PDA

View Full Version : Houdini Wears a Bison Uniform

CaBisonFan
11-11-2007, 05:39 AM
Don't get me wrong...this was a team effort...including the mistakes...and the great plays at the end.

But "my oh my." (sorry about that)

I talked to Steve for about a minute after the game...and I said "good luck in Brookings."

He said, "don't worry, we'll get that one."

Somehow...after seeing this phenomenon (Steve & the whole team) in person for the first time...I can't help but believe him.

As a fan in attendance, I can't remember feeling so crappy (early 4th quarter)...but there was something in the air that changed with about 9 minutes to go. It was like a fairy had waved a magic wand over the stadium.

This is legendary stuff. It's as though he 'willed' the entire team to pull it out...no matter what the odds were. It was almost eery.

Cal Poly just got 'Walkered." Little did they really know...and who could blame them. We had been outplayed until the magic began with about 9 minutes to go. I had seen it on tv against UC Davis last year...but I thought...naaahhhh...this couldn't possibly happen again.

This is the stuff of fictional/fantasy backyard...come from behind...pretending as a kid...comebacks. You know...the kind of pretending where you get ten chances to make the winning basket in the state championship game.

The only difference is...this kid actually does it. He's like the Christian Laettner of Bison football...or a Joe Montana type of player...or the type of player that affects a team like Kirby Puckett did. It can't be bottled...analyzed...described...taught...or understood.

I swear...you could feel it. He silenced the crowd 'before' the comeback seemed possible. There were a few moments when he owned the stadium...and in those brief moments...it was as if time stood still.

It was magic.

BisManBison
11-11-2007, 06:11 AM
Nope couldn't happen at UCD last year, couldn't happen against SHSU.........I'm at a loss for words. We have been so spoiled watching this group play. It's almost unfair to future Bison teams as our expectations are going to be outrageously high!

CaBisonFan
11-11-2007, 06:17 AM
Nope couldn't happen at UCD last year, couldn't happen against SHSU.........I'm at a loss for words. We have been so spoiled watching this group play. It's almost unfair to future Bison teams as our expectations are going to be outrageously high!

Yes...they'll be a really tough act to follow. I forgot to mention the Sam Houston State game. Good addition. There's at least 3 of them...right? Are there others from the past?

99Bison
11-11-2007, 06:28 AM
Yes...they'll be a really tough act to follow. I forgot to mention the Sam Houston State game. Good addition. There's at least 3 of them...right? Are there others from the past?

Ball State also qualifies I think.

CaBisonFan
11-11-2007, 06:42 AM
[QUOTE=99Bison;158179]Ball State also qualifies I think.[/QUOTE

I agree

Gully
11-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Even though we lost I would count UNC when he was a freshman.

semobison
11-11-2007, 12:09 PM
I have been to the Mountain. I have seen Muhammed. He had on a green jersey with number 11 on it. The legend grows!!!!

bisonmike2
11-11-2007, 12:19 PM
CaBisonFan -

I love that term, "Cal-poly just got Walkered". That should be on a t-shirt. SDSU prepared to be Walkered.

90BISON
11-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Nice thoughts CaBison, glad you finally got to see them in person. I think the UM game last year would have qualified had we won also. Didn't we drive down to get in field goal range in the last minute or so?

Mr. Burgundy
11-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Tailgating in Brookings starts at noon.......Wednesday!!!!!! We're comin'.....we're comin'....................

Bisonfan1
11-11-2007, 04:39 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. Burgundy;158244]Tailgating in Brookings starts at noon.......Wednesday!!!!!! We're comin'.....we're comin'....................[/QUOTE

Why are you waiting for Wednesday ? TAILGATING STARTS TODAY ! I think waiting for the SDSU game to start resembles how long a week it was for the first game of the season to start. Going to be freakin all this week. The South Dakota Invasion starts Friday for us.

Gully
11-11-2007, 04:42 PM
CaBisonFan -

I love that term, "Cal-poly just got Walkered". That should be on a t-shirt. SDSU prepared to be Walkered.

How about, "Cal-Poly just got potato sacked". Not sure how many people will get that one.

bisonpride2k
11-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Here would be a pretty cool shirt i think in commeration of his career.

On the front- "Got Walker?"

On the back- List the games he brought us from the dead, the situation we were in where it was considered over and the final score with how we scored on the last drive. Throw on a couple of helmets by each game of us and the opponent and you have something.

Thoughts??? or instead of a t-shirt maybe a poster.

Bison bison
11-11-2007, 05:59 PM
I'd buy a dozen if they were ready prior to our game at Brookings. (Make 'em green with yellow script......)

NDSUFan_Sav
11-11-2007, 06:53 PM
I second that!!!

Or something about going Rabbit hunting???

"where will you be November 17th?" on front

back: "Rabbit hunting!! in Brookings SD"

90BISON
11-12-2007, 02:48 AM
I could check with our local screen printer, I am pretty sure they could do it before next weekend. Getting all the helmet logos would be tough, besides the whole trademark / permission thing. But you could just have the names of the teams, final score, etc. Give me some other ideas. I like the green shirts / yellow lettering.