PDA

View Full Version : Pat Paschall

mn_bison_
11-07-2007, 10:35 AM
He is out for the remainder of the season with a knee injury (meniscus tear). Reported both on WDAY sports and Kolpack's article in the forum. Blincoe will be the #2 back and Shaman will be the #3...

CaBisonFan
11-07-2007, 11:51 AM
He is out for the remainder of the season with a knee injury (meniscus tear). Reported both on WDAY sports and Kolpack's article in the forum. Blincoe will be the #2 back and Shaman will be the #3...

ouch !!

Too bad for him...and a huge loss for our running attack.

Gully
11-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Too bad for Pat, that sucks. While it's never good to see an injury this is really too bad because he was really improving this year. Here's hoping he has a complete recovery and can be back next year.

EagleBison
11-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Here's to a full recovery for Pat.

bisonpride2k
11-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Did anyone notice when he got injured? I didnt see the play or an instance when he limped off.

NWNDBison
11-07-2007, 01:43 PM
NDSU’s Paschall out with injury

North Dakota State running back Pat Paschall’s season has come to an apparent and abrupt end.

The sophomore sustained ligament damage to his knee and will not play Saturday at California Poly.

Bison head coach Craig Bohl, speaking during his radio feedback show on WDAY-AM Tuesday night, intimated the origin of the injury is unknown. Paschall had 10 carries for 105 yards last week against Illinois State.

He was not visibly removed from the field because of an injury.

He’s the team’s second leading rusher with 530 yards on 84 carries. He was averaging 5.4 yards per attempt.

His absence will pave the way for sophomore Pete Blincoe, who has shared backup duties with Blincoe, to see more playing time behind starter Tyler Roehl.

– Jeff Kolpack

Full story at http://www.in-forum.com

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/182907

bisonmike2
11-07-2007, 01:46 PM
this is a pretty big loss for us. he was a great complement to the bruising style of Roehl. Tyler would beat guys up and they Pat could come in and dance around guys after they have taken a beating. Here's to a full recovery and a full backfield in 2008.

Bison"FANatic"
11-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Here is to Pat getting better. It is good that it is only part of the unhappy triad and no ligiments were torn. This should bode well for his recovery and he should be suited up next year!

X-Factor
11-07-2007, 01:55 PM
this is a pretty big loss for us. he was a great complement to the bruising style of Roehl. Tyler would beat guys up and they Pat could come in and dance around guys after they have taken a beating. Here's to a full recovery and a full backfield in 2008.

with the depth we have in the backfield, not exactly. Paschall is very good but so is Blincoe. It's not like this is going to change the game plan any.

Get better P^2!!

bisonmike2
11-07-2007, 02:25 PM
with the depth we have in the backfield, not exactly. Paschall is very good but so is Blincoe. It's not like this is going to change the game plan any.

Get better P^2!!

I know Blincoe's a great backup, but I just like Pat's running style especially when he would come into a game after the defense was subjected to the pounding that Roehl puts on people. And you never know with the way Roehl run he might go down with an injury and then all of a sudden we have Blincoe #1 and washington as the #2. don't get me wrong, those guys are great but I see Blincoe as a 15 -20 carry guy max and Washington isn't really the type of runner you want pounding between the tackles.

NDFAN2
11-07-2007, 02:27 PM
I think the TV caught Mr. Paschall limping off the field sometime after his tackle on the kickoff coverage. I'd have to rewatch to mark the exact time, but overall, the Bison won't have his services for the rest of the season.

Get healthy for next year Pat.

CaBisonFan
11-07-2007, 06:30 PM
I know Blincoe's a great backup, but I just like Pat's running style especially when he would come into a game after the defense was subjected to the pounding that Roehl puts on people. And you never know with the way Roehl run he might go down with an injury and then all of a sudden we have Blincoe #1 and washington as the #2. don't get me wrong, those guys are great but I see Blincoe as a 15 -20 carry guy max and Washington isn't really the type of runner you want pounding between the tackles.

Pat had a really nice mix of speed, moves, and hard-nose attitude. He'll be missed. But we're lucky to have backups like Blincoe, and others. He 'will' be missed.

BisonBabe
11-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Since the Bison play as a team he will be missed but because of the coaching staff's hard work and the effort of all the players the team will continue to play well. Look forward to seeing him back on the field next season.

90BISON
11-07-2007, 07:19 PM
I think the TV caught Mr. Paschall limping off the field sometime after his tackle on the kickoff coverage. I'd have to rewatch to mark the exact time, but overall, the Bison won't have his services for the rest of the season.

Did it happen during the game? The only reason I'm even inclined to think that is that I was at the game and don't recall any serious game ending injury type stuff during the game (yes I stayed until the final horn blew), it wasn't talked about during Coach Bohl's Football Show which is on Sunday morning, and it wasn't discussed during the Cal Poly press conference which is on Monday morning? So either it seemed minor at the time and flared up later or could have even happened in practice? Overall it doesn't matter when or how because he won't be back this year, which is really too bad. I really like his style of running and he has really progressed throughout this year.:smh:

NDFAN2
11-07-2007, 07:45 PM
I'll look at the tape. The limp was very slight.

It is very possible that he slipped in the bathroom too, you just never know.

90BISON
11-07-2007, 09:52 PM
I'll look at the tape. The limp was very slight.

It is very possible that he slipped in the bathroom too, you just never know.

Actually I was thinking of other possibilities having nothing to do with football, but too embarrassing to admit. From personal experience some of worst injuries I've ever had were somewhat self inflicted. Just kind of find it funny that no one seems to know what happened. :confused:

onbison09
11-08-2007, 12:56 AM
That sucks. When you get a transfer you always have questions about their attitude but (unless everyone on the team is the best liers in the world) he is all about the team. Get well Pat!!!!!!!

NDFAN2
11-08-2007, 01:17 PM
I watched the tape last night. It appeared to me that the tackle on the kickoff coverage in the 4th quarter may reveal a slight bend of the knee with the tackle he made. But he celebrated with several jumps off the field, and was seen standing on the sideline during the rest of the game.

I'm guessing something happened after the game..

Bison bison
11-08-2007, 01:25 PM

Bohl spoke about that play too and how Pat had an issue, but they didn't know as of Sunday morning how severe.

Really too bad.

His touchdown, followed by his special teams tackle was (in the word's of Brad Childress when describing the Minnesota Vikings' Offense), 'Kick a$$'.

90BISON
11-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Bohl spoke about that play too and how Pat had an issue, but they didn't know as of Sunday morning how severe.

Really too bad.

His touchdown, followed by his special teams tackle was (in the word's of Brad Childress when describing the Minnesota Vikings' Offense), 'Kick a$$'.

Very much agree, kind of miss some of that during the game, especially if it happens on the opposite end of the field, but caught on Craig's show, kid is a great athlete.

Bison bison
11-08-2007, 02:56 PM
it happened right in front of section 21, aka 'God's Own'.

Pachall just slid off his guy and made the tackle. It was fantastic!

I was thinking: Wasn't that Paschall? That couldn't be Paschall. Holy Sh%t, THAT WAS PASCHALL!!!

TransAmBison
11-08-2007, 05:57 PM
section 21, aka 'God's Own'.
I like that...

SDbison
11-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDB2 http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?p=156696#post156696)
section 21, aka 'God's Own'.

Of course.....I already knew that

SDbison
11-08-2007, 06:45 PM
As for the meniscal tear, the surgery required doesn't cause much damage and not a lot of therapy to return to normal in a fairly short time (2 to 4 weeks). I have had surgery to clean up tears in my meniscus on both sides of my right knee. Prior to going in for surgery I first noticed some slight discomfort in that knee while running, doing circuit class or playing basketball. This went on for quite a while without preventing any activity. Eventually the only physical indication of a problem that came up was when I played hockey. There were a couple times where I went to push off with that leg and it would kind of give out like it wasn't there. I knew it was time to have something done. The way my doctor explained it is the tears allow the ends of the bone to follow the torn tissue around the meniscus and then the bone slips slightly off the joint. The repair is quite simple as the doctor goes in through a centimeter wide cut on either side of the knee with a minature rotating cutting head that removes the excess tissue and sucks it out (excuse my crude description). I watched the surgery as they did it on me. I was back exercising with a couple days after the surgery and played basketball full speed within a couple weeks. This injury is nothing like ACL / MCL stuff.

90BISON
11-08-2007, 06:54 PM
As for the meniscal tear, the surgery required doesn't cause much damage and not a lot of therapy to return to normal in a fairly short time (2 to 4 weeks). I have had surgery to clean up tears in my meniscus on both sides of my right knee. Prior to going in for surgery I first noticed some slight discomfort in that knee while running, doing circuit class or playing basketball. This went on for quite a while without preventing any activity. Eventually the only physical indication of a problem that came up was when I played hockey. There were a couple times where I went to push off with that leg and it would kind of give out like it wasn't there. I knew it was time to have something done. The way my doctor explained it is the tears allow the ends of the bone to follow the torn tissue around the meniscus and then the bone slips slightly off the joint. The repair is quite simple as the doctor goes in through a centimeter wide cut on either side of the knee with a minature rotating cutting head that removes the excess tissue and sucks it out (excuse my crude description). I watched the surgery as they did it on me. I was back exercising with a couple days after the surgery and played basketball full speed within a couple weeks. This injury is nothing like ACL / MCL stuff.

That does explain the fact that he didn't seem to be in too terrible shape during the game. Thanks for the explanation, just have never known anyone personally that has had that exact diagnosis, so I wasn't sure how involved it actually was.

NDFAN2
11-08-2007, 06:56 PM

Dave - I just had lunch! :hungry:

Basketball, Football, hockey, cheer loud at NDSU games! is there anything you don't do?