PDA

View Full Version : Another Sellout!!! Can't wait to Tailgate!!!

Swany
11-02-2007, 12:40 AM
Standing-room tickets remain for NDSU football
Forum staff reports
The Forum - 11/01/2007

For the fifth time in six games, North Dakota State will be selling standing-room only tickets. The Bison ticket office said only a few hundred remained for Saturday’s 4:07 p.m. game against Illinois State.

All reserved seats have been sold at the Fargodome, which carries a capacity of 18,700.

About 4,000 seats are reserved for NDSU students, so a sell out will probably depend on their attendance.

NDSU, ranked sixth in Division I Football Championship Subdivision attendance at 18,148 per game, will set a school record in that category this year. The old mark of 16,377 was set last year.

TheBisonator
11-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Let's pack another 19,000 in the dome on Saturday!!!

WOOOO-HOOOOO!!!!!

Tatanka
11-02-2007, 01:14 AM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/1567843045_l.gif
BRING THE NOISE!!!!1!!!one!!!1!1!!!

IBleedYellow
11-02-2007, 01:34 AM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/1567843045_l.gif
BRING THE NOISE!!!!1!!!one!!!1!1!!!

Rock On!!!

4mcruenomore
11-02-2007, 02:55 AM
I will be there tailgating, can't wait.
If anybody wants to meet, look for the yellow beast.

HerdBot
11-02-2007, 04:05 AM
Why are they so quick to call the game a sell out?? If you can still buy General Admission tickets on the website, it is not a sellout. Are they trying to discourage people from trying to buy tickets? If I wasn't smart enough to visit the gobison.com website to check, I wouldn't have attempted to buy my tickets. Luckily for NDSU I am smarter than the average bear.

imabison
11-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Why are they so quick to call the game a sell out?? If you can still buy General Admission tickets on the website, it is not a sellout. Are they trying to discourage people from trying to buy tickets? If I wasn't smart enough to visit the gobison.com website to check, I wouldn't have attempted to buy my tickets. Luckily for NDSU I am smarter than the average bear.
Help me out, but a sell out is when its 9?% ....Technical terms it is sold out, but its not really sold out.

HerdBot
11-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Help me out, but a sell out is when its 9?% ....Technical terms it is sold out, but its not really sold out.

18,700 is an oficial sellout. They said in The Forum taht they are only selling standing room only and reserved are sold out. Problem is you can still buy general admission tickets so they are clearly not sold out. You can also buy a single reserved ticket. They are probably projecting that the last few hundred GA tickets will sell out easily and they will be able to go to standing room only.

Doesn't it make more sense to announce it as a sellout on Friday so fans TRY to buy the remaining tickets and we sell out all the standing room only and set a new record. Plus we won't have any blue seats.

braveheart
11-02-2007, 01:55 PM
I just bought a GA ticket for someone. Josh said it is not sold out yet. Probably 500-1000 tickets left.

roadwarrior
11-02-2007, 01:57 PM
It wasn't NDSU that called it a sellout, it was the title of this thread that is calling it a sellout. What NDSU said was that reserved tickets were gone and that they were going to sell standing room only tickets.

HerdBot
11-02-2007, 02:02 PM
It wasn't NDSU that called it a sellout, it was the title of this thread that is calling it a sellout. What NDSU said was that reserved tickets were gone and that they were going to sell standing room only tickets.

No it was "The Forum" who has an incorrect headline. It says "Standing room only remain for game." Posters here took that as a sellout. You can still buy GA, Single, and Standing Room Only tickets. That is completely inaccurate.

roadwarrior
11-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Who would imagine the paper would have an incorrect headline ?

BisonBabe
11-02-2007, 02:13 PM
It should be a great final home game. The season is almost over and I want it to start all over again.

BisBison
11-02-2007, 05:00 PM
It should be a great final home game. The season is almost over and I want it to start all over again.

+++ Babe on to the playoffs next year WOHOO:nod: :nod:

Rockbear99
11-02-2007, 05:24 PM
I have a silly question. I got a ticket off gobison and had to get the 'will call'.

Where in the dome is that window, I am not sure.

BisBison
11-02-2007, 05:31 PM
I have a silly question. I got a ticket off gobison and had to get the 'will call'.

Where in the dome is that window, I am not sure.

right by the ticket office windows in the front (east) lobby.

Bisonguy
11-02-2007, 10:32 PM
No it was "The Forum" who has an incorrect headline. It says "Standing room only remain for game." Posters here took that as a sellout. You can still buy GA, Single, and Standing Room Only tickets. That is completely inaccurate.

Actually, the headline reads "Standing-room tickets remain for NDSU football". There is not an "only" in the headline.

The Forum was using figures from the NDSU ticket office, which stated all reserved seating had been sold out, with only general admission and SRO tickets remaining.

met1990
11-03-2007, 02:15 AM
Imagine that. People on a message board making incorrect assumptions about the media.

TheBisonator
11-03-2007, 02:46 AM
A source told me tonight that all GA's are gone, now only selling Standing Room. Also, literally 15-20 single tickets total in the top 2 rows of sections 6 and 23 remain.

02Bison
11-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Do we have some overzealous ticket buyers out there? It seems to me that at a lot of these sellouts that there are still plenty of empty seats on both the East and West stands. When people say they bought 40 tickets, did they actually have 40 people for all these tickets? If you are buying up tickets but not filling all the seats for those tickets you may actually be hurting future attendance as people who may have bought had a decent single game priority ticket been available, won't otherwise buy. Just a thought I've pondered since I've seen bunches of empty seats at these "sellouts".

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
11-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Do we have some overzealous ticket buyers out there? It seems to me that at a lot of these sellouts that there are still plenty of empty seats on both the East and West stands. When people say they bought 40 tickets, did they actually have 40 people for all these tickets? If you are buying up tickets but not filling all the seats for those tickets you may actually be hurting future attendance as people who may have bought had a decent single game priority ticket been available, won't otherwise buy. Just a thought I've pondered since I've seen bunches of empty seats at these "sellouts".

The only empty seats at the sellouts are the season ticket holders that are not using their tickets. Hopefully, with the demand for tickets increasing fans with season tickets will start selling or giving their tickets away.