PDA

View Full Version : Ypc/%

eddie
11-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Just wanted to point out some numbers that help point to why the offense has been clicking...

Yards per carry rests at 6.1, and if you take out Walker's "attempts"... That number jumps to a ridiculous 6.68 ypc.

Overall completion % at 71.4 (Mertens has quietly hit 10-of-14 which is a positive early sign).

I'm kind of surprised our 3rd-down conversion rate is "only" 53% (51 of 96). I'd be curious what the average yardage was for those attempts.

NDSUstudent
11-06-2007, 12:37 AM
If you want to talk yards per carry just look at Roehl's last two games....

520 yards, 5 TDs, and 12.4 yards per carry :eeek: :eeek: :eeek: :eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

Tatanka
11-06-2007, 12:39 AM
Now that's just sick!!! :nod:

NDSUstudent
11-06-2007, 12:49 AM
Now that's just sick!!! :nod:

Just think what he might be able to do against CP, last year the Bison ran for 335 yards and that CP defense had Kyle Shotwell roaming the sidelines. This year the Rabbits also put up over 300 yards rushing on the Mustangs.

BisManBison
11-06-2007, 01:53 AM
Just think what he might be able to do against CP, last year the Bison ran for 335 yards and that CP defense had Kyle Shotwell roaming the sidelines. This year the Rabbits also put up over 300 yards rushing on the Mustangs.

Pound it at em, pound it at em, and pound it at em some more to keep Barden on the sidelines as much as possible I say!

X-Factor
11-06-2007, 02:21 AM
Pound it at em, pound it at em, and pound it at em some more to keep Barden on the sidelines as much as possible I say!

I've learned something this year by looking up the drive charts on ESPN. For NDSU pounding the football this year doesn't necessarily mean drives are going to milk the clock down. Our most time consuming drive against ISU was 81 yards 7 plays in just under 4 minutes. Not to bad considering the drive was only 7 plays, but most were of the driver were well under 2 minutes and just a couple plays. I think that might also be at least part of the reason why our defense seems to be giving up more points this year. Last year's offense really controlled the clock thereby limiting possessions of the opposing team, but this year our running game is too good to do that against most teams unless they have a really good rush defense.

As far as Roehls ridiculous YPC average, what is even more surprising is this is coming from a guy that hasn't played RB since high school before this season. I think with these last few games we are just starting to see him really get the feeling back of being a RB and we could be in for some exciting games to watch. If the offensive line depth fills in next year like it should, Roehl should be one of the early front runners for the Payton.

Bisonguy
11-06-2007, 07:53 PM
I've learned something this year by looking up the drive charts on ESPN. For NDSU pounding the football this year doesn't necessarily mean drives are going to milk the clock down. Our most time consuming drive against ISU was 81 yards 7 plays in just under 4 minutes. Not to bad considering the drive was only 7 plays, but most were of the driver were well under 2 minutes and just a couple plays. I think that might also be at least part of the reason why our defense seems to be giving up more points this year. Last year's offense really controlled the clock thereby limiting possessions of the opposing team, but this year our running game is too good to do that against most teams unless they have a really good rush defense.

As far as Roehls ridiculous YPC average, what is even more surprising is this is coming from a guy that hasn't played RB since high school before this season. I think with these last few games we are just starting to see him really get the feeling back of being a RB and we could be in for some exciting games to watch. If the offensive line depth fills in next year like it should, Roehl should be one of the early front runners for the Payton.

Anybody want to tackle how many 20+ yard runs there have been this year, as opposed to last year?

BisManBison
11-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Anybody want to tackle how many 20+ yard runs there have been this year, as opposed to last year?

Would lots quantify it sufficiently???:D