11-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Wow! I didn't see that one coming! :-)

Yeah. I wonder what happened.

sambini
11-07-2007, 03:39 PM
That is a complete shock........

Bison Dan
11-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Now the 69 million dollar question, how much?

UTH
11-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Now the 69 million dollar question, how much?

How much? I say three years to prepare for the inevitable. The question is, will they?

WePharm
11-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Let's see, no pres., no AD, no nickname, declining enrollment, D1 transition, Ralph doing cartwheels in his grave, yup things are going just fine up north!

KTF
11-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Let's see, no pres., no AD, no nickname, declining enrollment, D1 transition, Ralph doing cartwheels in his grave, yup things are going just fine up north!

I find it funny that everytime a news release is published, the president is always on vacation. Does he ever work?

NorthernBison
11-07-2007, 09:44 PM
How much? The answer is severance of $143,718 (14 months of salary) paid out in three lump sums of $61,594 on 11/12, $71,859 on 1/1, and $10,265 on 8/1. In addition he will get health insurance paid through July 31st and vacation pay of $10,253.62. This is being reported by the Herald. I found the link on ss.com.

roadwarrior
11-07-2007, 09:53 PM
That will buy a nice vacation!

RedRiver
11-08-2007, 12:28 AM
On PTS tonight, a GF Herald writer said that UND offered to buy Bunning out of his contract for $154,000, and he accepted and then resigned.

sambini
11-08-2007, 12:29 AM
And a few grinders from the Red Pepper+++

Tatanka
11-08-2007, 02:18 AM
And a few grinders from the Red Pepper+++
This was the clincher for sure. But then I'm sure the staff of the Red Pepper gets a discount (or at least free double meat on their grinders), right? :nod:

JackJD
11-08-2007, 02:21 AM
The loss of Buning could be a bad thing. What if UND hires a good AD? Then again, what if they hire Roger Thomas?

Tatanka
11-08-2007, 02:49 AM
The loss of Buning could be a bad thing. What if UND hires a good AD? Then again, what if they hire Roger Thomas?
Not worried about either scenario. The first one, well, they're gonna need to. The second one, well, if they do that, they'll have punished themselves enough.

tjbison
11-08-2007, 03:20 AM
Now they want to build a 20-30,000 seat indoor Football stadium:rofl:

MinotBison
11-08-2007, 03:33 AM

What are they going to do with the extra 20-25,000 seats?

BisBison
11-08-2007, 04:12 AM

where did you hear this?

Bison bison
11-08-2007, 01:31 PM
long-term facility plan.

i think they are going to have a real problem filling the position. Bunning might be a bum, but they he left makes UND look second class.

they can bring back bollinger, but they still have to go through the paces

EagleBison
11-08-2007, 02:31 PM
I find it funny that everytime a news release is published, the president is always on vacation. Does he ever work?

Telecommutes :)

Tatanka
11-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Hologram.:nod:
http://web.onetel.net.uk/~dirkdiggler/images/hologram.jpg

tjbison
11-08-2007, 09:13 PM
where did you hear this?

KX4 KVLY whatever it is, said they are planning for the stadium 12 years or so, must really be thinking ahead now, how do they justify that

02Bison
11-10-2007, 01:19 AM
Bunning seemed like a decent man...a lot better than his predecessor. Hopefully he can plant his feet in greener pastures. He was treated unfairly in my opinion. UND has coaches who think they are the athletic director. They expect their athletic director positon to be nothing more than a figurehead.

met1990
11-10-2007, 03:31 AM
Bunning seemed like a decent man...a lot better than his predecessor. Hopefully he can plant his feet in greener pastures. He was treated unfairly in my opinion. UND has coaches who think they are the athletic director. They expect their athletic director positon to be nothing more than a figurehead.

Best of luck to Buning. I don't know if the real story will ever come out of what happened up there, but I certainly don't wish ill on anyone. I hope he does come out ahead.

NDFAN2
11-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Bunning makes a statement today! I didn't catch it all but he said that it was the right decision "to protect his family and future in the business."

??? I'm sure there will be a link shortly.

Edit: no link yet but... Tom Buning interviewed by WDAZ, to be aired on thursday 11/15 at 5pm / 6pm and 10pm......Should be interesting to hear his side of the story....

Bison Dan
11-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Bunning makes a statement today! I didn't catch it all but he said that it was the right decision "to protect his family and future in the business."

??? I'm sure there will be a link shortly.

Edit: no link yet but... Tom Buning interviewed by WDAZ, to be aired on thursday 11/15 at 5pm / 6pm and 10pm......Should be interesting to hear his side of the story....

There won't really be "his side of the story" because I'm sure he signed something that pervents it. Does anyone in their right mind (besides the cool-aid drinkers) really think that the 150,000.00 buyout that's being reported was his only compensation? Who in the college athletic departments across the country doesn't know that he was asked to resign or be fired. Can you say damaged goods? I'm sure some well healed alumni signed a check or two to make him go away.

NDFAN2
11-15-2007, 07:41 PM
There won't really be "his side of the story" because I'm sure he signed something that pervents it. Does anyone in their right mind (besides the cool-aid drinkers) really think that the 150,000.00 buyout that's being reported was his only compensation? Who in the college athletic departments across the country doesn't know that he was asked to resign or be fired. Can you say damaged goods? I'm sure some well healed alumni signed a check or two to make him go away.

Maybe I should have said it would be interesting "to see what he says".

56BISON73
11-15-2007, 10:09 PM
He wont say much if he wants to stay in the AD business. Crap like this happens and he will not bad mouth his former employer. You build bridges not burn them. Any future employer will look at how he handled this situation. PL

bisonpride2k
11-16-2007, 12:57 AM
Through some very reliable and tapped into the department Sewage boosters I know, it sounds like Bunning got ramroded out of there by the big programs. It was public knowledge that he had balanced the budget which had not been done in years and a few programs were not happy about that. He cut the frill stuff that was not comming out of their budget and said it needed to come out of theirs only. To top it off the publicly noted dispute over the hockey coaches contract which has other factors mixed in that are not public (and I will not spell them out either). The survey was then given for a reason because of those situations. There are many boosters that are extremely upset about how this all happened and why it is happening because they applauded him for balancing the budget. Lets just say its ugly and Bunning got screwed out of his job. Classic Sewage!

56BISON73
11-16-2007, 01:34 AM
Through some very reliable and tapped into the department Sewage boosters I know, it sounds like Bunning got ramroded out of there by the big programs. It was public knowledge that he had balanced the budget which had not been done in years and a few programs were not happy about that. He cut the frill stuff that was not comming out of their budget and said it needed to come out of theirs only. To top it off the publicly noted dispute over the hockey coaches contract which has other factors mixed in that are not public (and I will not spell them out either). The survey was then given for a reason because of those situations. There are many boosters that are extremely upset about how this all happened and why it is happening because they applauded him for balancing the budget. Lets just say its ugly and Bunning got screwed out of his job. Classic Sewage!

As crappy as it is---its really not that uncommon in sports or business. People get caught in a politcal power play and everthing goes to shit. As they say---if they want to get you---they will figure out a way to do it. PL

bisoneer
11-19-2007, 01:09 AM
Did you see his last post position interviews? He was really being careful how he put things and its so obvious that there is much more to this story. He did not really answer any questions.

bisoneer
11-19-2007, 01:11 AM

So how much is in the hockey coaches "contract" anyway and is it on the up and up when it comes to school policy, morals, IRS and etc?????

Bison101
11-19-2007, 11:47 PM
Bunning's resignation just goes to show how UND Athletics is kinda messed up. I mean, there athletic director resigned, they have a disputed nickname, they are trying to move up to D-1 on a bone-dry budget, their football facility is under scrutiny, and their football team will be clobbered next year versus Cal Poly and Cal Davis. Just wait and see. Ryan Chappel will be hurt by the fourth game.

BisBison
11-20-2007, 12:19 AM
Bunning's resignation just goes to show how UND Athletics is kinda messed up. I mean, there athletic director resigned, they have a disputed nickname, they are trying to move up to D-1 on a bone-dry budget, their football facility is under scrutiny, and their football team will be clobbered next year versus Cal Poly and Cal Davis. Just wait and see. Ryan Chappel will be hurt by the fourth game.

What are you hearing about their football facility?? I haven't heard anything about the tin shed.

UTH
11-20-2007, 12:24 AM
What are you hearing about their football facility?? I haven't heard anything about the tin shed.

You didn't hear? They're in negotiations to sell and let it become a Super Sam's Club.

[link (http://www.dozirulf.com/)]

BisBison
11-20-2007, 12:28 AM
You didn't hear? They're in negotiations to sell and let it become a Super Sam's Club.

damn do they have trouble up there. I wouldn't want that AD job on a bet.

BlueBisonRock
11-20-2007, 04:16 AM

Got me. ... ... ... Twice!

bisonpride2k
11-23-2007, 07:28 PM
So how much is in the hockey coaches "contract" anyway and is it on the up and up when it comes to school policy, morals, IRS and etc?????

It is worth over $220,000 if I remember right. BUT, the big dispute came or how the contract and agreed amount came about. The contract amount was brought to Bunning through a source other then the coach. The individual had other outside motives to the contract and the authority to be able to do it which left Bunnings hands tied and ultimatey the reason for the survey. He had no chance in the survey because he stepped on so many major programs toes to get them within the budget that they all wanted him out so they could have their freedom of spending again.