PDA

View Full Version : Any at the UM-Crookston Game?

BlueKeyAlum
11-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Was anyone at the game who can give an update on how the women looked? Obviously they looked strong, but the Eagles were 0-27 last season so that puts things in a frame of reference.

Amy rotated players in early and often. Two of the frosh that saw early playing time were Trekker and Plucker. How did they look? My understanding is that they bring a lot of speed to the team (before state champs in the 400 in their respective states). Is that true? Walseth didn't score, but I understand she brings a lot of heady play to the game.

Impressions?? Anyone??

BisonVifte
11-06-2007, 03:13 PM
The biggest thing I noticed from last year is that we will be much deeper without seeing a difference in play on the court. It remains to be seen if we will compete against the better schools.

Trim
11-06-2007, 07:44 PM
I saw Mr. Road there on the sports highlights last night. I know, big shock.

SDHoopsfromSDSUFan
11-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Crookston is much better from last year. Their two year starter Theresa Crance only got a few minutes of playing time and it wasn't because she was injured. They've made some impressive personnel moves on the team. This is a good showing for the Bison.

sambini
11-07-2007, 01:01 AM
I saw Mr. Road there on the sports highlights last night. I know, big shock. I also saw the ROAD ON THE SPORTS+++

mjh
11-07-2007, 01:40 AM
For my money , #4 Walseth was the best player we put on the floor. She can run, pass, handle the ball, defend, and score if given the chance, and she is big for a point. She doesn't have to start but I hope she plays alot. There is a reason she went to Col. State even if it didn't work for her. Her sister was a stud at Penn State.

Bison bison
11-07-2007, 02:00 AM
The woman looked good for an exhibition game. Crookston scored points early, but Ruley had 2/3 freshman in their at times.

Started clicking after the time out. Bue and Moran looked good. Penley has come a long way over the past two years.

Not quite sure what to expect when they face Idaho State......

BlueKeyAlum
11-07-2007, 04:23 AM
And to think....what if Ashley Samuelson was not hurt?

Glad to hear the Bison have some solid depth, they'll need it in Flagstaff at an elevation of 7,000 ft. Lots of subbing to keep players from sucking wind.

imabison
11-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Was anyone at the game who can give an update on how the women looked? Obviously they looked strong, but the Eagles were 0-27 last season so that puts things in a frame of reference.

Amy rotated players in early and often. Two of the frosh that saw early playing time were Trekker and Plucker. How did they look? My understanding is that they bring a lot of speed to the team (before state champs in the 400 in their respective states). Is that true? Walseth didn't score, but I understand she brings a lot of heady play to the game.

Impressions?? Anyone??
Several weeks ago Amy was at After Hours and said she had 10 people that could play. After that Samuleson went down.

From what I saw she was not stretching the facts at all.

Very good players, and at least 6 or 7 that were consistant from 3 point land.

Some rookie turn overs, overall they looked very good after they settled down.

Take NOTHING away from Crookston, they had a few very good 3 point shooters, and some quick guards to set it up. They should not go 0 - 23 or whatever they record was last year.