PDA

View Full Version : Solberg Commits

bisoncraze
11-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Just saw on intermat that Justin Solberg committed to NDSU. That is huge news! Top wrestler in the state to the Bison.

extremerouge
11-06-2007, 06:29 PM
thats great news!

sambini
11-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Great News Welcome+++++

onbison09
11-07-2007, 12:56 AM
YESS!! Way to go Bucky & Co!

mjh
11-07-2007, 01:53 AM
He can be a good one with some hard work. If he has it inside Bucky will get it out of him.

Bison06
11-07-2007, 07:31 PM
I am glad to hear this. I had heard earlier that he decided to go to Cornell and was really bummed. Justin is a good kid and will fit in very well at NDSU. Good to see those Wahpeton product do well.

CarringtonBison
02-19-2008, 03:53 AM
Solberg had a very dominate tourney. Watched all his matches and he really dominated. Even when the scores didn't reflect it, he was never not in control of the match. Could step right in next year in place of Hoffman, no disrespect to any current bison.

90BISON
02-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Solberg had a very dominate tourney. Watched all his matches and he really dominated. Even when the scores didn't reflect it, he was never not in control of the match. Could step right in next year in place of Hoffman, no disrespect to any current bison.

Guys like that are fun to watch, but suck to go up against. You and they both know that there is no doubt about who is going to win the match, be it by 1 or 10 pts, from the second the match starts. They will find a way to win it, sometimes toying with you along the way.:nod:

GFBison
02-20-2008, 03:26 AM
Solberg vs Mehring Semi-final match

http://208.107.104.100/2007wrestling/images/IMG_5616.jpg

http://208.107.104.100/2007wrestling/images/IMG_5617.jpg

http://208.107.104.100/2007wrestling/images/IMG_5618.jpg

roadwarrior
02-20-2008, 04:12 AM
Looks like he might have gotten a pin there!

GFBison
02-20-2008, 04:51 AM
Looks like he might have gotten a pin there!

I think it was 51 seconds.

rutlandbison
02-26-2008, 10:03 PM
Does anybody know where Chris McKlery went? i dont know how to spell his name. He's from Napoleon and weights 215lbs, if someone knows can you tell me.

onbison09
02-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Does anybody know where Chris McKlery went? i dont know how to spell his name. He's from Napoleon and weights 215lbs, if someone knows can you tell me.
He's going to wrestle for the Herd. His name is Kris and we won the state title I think twice but maybe three times. He won it once over Bison FB Lee Vandall in a disputed match at the FFD. Anyone that was there will remember the boos from the crowd. Never have heard a wrestling tournament crowd boo that loud. Should be intresting to see how well the ND boys do for the Herd. Is that official yet or am I typing before thinking again. Saw it on an earlier thread: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10740

CarringtonBison
02-26-2008, 11:31 PM
actually, i have heard that he is strongly looking at Mary. Not confirmed, just rumors at the state tourney.

And in terms of booing at the state tourney, I think that the boos after Ford lost his match to Dewald (I believe) were louder. I saw both matches and it seemed louder this year.

rutlandbison
02-26-2008, 11:36 PM
actually, i have heard that he is strongly looking at Mary. Not confirmed, just rumors at the state tourney.

And in terms of booing at the state tourney, I think that the boos after Ford lost his match to Dewald (I believe) were louder. I saw both matches and it seemed louder this year.

Yeah i heard that he was looking at Mary too because he has a couple of brothers that play football there, my cousin told me this so its true but i was wondering where he's going because i played football against him and i know he's pretty good at football. Big scary guy

onbison09
02-26-2008, 11:53 PM

:blush: Oops:blush:

BraxtonT
02-27-2008, 12:06 AM
Kris McCleary- 4 time state champion (all at 215#)

Last I heard, still undecided, but U-Mary sounds like the place he'll end up.
Too bad if he does that for Bison Wrestling. I believe he'd make a great 197# for The Herd.

Ford match? It was Damon Weigel from Napoleon he faced.

Louder Booing? I'd say the Vandal vs. McCleary match was louder.

More controversial? Vandal vs. McCleary (No contest!)

CarringtonBison
02-27-2008, 02:25 AM
Kris McCleary- 4 time state champion (all at 215#)

Last I heard, still undecided, but U-Mary sounds like the place he'll end up.
Too bad if he does that for Bison Wrestling. I believe he'd make a great 197# for The Herd.

Ford match? It was Damon Weigel from Napoleon he faced.

Louder Booing? I'd say the Vandal vs. McCleary match was louder.

More controversial? Vandal vs. McCleary (No contest!)

I agree with the Vandal v McCleary being more controversial. And not just because we knew he was coming our way.

Absolutely right on Weigel, just too lazy to look up who he was wrestling that night. We discussed this over cocktails that night-I guess one too many :)