PDA

View Full Version : Florida game on Midcon cable

westriver bison
10-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Just heard on the Dan Hammer show the game against Florida will be shown live on Midcon cable in ND, SD, and Minn. Tape delay on FSN. Good news for Bison fans. Fargo fans will have to leave the city to watch live, could be a good night for a road trip to Cassleton.

http://www.midcocomm.com/LatestNews/NewsDetail40.cfm?Id=0,103

Midcontinent Communications and NDSU have reached an agreement to air the NDSU vs. Florida Gators basketball game live on the Midcontinent Network.

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. –Midcontinent Communications has reached agreement with FSN North to televise the upcoming NDSU Men’s Basketball game with the defending National Champions, the Florida Gators. The game will be aired live on Friday, November 9th beginning at 7:00pm CST and will be broadcast on Midcontinent Cable systems in South Dakota, North Dakota and Minnesota.

Tom Simmons, Senior Vice President of Public Policy for Midcontinent Communications noted, “We’re really making an effort to broadcast local teams that are important to our customers.” Simmons went on to say, “Using our own channel gives us the unique ability to make partnerships happen like this one with FSN. Many of our own Midcontinent employees are fans, and we want to do what we can to provide all the action as it happens live.”

The broadcast, which will originate from FSN Florida, will allow for live coverage of the game. A tape delayed version of the game will follow the live airing at 10:30pm on FSN North. Mike Dimond, Vice President and General Manager of FSN North, said that “Midcontinent is a great partner of ours and we’re happy to work with them to make this game available.” Additionally, FSN North will air the Bison game vs. Colorado State on December 15, live at 1:00pm CST.

For a complete list of Midcontinent cities and channel numbers where the game will be aired, visit our website at www.midcocomm.com.

Midcontinent Communications, a subsidiary of Midcontinent Media, Inc. is the Upper Midwest’s leading provider of cable television, local and long distance telephone service, high-speed Internet access, and cable advertising services to communities in North and South Dakota, and Western Minnesota. Midcontinent’s service area includes over 200 communities serving over 200,000 customers. For more information, please visit our website at www.midcocomm.com.

Contact: W. Tom Simmons, Midcontinent Communications, Senior Vice President of Public Policy, 605-357-5491 or 605-201-2353 (cell) or email Tom_Simmons@mmi.net

99Bison
10-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Awesome, now what channel is that in CA?

TAILG8R
10-30-2007, 08:03 PM
I wonder if Hagge's bar in Mapleton has Mid Continent Cable. That would be a nice place to go watch the Bison beat the Gators!

Anybody have any other ideas of bars in small towns near enough to Fargo to have some sort of viewing party?

roadwarrior
10-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Look for locations here:

http://www.midcocomm.com/AboutMidcontinent/ServiceAreasMap/Index.cfm

TheBisonator
10-31-2007, 12:31 AM
Will the game be on any bars in the FM area??

Mr. Burgundy
10-31-2007, 12:37 AM
I have that. Nice. Might have a house full that night.

BisBison
10-31-2007, 03:32 AM
This is so sweet. Maybe the Fargo folk need to come out west to watch the game. We'll fire up the grill at the Elbow Room, it'll be rockin.:cheers: :cheers:

NDSUstudent
10-31-2007, 03:53 AM
Will the game be on any bars in the FM area??

The game is on FSN Florida so any bar with the Direct TV sportspack shoud get the game.

bisonhusker
11-05-2007, 07:02 PM
I just called Mid Con and they weren't aware of the game being on, so I found this thread and called the guy direct on his cell # and he is getting back to me. I will post my findings.

bisonhusker
11-05-2007, 07:11 PM
NICE!!!! We have the game. Channel 23 on Mid Con is going to carry the game on Friday night at 7PM. I called the guy who is listed previously on the thread. He asked that I "spread the word." Now I can officially be pumped about the game!!!! Should be fun!!!!!

badger04
11-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Time to put pressure on Cable One.