gets. What NFL team would not love that kind of player. But, not much buzz going on about Walker and his prospects in the NFL.

I called into Bison React after the game and asked that same question. Scotty Miller was on the line (cell phone as he headed to the airport). Miller said too that Walker had that special quality of making those incredible plays when it counted, and maybe that will get him some looks.

I sure hope it does. Walker is not the most mobile QB I have seen. But, Steve Walker is indeed the best playmaker, the best leader, and the most level headed QB in the storied history of NDSU football.

Gully
11-11-2007, 01:10 PM
I think he might get invited to a camp...the problem is they get so hung up on the numbers (height, speed, arm strength, etc.). I wish him all the best but I think it's a long shot.

Mr_Meanor
11-11-2007, 02:11 PM
As good as Walker is...I dont see him making it at the NFL level.

tcbison
11-11-2007, 02:23 PM
I think he might get invited to a camp...the problem is they get so hung up on the numbers (height, speed, arm strength, etc.). I wish him all the best but I think it's a long shot.

I hope he gets a chance. I can't imagine him being worse than Tarvais Jackson? If Koy Detmer and Vinny Testaverde can still be in the NFL you would think Walker deserves some looks.

sambini
11-11-2007, 02:33 PM
I hope if the right situation arises he gets the chance. He is a winner+++

WePharm
11-11-2007, 02:57 PM
If not NFL why not CFL? That's where Bentrim played. Anyone know how the CFL goes about their drafts?

THEsocalledfan
11-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Walkers only NFL hope is to be another Dough Flutie type where sheer will can help make up for lack of other physical skills.

Here is the sobering reality. His height and arm stregth will be held against him and it not that that scouts get "hung up" on these things. The NFL is so much faster and bigger that those physical attributes are very important. Doesn't mean he can't make it, but he will have a big uphill climb and will likely start on a practice squad if he makes it. I can't see him making a regular roster right away.

Hammerhead
11-11-2007, 06:23 PM
I think Walker will end up as an undrafted free agent. Even Ed Shultz signed a pro contract after playing at Moorhead State.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-11-2007, 06:41 PM
I agree with a previous post. He will have to be like a Doug Flutie type QB. I know he plans on attending some camps and take it from there. I hope the best for such a class act kid, not only is he a clutch qb and knows how to take over, I've heard that he's a VERY VERY smart QB....such as reading a defense and picking the right audible and so forth

silkamilkamonico
11-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Practice squad player at best in the NFL.

But I'm grateful that NDSU has had him.

wilson
11-11-2007, 07:33 PM
no doubt he will have a chance... but I don't think teams will have much patience if he doesn't wow them right away.