PDA

View Full Version : Walker = Best Bison QB ever!

TAILG8R
11-11-2007, 02:15 AM
You can say all you want but I say Walker is my #1 and you can not convince me otherwise.

AKBison
11-11-2007, 02:18 AM
Until tonight I was still stuck on the Big B. Not anymore, you just can't compare Walkers miracles and what he has meant to this team. Walker is the man and he now has my vote.

Kevin
11-11-2007, 02:18 AM
Like I said in the game thread. If this doesn't silence the nay sayers then there's no hope for them.

I really hope Walker gets a chance at the next level.

Tatanka
11-11-2007, 02:24 AM
Winner. pure and simple.

MinotBison
11-11-2007, 02:25 AM
You can say all you want but I say Walker is my #1 and you can not convince me otherwise.

I'll second that motion. All in favor??????????????

1bizon1
11-11-2007, 02:39 AM

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIanyone want to make a motion that nominations cease?

Mr. Burgundy
11-11-2007, 02:43 AM
Best ever. PERIOD. End of discussion. If you disagree, you are wrong. Thanks.

onbison09
11-11-2007, 02:44 AM
Not even a debate!

NDSU1980
11-11-2007, 02:44 AM

AYE..................................

aces1180
11-11-2007, 02:45 AM
Best ever. PERIOD. End of discussion. If you disagree, you are wrong. Thanks.

I've said that for a couple weeks...;)...Hail the Bison.

4mcruenomore
11-11-2007, 03:08 AM
I will always say Bentrim, but that's the past.
Walker is a champion no doubt..

westriver bison
11-11-2007, 03:09 AM
3 Touchdowns, 221 yards, 88 seconds in the fourth quarter. WOW

TAILG8R
11-11-2007, 03:10 AM
I will always say Bentrim, but that's the past.
Walker is a champion no doubt..

Well who invited you to this thread anyway! ;)

J/K J/K

bisonpride2k
11-11-2007, 03:16 AM
(Thoughts by Kolpack after tha game) Note to self, DONT pick against Steve Walker!

After he picked Weber over Walker he said he would never bet against Walker again. SO, he goes and picks Cal Poly. Guess what WE have Walker and everyone else DOESN'T!

No_Skill
11-11-2007, 03:21 AM
The man is ICE. Plain and simple.

http://defiant.corban.edu/gtipton/net-fun/iceberg.JPG

bisonmike2
11-11-2007, 03:29 AM
We need to convince everyone that Steve Walker didn't play during his redshirt freshman year. He was injured. We need to get that year reset as a medical redshirt so he can come back next year. Anyone who has video of him coming into the N. Colorado game, you should destroy that footage now. We are going to need an insider in the NCAA but I think we can pool enough money to buy someone off. It will be difficult, but it can be done. Who's with me?!?

99Bison
11-11-2007, 03:32 AM
We need to convince everyone that Steve Walker didn't play during his redshirt freshman year. He was injured. We need to get that year reset as a medical redshirt so he can come back next year. Anyone who has video of him coming into the N. Colorado game, you should destroy that footage now. We are going to need an insider in the NCAA but I think we can pool enough money to buy someone off. It will be difficult, but it can be done. Who's with me?!?

umm, yeah and those last 3 games that he started that year...

bisonmike2
11-11-2007, 03:36 AM
umm, yeah and those last 3 games that he started that year...

yeah, exactly. I'm just saying that we need to start at the N. Colo game and every game after that for that year.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-11-2007, 03:45 AM
WALKER IS A VERY VERY SOLID QB....very smart when the situation needs it, very calm, and makes the right decisions...but his best football decision he ever made was come to NDSU and play for the BISON...

THANK YOU STEVE WALKER...

Also, we give him credit, but have to give the WR's credit for getting open. Thank you Koyle for making that TD....soooo AMAZING!!

jeffdaryl3rd
11-11-2007, 05:32 AM
While I agree that Simdorn and Bentrim were great players in their own right, I'd say that with the present definition of a quarterback (namely a player whose primary job is throwing the ball) Walker is easily the greatest QB ever to play at NDSU. He flat out wins games. Today he played like crap and yet when he had to he turned it on and won the game against a very good team. Best ever in my book.

Notorious
11-11-2007, 01:06 PM
He is amazing, but I still think it is impossible to compare......different eras, styles, competition, etc.

I will put him and Benny at a tie for #1, with Simmy at #3.

To those more chronologically gifted Bison fans, tell me you havn't forgot Bentrim already. He had the same intangibles as Walker. AND, he won 3 NCs, and should've won 4.

I will admit that the level of athletes on the current roster is much, much better than the 80s & 90s....no question. My guess is that 12-15 starters on the '07 team could've started on any Bison team in history.

semobison
11-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Hold on a minute. The teams we fielded in the mid to late 80 were basicly what FCS is now scholorship wise. NDSU was sending a few guys to the NFL on a yearly basis. Dont try to compare teams and players from the different era's. I am just happy that I got to see Bennie, and Walker do their thing in a Bison uniform. No Bison fan will ever forget Steve Walker. And those of us who saw Bennie will never forget him either. Its a great time to be a Bison fan!

BlueBisonRock
11-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Those of us who are more chronologically gifted tend to remember and summarize the Bentrim years with 'the pitch'. Should Walker be remembered with 'The Heck'?

Bob_Holiday
11-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Bentrim was a stud that no one will ever forget. That being said, I think he played with probably the best Division II team ever assembled, and they nearly ran the table during Bentrims 4 years. This is a whole new ball game, with competition that was not even dreamed about 20+ years ago. What Steve Walker has accomplished during his time in a Bison uniform can only be described as the stuff that legends are made of, and he certainly has become a legend in my book. Is he better than Bentrim? No more of a winner most certainly, they both were and are incredible. But in the end you are comparing apples to oranges and to say one is better than the other would be a disservice to both of them. Let's leave it at this, Bentrim was a magician with the football wnenever he was needed, and Walker is a magician when the game is on the line, plain and simple.
Go Bison,
Bob

NDSUFan_Sav
11-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Well Said Well Said...I don't see how you can say one is better then the other...I'm just thankful we can argue bout it because thats shows the kind of program we have here for football and that we have very good teams!:)

90BISON
11-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Bentrim was a stud that no one will ever forget. That being said, I think he played with probably the best Division II team ever assembled, and they nearly ran the table during Bentrims 4 years. This is a whole new ball game, with competition that was not even dreamed about 20+ years ago. What Steve Walker has accomplished during his time in a Bison uniform can only be described as the stuff that legends are made of, and he certainly has become a legend in my book. Is he better than Bentrim? No more of a winner most certainly, they both were and are incredible. But in the end you are comparing apples to oranges and to say one is better than the other would be a disservice to both of them. Let's leave it at this, Bentrim was a magician with the football wnenever he was needed, and Walker is a magician when the game is on the line, plain and simple.
Go Bison,
Bob

Having had the priveledge of seeing both, agree 100%.

OrygunBison
11-11-2007, 08:33 PM
I personally witnessed every home game for Benny and Simmy. I'm been keeping close tabs of the team from afar, making it to one or two games a year since I left the Midwest in the mid-90's. With Walker, I've seen him play, heard his talent on the radio, read all of the play-by-play from all of you on BisonVille.

All I can say when asked this question about best ever: We've been blessed with great players as Bison fans. No doubt about it.

WRSDBison
11-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Walker has to be the best quarterback ever to play for the Bison. He obviously has the best Quarterback skills out of any that has ever put on the green and gold. I never got the privilege to watch Bentrim show of his skills. But from what I've heard from everybody (and Bentrim does have a little bit of a following so there are a lot of stories to be heard) he was more of a "football player" that an all around quarterback. From everything I've heard Bentrim is more of Tommy Frazier and/or Eric Crouch kind of football player. In conclusion, I think that there is no doubt Bentrim will always be remembered as one of the best football players to ever suit up for the Bison. But I am just being objective in stating that Walker has to go down as the better Quarterback and Bentrim goes down as the better all around player.

skolbrother
11-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Saw Benny. Saw Simdorn. Of course have seen Walker. 4th and 2 I'll take Benny. 4th and 10 give me Walker. I loved those 80's teams but I think Walker is amazing and who here thinks he if he had the opprtunity last season and this he may not have some hardware to go on his resume'.

bisoneer
11-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Yes it is apples and oranges when talking Bentrim, Simdorn or Walker. But this really is a magical year when you consider the level of competition they are playing. It has been a real privaledge to watch all 3 of them and Feeney was great too, but there is just something about this year that stands out right now, maybe because its now, but yesterday agaist Poly was truly amazing. I wanna buy pizza for the the whole team, is that legal??

braveheart
11-12-2007, 12:19 AM
No disrespect to Bentrim, Simdorn, or Walker but Mike Bentson belongs in that group. I have seen them all play but I was there as a fellow player to truly appreciate some of things he accomplished.:) :) :)

skolbrother
11-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Yes it is apples and oranges when talking Bentrim, Simdorn or Walker. But this really is a magical year when you consider the level of competition they are playing. It has been a real privaledge to watch all 3 of them and Feeney was great too, but there is just something about this year that stands out right now, maybe because its now, but yesterday agaist Poly was truly amazing. I wanna buy pizza for the the whole team, is that legal??

LOL. My wife is a UND grad. but she loves this team and last years. We stayed till the end of the last home game against SDSU last year, when the players made a victory lap, she was crying and i wanted to buy them beer and steaks. They are special and I do hope we do something to recognize what they have accomplished!

Jdubs21
11-12-2007, 12:25 AM
I honestly dont know if there is one word or enough words to describe walker as a player or person, its gonna be tough to watch him walk off that field next week

NDSUFREAK
11-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Shall we watch it one more time??....his earlier performance. I can't stop laughing!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTx__3AIusw&NR=1

bisonmike2
11-12-2007, 03:52 PM
When you talk pure QB skills I think you have to put Walker at the top. The ability to read the defense, call audibles, place the ball exactly where you need it, pocket presence, Walker does it all better than the rest. The other guys were more running backs lining up at the QB position. Now if the conversation where who is the best athelete to play QB the result might be different, but to me Walker is the best QB to play at NDSU.

westriver bison
11-12-2007, 04:44 PM
It can be argued that to successfully read the option is just as difficult as reading pass coverage. They were all great Bison quarterbacks, playing in different eras in different systems. Obviously they all were winners and great leaders. It is impossible to determine who is best.

97tegls
11-12-2007, 05:00 PM
I've said that for a couple weeks...;)...Hail the Bison.

HAIL THE BISON IS CORRECT... it was too bad we couldnt see the game on cstv but it was a hell of a game to listen to... i really think that walker is one of the best qbs i have ever watched... he is a great clutch qb and takes the game in his hands and isnt scared to get dirty to win a game... walker has my vote...

Bison4Life302
11-13-2007, 01:20 AM
How many miracles does Walker have to show you old time Bison fans for you to declare him the best!! Come on!!!

semobison
11-13-2007, 01:31 AM
Come on??? Walker is great, but you cant compare players or teams from different eras. Did you ever see Bentrim play Bison4life? This is a great time for Bison fans but so was 83 to 90!!

Bison4Life302
11-13-2007, 01:35 AM
I saw them all play, and I have seen every miracle game in person that Walker has been a part of other than UC Davis last year( which I watched on TV) No doubt in my mind!!

Bison4Life302
11-13-2007, 01:46 AM
And the hell I can't compare players from different "eras"!!

brewcityboy
11-13-2007, 01:55 AM
When you talk pure QB skills I think you have to put Walker at the top. The ability to read the defense, call audibles, place the ball exactly where you need it, pocket presence, Walker does it all better than the rest. The other guys were more running backs lining up at the QB position. Now if the conversation where who is the best athelete to play QB the result might be different, but to me Walker is the best QB to play at NDSU.

Agreed...Steve has unreal skills at quaterback but from what i heard bentrim and simdorn were better athletes. Now the question is lets put Bentrim and Simdorn in are offense today and Walker back in the veer. How did u think that scenario would play out?

silkamilkamonico
11-13-2007, 01:58 AM
Agreed...Steve has unreal skills at quaterback but from what i heard and seen bentrim and simdorn were better athletes. Now the question is lets put Bentrim and Simdorn in are offense today and Walker back in the veer. How did u think that scenario would play out?

I think Bentrim and Simdorn would be better in the pocket than Walker in the veer.

I was younger watching Bentrim and Simdorn and I loved them, but considering going through the transition to D1AA, the big games that Walker has had, I would list Walker as the best Bison QB ever, IMHO.

It's just so unfortunate that Walker didn't get the oppurtunity to play those big games he shines in at the end of the year for that Championship.

brewcityboy
11-13-2007, 02:16 AM
I would say Steve because i've played with him and haven't seen Bentrim and Simdorn play but there rushing stats are crazy!

90BISON
11-13-2007, 06:30 PM
I would say Steve because i've played with him and haven't seen Bentrim and Simdorn play but there rushing stats are crazy!

Also consider the fact that Simdorn & Satter were in the same backfield and are #4 & #5 on the career rushing list, total between them of 6,525 rushing yds.:nod: That doesn't even include Marty's yds or anyone else's (can't remember if there were any other high repetition backs, too long ago)

SlickVic
11-13-2007, 11:35 PM
not to mention bio rythems...there is no other QB in ndsu history that comes close to stevie wonder

TransAmBison
11-14-2007, 02:23 AM
Watched the Princess Bride tonight on tv...it never gets old. Anyway, after watching the movie I started thinking about the game against Cal Poly...that never gets old either. Anyway, I pictured Walker going up to the Cal Poly defense after the 4th quarter has started and drifted to around the 9 minute mark and saying, "By the way, I'm not really left handed..."

lakesbison
11-14-2007, 02:47 AM
Simmy & Benny = Best rushers ever at QB.

WALKER is what 20-1 as starter? (minnesota shouldve been a win, and WAS in many people's opinion.)

SO THAT MAKES HIM UNBEATABLE!!!!

WHICH MAKES HIM THE QB OF THE HISTORY FOR NDSU BISON!!

look at the athletes that WALKER has played against when comparing to benny/simmy etc... its not even a discussion when you consider the 4 FBS games that Walker played in and the GATEWAY teams and California teams.

CASE CLOSED when you consider all those facts.

Dam we gonna miss Stevie Wonder!!

56BISON73
11-14-2007, 03:56 AM
How many miracles does Walker have to show you old time Bison fans for you to declare him the best!! Come on!!!

Why did he have to perform miracles??? If you are going to give him all the credit then you have too give him credit for not performing up to that point. If he had performed the way he should have the team wouldnt have been in the terrible position it was. HMmmmmmmmm:D PL

X-Factor
11-14-2007, 06:20 AM
Simmy & Benny = Best rushers ever at QB.

WALKER is what 20-1 as starter? (minnesota shouldve been a win, and WAS in many people's opinion.)

SO THAT MAKES HIM UNBEATABLE!!!!

WHICH MAKES HIM THE QB OF THE HISTORY FOR NDSU BISON!!

look at the athletes that WALKER has played against when comparing to benny/simmy etc... its not even a discussion when you consider the 4 FBS games that Walker played in and the GATEWAY teams and California teams.

CASE CLOSED when you consider all those facts.

Dam we gonna miss Stevie Wonder!!

Before this Saturday, Walker is 30-5 as a starter.(85.7%) IMO he would have several more wins than that if he would have started all of '04 like he should have.

UTH
11-14-2007, 06:48 AM
This whole thread absolutely reeks of "my daddy can beat up your daddy". Comparing Walker with the other greats is ridiculous as far as I am concerned. Simdorn, etc., were bred for the veer. Walker was not. They are therefore different. Arguing that one is better than another looks silly to me when they are so different. Just because Simdorm and Bentrim weren't passers and Walker isn't a runner doesn't necessarily mean that any one of them haven't ever had that "winner's gene". There is no way around it. Let this discussion go. Nothing good or productive will come of it.

BlueBisonRock
11-14-2007, 06:57 AM
This whole thread absolutely reeks of "my daddy can beat up your daddy". Comparing Walker with the other greats is ridiculous as far as I am concerned. Simdorn, etc., were bred for the veer. Walker was not. They are therefore different. Arguing that one is better than another looks silly to me when they are so different. Just because Simdorm and Bentrim weren't passers and Walker isn't a runner doesn't necessarily mean that any one of them haven't ever had that "winner's gene". There is no way around it. Let this discussion go. Nothing good or productive will come of it.

You are absolutely correct!

Lets be concerned about the bunnies and move on!

TransAmBison
11-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Simdorn was actually "bred" for the veer? Wow, that is an interesting bit of trivia! :D I don't think I want to know how you found that out!

UTH
11-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Simdorn was actually "bred" for the veer? Wow, that is an interesting bit of trivia! :D I don't think I want to know how you found that out!

Suppose I shouldn't have brought this up. The evidence proving this can be found in the research archives in a top secret superhero research laboratory. The location of this laboratory has never been established, but the supply of quarterbacks that this facility has alloted to NDSU over the years should be reason enough to just let them be. Let's not look a gift horse in the mouth.

bisonmike2
11-14-2007, 04:25 PM
This thread made me think of a superfan snl sketch for some reason.

me: Ok Bentrim and Walker versus a hurricane.

superfans: I'll take Benrtrim and Walker.

me: But the name of the hurricane is Hurricane Bohl

superfans: Ooooh! That's a tough one. I'll take Bohl

DA BOHL!.

Notorious
11-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Donny Suda.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
11-14-2007, 09:22 PM
This thread is so stale.

4mcruenomore
11-17-2007, 09:20 PM
I REST my case:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/4mcrue/bentrim_small2.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/4mcrue/bentrim_small3.jpg

A WINNER WINS

GOD I'M PISSED, nice interception.....THUNDAR wears #1 for a reason, I never forsee him wearing #11.

4mcruenomore
11-17-2007, 10:34 PM
A winner WINS, he had a tough first half in '90, but guess what, we WON
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/4mcrue/chris_simdorn.jpg

Blue
11-17-2007, 10:37 PM
I REST my case:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/4mcrue/bentrim_small2.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/4mcrue/bentrim_small3.jpg

A WINNER WINS

GOD I'M PISSED, nice interception.....THUNDAR wears #1 for a reason, I never forsee him wearing #11.
Wow you are a poor sport for dumping your QB for losing his 2nd game in the last two years. Grow up and show some class like the rest of the Bison fans that I met today.

tjbison
11-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Without walker we would have lost at least 3 more games!! The kids heart is with the bison how can you slam him for that, i can't understand why you are looking at this season as such a complete failure?? GET OVER IT ITS A GAME!

4mcruenomore
11-17-2007, 10:39 PM
I have class, and never "dumped" him, but the arguement stands, a winner wins. I was at Dacotah field when we won, were you?

It's not a game, it's a season, It was the conference championship, bring your A game.
If Simdorn sucked in '90, then it's just a game???? Win it or go home.

Even if we lost 3 more games, and won the conference, then what? We lost to a 6-4 Jacks team.