PDA

View Full Version : Highlight videos for the seniors?

onbison09
10-30-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm a Gopher hockey fan and on the last broadcast of the year they show videos for the seniors. First goal, first win etc. Why couldn't we do that on Saturday? Joe would be easy enough. Walker, Drago likewise. Just a thought.

THEsocalledfan
10-31-2007, 01:59 AM
Gopher hockey fans are not allowed on this board! Only Bulldog hockey fans!

heymch86
10-31-2007, 02:01 AM
how about hockey fans aren't allowed on this board!

hahaha

onbison09
11-01-2007, 01:48 AM
Let me make this clear. I'm a Bison fan in every sport. I happen to like hockey and couldn't bring myself to cheer for the Trucks. Therefore I became a Gipher hockey fan. I still think its a good idea for the highlight videos.

TAILG8R
11-01-2007, 09:24 PM
I think it is a great idea. Hopefully they come through with a little something special for the seniors.

onbison09
11-01-2007, 11:35 PM
I think it is a great idea.
:bow: :bow: :p

SDbison
11-02-2007, 12:58 AM
Let me make this clear. I'm a Bison fan in every sport. I happen to like hockey and couldn't bring myself to cheer for the Trucks. Therefore I became a Gipher hockey fan. I still think its a good idea for the highlight videos.
Just ignore the anti hockey rant on this board. Some of the haters obviously are not talented enough to skate let alone play hockey. Get over it some of you. Just because UND plays the sport doesn't mean you have to hate it.

onbison09
11-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Hockey is f*in awesome live. And the fights.

02Bison
11-02-2007, 10:43 PM
I don't hate hockey. I just hate the seemingly brainless goons who think "fighting" is hockey. If you want to watch a fight, go to a boxing match. Seems all people talk about when they talk hockey now is the fighting. What is it? Is it hockey, or is it fighting? Deep thought for the day.

onbison09
11-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Real hockey fans know that fighting is just a part of the game. I promise you if there was not fighting there would be a lot more injuries from cheap shots etc. Most people can't understand it but sometimes you need a fight to fire up your team or right a "wrong" on the ice. There is an unwritten "code" in hockey and if you break that code you get a fight. Case in point, at the Texas Tornado game last night one of the Tornado guys took a nasty slash. Instead of doing it back and causing injury he dropped the gloves and they threw. The Texas guy "won" and they skated to the penalty box and it was fine. But I see your point. A guy on the Ducks, forget his name, got into like a fight every five games last year. His job was the guy they sent out when something happened. Sports Illustrated figured it out and his pay worked out to like $2,000 per hour of ice time. He fights, guys get up, its over. Most people, including him, realize he wouldn't be in the NHL if he couldn't fight. And don't chalk him up to a brainless goon either. He went to Harvard. If there wasn't fighting you would see a lot of McSorley or Bertuzzi type incidents. Just my take. Maybe someone can explain this better.

Tatanka
11-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Real hockey fans know that fighting is just a part of the game. I promise you if there was not fighting there would be a lot more injuries from cheap shots etc. Most people can't understand it but sometimes you need a fight to fire up your team or right a "wrong" on the ice. There is an unwritten "code" in hockey and if you break that code you get a fight. Case in point, at the Texas Tornado game last night one of the Tornado guys took a nasty slash. Instead of doing it back and causing injury he dropped the gloves and they threw. The Texas guy "won" and they skated to the penalty box and it was fine. But I see your point. A guy on the Ducks, forget his name, got into like a fight every five games last year. His job was the guy they sent out when something happened. Sports Illustrated figured it out and his pay worked out to like $2,000 per hour of ice time. He fights, guys get up, its over. Most people, including him, realize he wouldn't be in the NHL if he couldn't fight. And don't chalk him up to a brainless goon either. He went to Harvard. If there wasn't fighting you would see a lot of McSorley or Bertuzzi type incidents. Just my take. Maybe someone can explain this better.
Nope, you did just fine!