PDA

View Full Version : What are our chances?

4mcruenomore
11-02-2007, 03:21 AM
As a huge football fan, and a some-time BB fan. I've kind of followed the teams the last 2 seasons. BUT, what are our chances in reality against Florida and Rutgers? I know about our upset wins, but I mean this year. Do we have all our "steve walkers" returning this year? I honestly don't know but want to learn and get into it more, what's the scoop.

NDSUstudent
11-02-2007, 03:32 AM
As a huge football fan, and a some-time BB fan. I've kind of followed the teams the last 2 seasons. BUT, what are our chances in reality against Florida and Rutgers? I know about our upset wins, but I mean this year. Do we have all our "steve walkers" returning this year? I honestly don't know but want to learn and get into it more, what's the scoop.

Florida will be tough they lost all of their starters but of course being the two-time defending champs they have had some stacked recruiting classes. As for Rutgers, they are a Big East bottem dweller and we have a good shot at taking them. Some other big games to watch will be NDSU vs Colorado State(Tim Miles returns) and Minnesota(this will be the year to beat the Gophers, Tubby Smith has a good thing going on the recruiting trail).

We do have our "steve walker" back in point gaurd Ben Woodside but lost our "Joe Mays" in power forward Andre Smith. Mike Nelson and Brett Winkleman also return. Woodside, Nelson, and Winkleman all averaged over 15 points a game last year. The team also has no seniors so the future is very bright for next year as well.

4mcruenomore
11-02-2007, 03:40 AM
Thanks for the insight, much appreciated. I only have Midcon full cable, but we had Gator volleyball on the other night, so I'm 90% sure the game will be on here, I'm hoping.....We get all the FSN networks as far as I know.

NDSUstudent
11-02-2007, 03:53 AM
Thanks for the insight, much appreciated. I only have Midcon full cable, but we had Gator volleyball on the other night, so I'm 90% sure the game will be on here, I'm hoping.....We get all the FSN networks as far as I know.

It should be a fun game to watch. I think we'll give them all they want, a win will be tough but after Wisconsin and Marquette I'm never going to say this team can't pull it off.

Gully
11-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Florida will be tough they lost all of their starters but of course being the two-time defending champs they have had some stacked recruiting classes. As for Rutgers, they are a Big East bottem dweller and we have a good shot at taking them. Some other big games to watch will be NDSU vs Colorado State(Tim Miles returns) and Minnesota(this will be the year to beat the Gophers, Tubby Smith has a good thing going on the recruiting trail).

We do have our "steve walker" back in point gaurd Ben Woodside but lost our "Joe Mays" in power forward Andre Smith. Mike Nelson and Brett Winkleman also return. Woodside, Nelson, and Winkleman all averaged over 15 points a game last year. The team also has no seniors so the future is very bright for next year as well.

Do we still have our "Drago"?:D :D

NDSUstudent
11-02-2007, 01:06 PM

Sorry Gully, but I don't think anyone is close to the incomparable Drago.

99Bison
11-04-2007, 03:11 AM

One of the best things about this current crop of Junior year players, is that they play some good basketball. Movement, team defense, etc. Unlike the pro game and many high level college teams where it is dump to star and get out of the way and stand around for everyone else...

Also, no offense to any recent players, but these guys are actually basketball players and not just random athletes... which we seemed to have a high dose of the past 15 years prior to these guys coming in.

In general they are just fun to watch.

NDSUFREAK
11-04-2007, 04:43 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NDSU1980
11-04-2007, 01:06 PM

We still have Drago for basketball. Who knows, he could very easily show up as the half time act. I absolutely loved the You Tube clip.

99Bison
11-04-2007, 04:15 PM
We still have Drago for basketball. Who knows, he could very easily show up as the half time act. I absolutely loved the You Tube clip.

Odds are, he will.

lakesbison
11-04-2007, 08:35 PM
unlike the gopher football game. this florida game might be a rude awakening for our kids.

Im just scared, which is a change for lakesbison.. ha ha

BisonBlogger
11-04-2007, 09:03 PM
I think it's obvious as to the key to the Florida game, it's keeping Speights somewhat under control. He is most likely the best big man this Bison team has ever played. We can't let him go off with like a 25 and 15 game. If we can hold him to something like a 15 and 10 game I feel like the game will be close which will give us a chance.

We have to make it as difficult as we can for Speights and rebound not only his but the rest of the Florida teams misses. If we let this athletic team beat us to rebounds and lose balls it could turn into a long night.

Civil06
11-05-2007, 12:16 AM
unlike the gopher football game. this florida game might be a rude awakening for our kids.

Im just scared, which is a change for lakesbison.. ha ha

I agree with LAKES. I hate to underestimate our guys, but this is FLORIDA! If we can play tough, keep the score respectable and walk out without our heads down, I will consider it a successful season opener. If we won, I'd would be freaking out too much on Saturday to think about deer hunting.

Think about this though - when in the past (besides the last 1.5 seasons) have we thought that it was possible to go play at Florida and not be completely humiliated. It is a great time to be a Bison!

tjbison
11-05-2007, 12:36 AM
I think they can play with the the first half, but the second Florida might pull away I hope not. another ?? anybody know anywhere this game will be shown in Minneapolis?

Mr. Burgundy
11-05-2007, 12:53 AM
There are no moral victories to our Junior Class. They aren't scared of anyone. Can/Will they win? Nobody knows, the effort will be there. They have to be perfect to beat a team with that talent. I can't wait.

tcbison
11-05-2007, 01:26 AM
I think they can play with the the first half, but the second Florida might pull away I hope not. another ?? anybody know anywhere this game will be shown in Minneapolis?

It should be shown at Joe Senser's in Roseville. I would call there on Thursday to confirm because I think it could be blacked out. I will be in Fargo for the Mott-Regent/Napolean football game but I hope to make it back in time for it.

onbison09
11-05-2007, 01:26 AM
Is the Florida game on TV?

NDSUstudent
11-05-2007, 01:32 AM
Is the Florida game on TV?

Yes, the game is on FSN Florida.

EagleBison
11-05-2007, 01:34 AM
Bison athletes play for victories, not moral victories.

Heard the coach on the radio on the way to the ISU game. Said he's been seaching the internet for video's on the 2 McDonald's All-American's that Florida signed. I think they will be ready to give it their best shot.

onbison09
11-05-2007, 02:58 AM
Yes, the game is on FSN Florida.
What time?? On Friday from 6 to 8:30 it shows Thrashers vs. Predators for FSN Florida for DirecTV. Can anyone make sense of this? http://www.sunsportstv.com/schedule_fsn.jhtml?method=displayChoosenSchedule&day=9&month=10

NDSUstudent
11-05-2007, 03:31 AM
What time?? On Friday from 6 to 8:30 it shows Thrashers vs. Predators for FSN Florida for DirecTV. Can anyone make sense of this? http://www.sunsportstv.com/schedule_fsn.jhtml?method=displayChoosenSchedule&day=9&month=10

According to FSN Florida, the only game on is the Gator game...
http://www.fsnflorida.com/schedule_sunsports_gators.jsp

tjbison
11-06-2007, 02:36 AM
It should be shown at Joe Senser's in Roseville. I would call there on Thursday to confirm because I think it could be blacked out. I will be in Fargo for the Mott-Regent/Napolean football game but I hope to make it back in time for it.

Thanks TC!