PDA

View Full Version : Ndsu Bowl

kab1one
11-05-2007, 11:22 PM
I have pitched this to a couple of people. Here is the thought.

NDSU rent the Metrodome and play a home game in the Metrodome. An NDSU production, versus the poor production put on by U of M athletics.

Bring in UNI.

Sell 30,000 tickets at $30 a piece.

But have it an a recruiting event for NDSU and the state of North Dakota. Have North Dakota Tourism and Economic Development sponsor. Have major corporations from ND sponsor a quarter (versus every other play sponsored by TCF Bank).

Use it as a tool to bring, business, alumni, students to ND and Fargo.

And addition, an opportunity to play a high end football game in front of a large crowd.

Like I said I pitched this to a couple of people, one said its like the NFL going to London. Well not quite, but the same concept.

NDSU, the program, athletic and Dr. Chapman with the school (if you get a chance to listen to him, take the time, it is well worth it with the message he presents), should take it to the next level and really take the program to the alum.

Give me your thoughts.....

Gully
11-05-2007, 11:57 PM
I have pitched this to a couple of people. Here is the thought.

NDSU rent the Metrodome and play a home game in the Metrodome. An NDSU production, versus the poor production put on by U of M athletics.

Bring in UNI.

Sell 30,000 tickets at $30 a piece.

But have it an a recruiting event for NDSU and the state of North Dakota. Have North Dakota Tourism and Economic Development sponsor. Have major corporations from ND sponsor a quarter (versus every other play sponsored by TCF Bank).

Use it as a tool to bring, business, alumni, students to ND and Fargo.

And addition, an opportunity to play a high end football game in front of a large crowd.

Like I said I pitched this to a couple of people, one said its like the NFL going to London. Well not quite, but the same concept.

NDSU, the program, athletic and Dr. Chapman with the school (if you get a chance to listen to him, take the time, it is well worth it with the message he presents), should take it to the next level and really take the program to the alum.

Give me your thoughts.....

I think it's a good idea....I was actually thinking the same thing myself today as I was driving through MN and listening to the UNI call in show.

onbison09
11-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Great idea but the NCAA would never allow it.

coloradobison
11-06-2007, 12:10 AM
UNI also has a national championship to worry about, when would you play this game? Late December? January? NDSU would have had at least a month off by this time.

Gully
11-06-2007, 01:14 AM
Oh....I thought he meant for a game in future years...that's what I was thinking....to play the UNI/NDSU game in the cities each year. Would be good for alumni of both schools.

westriver bison
11-06-2007, 01:55 AM
Oh....I thought he meant for a game in future years...that's what I was thinking....to play the UNI/NDSU game in the cities each year. Would be good for alumni of both schools.

Except for the alumni that live 350 miles west of Fargo:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

kab1one
11-06-2007, 02:34 AM
My thought is in a future year. Schedule one of NDSu's home games in Minneapolis. As for the concern for western ND fans, we already lack home games in fargo, so one of the scheduled road games, play elsewhere.

TheBisonator
11-06-2007, 02:37 AM
I think this kind of thing is definitely allowed. Middle Tennessee State does the same kind of thing in Nashville, I believe. Idaho used to play "home" games at Washington State's Martin Stadium all the time.

The only issue is that the Metrodome will not be used by anyone after this decade is through. And I don't think the Gophers would let that kind of thing happen in their stadium, and I'm not sure about the Vikings and their new stadium.

NDSUFREAK
11-06-2007, 02:39 AM
lets just move on to next year for the playoffs.....not make this one year wait any harder getting hopes up with extra games. Play for this season

Hammerhead
11-06-2007, 03:01 AM
Washington State played one game in Seahawks stadium, which is 285 miles away from campus.

Still, it would be harder to sell advertising in the FFD if you take away one home game.

RodentiaX
11-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Well, playing the "Metrobowl" just isn't going to happen, but it's not a bad idea for a regular season game in future years.

The University of Minnesota doesn't have anything to say about who rents the Metrodome, as they are just tenants until 2009. The dome gets rented all the time, the NSIC has for years rented the Metrodome. The dome will be in operation for at least a few years, depending on when the Vikings get a stadium deal, and where it is located. If it is located on the existing Metrodome site, then obviously the dome wouldn't be available. but if it is placed at another location, the dome would still be available for a number of years.

It might be cheaper to rent out just the lower tier of the Metrodome, although if demand for tickets is over 30K, it might also be worthwhile to rent out all or part of the upper tier. Clean up costs are less if some parts are blocked off.

Gully
11-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Except for the alumni that live 350 miles west of Fargo:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

People still live 350 miles West of Fargo?

TheBisonator
11-06-2007, 10:30 PM
People still live 350 miles West of Fargo?

Will the last person left in Slope County please turn out the lights.