PDA

View Full Version : BB attendance

Gully
10-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Ok, BB attendance suffered through the transition because it was very difficult to schedule. I would expect us to get to the point where we're averaging 4,000+ now that we'll have a consistent schedule year over year. The question is how quickly will this happen? I expect to see some improvement this year but it will probably take a few.

Oh and a new arena wouldn't hurt either.

99Bison
10-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Ok, BB attendance suffered through the transition because it was very difficult to schedule. I would expect us to get to the point where we're averaging 4,000+ now that we'll have a consistent schedule year over year. The question is how quickly will this happen? I expect to see some improvement this year but it will probably take a few.

Oh and a new arena wouldn't hurt either.

What was last years?

I am thinking 2008-2009 season could approach 4k.

TAILG8R
10-30-2007, 08:06 PM
ATTENDANCE SUMMARY GAMES TOTALS AVG/GAME
HOME.................... 14 36745 2625

I hope we could push an average of 3500.

We have one big game to up attendance like last year.
Kansas St attendance - 6110 last year

BisonVifte
10-30-2007, 08:39 PM
Thursday games might keep some out of town people from attending.

TheBisonator
10-31-2007, 12:28 AM
I think we'll see at least an avg. of 3,000 this year, and it could go up close to 4,000 if we're doing really good.

Even with a mediocre team we won't have trouble averaging 3,000 because we have a consistent home schedule.

I plan on going to every regular season and exhibition home game except for the Minot State and Mayville state games, because we should not be playing those teams at all. It is EMBARRASSING for us to be playing those schools. If we would've scheduled Mary, I'd be fine with going.

TAILG8R
10-31-2007, 04:24 PM
Thursday games might keep some out of town people from attending.

That's definitely true, but it could also help the attendance from those in town. My parents have had season Basketball for 20 years or so and they miss having the set schedule of having the games on certain nights each week. I remember as a kid knowing every Thur. or every Tues. etc was Bison Basketball night. With all the games on the weekend if you go out of town for the weekend you miss those games.

Just my two cents.

Boy
10-31-2007, 06:04 PM
I think we'll see at least an avg. of 3,000 this year, and it could go up close to 4,000 if we're doing really good.

Even with a mediocre team we won't have trouble averaging 3,000 because we have a consistent home schedule.

I plan on going to every regular season and exhibition home game except for the Minot State and Mayville state games, because we should not be playing those teams at all. It is EMBARRASSING for us to be playing those schools. If we would've scheduled Mary, I'd be fine with going.

I would buy those games if you want to sell them!

tjbison
11-01-2007, 02:04 AM

I do not agree with these games either, but just like football you need home games. Could these be left over from Miles influence??

BisBison
11-01-2007, 04:09 AM
I do not agree with these games either, but just like football you need home games. Could these be left over from Miles influence??

No these could be left over from the TRANSITION influence.....:ranting: :ranting: We just now got into a conference for crying out loud have an ounce of patience. DAMN.

silkamilkamonico
11-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Why is everyone so concerned about those 2 games?

Most Division 1 teams play D2 teams as conference leadup games.

Why would you guys actually want to have 2 less games then games like Mayville St. and Minot St?

Any games are good for the players, especially the young ones.

mn_bison_
11-01-2007, 07:53 PM

Why would you guys actually want to have 2 less games then games like Mayville St. and Minot St?

They can also be used to try different personel combinations...

TheBisonator
11-02-2007, 03:43 AM

Because I didn't support the DI move by buying a crapload of merchandise and spending my own money following the teams on the road over the past 4 years just so we can play Minot State and Mayville State. It's an insult.

Division II teams are fine with me if we only play a couple in the reg. season. NAIA is NOT COOL.

NDSUstudent
11-02-2007, 03:57 AM
Because I didn't support the DI move by buying a crapload of merchandise and spending my own money following the teams on the road over the past 4 years just so we can play Minot State and Mayville State. It's an insult.

Division II teams are fine with me if we only play a couple in the reg. season. NAIA is NOT COOL.

I don't mind Mayville(we have some history with them) but I do agree that Minot State is overkill. I'll still go to the games but hopefully Saul can limit the non-DI's to just one a year and two in exhibition play. With USD and UND moving to DI that should reduce the need for playing them anyway.

02Bison
11-02-2007, 04:44 AM
I don't mind Mayville(we have some history with them) but I do agree that Minot State is overkill. I'll still go to the games but hopefully Saul can limit the non-DI's to just one a year and two in exhibition play. With USD and UND moving to DI that should reduce the need for playing them anyway.

How about everyone stops bitching about stuff and starts focusing more energy on cheering on the Herd. This whole board has seemed to deviate from a focus on the field to a focus of off the field things. What matters most is supporting the teams on the field/court!

silkamilkamonico
11-02-2007, 02:51 PM

Well, that would be your problem then, unfortunately.

I would rather the Bison had those 2 games then no games at all. It gives the players a chance to work on some things and possibly gives the younger ones.

2 games on a 25+ game basketball slate isn't a big deal to me, and I like the fact that were not taking the Brewster approach about who were playing.

BisonBabe
11-02-2007, 02:57 PM
How about everyone stops bitching about stuff and starts focusing more energy on cheering on the Herd. This whole board has seemed to deviate from a focus on the field to a focus of off the field things. What matters most is supporting the teams on the field/court!

Well, that would be your problem then, unfortunately.

I would rather the Bison had those 2 games then no games at all. It gives the players a chance to work on some things and possibly gives the younger ones.

2 games on a 25+ game basketball slate isn't a big deal to me, and I like the fact that were not taking the Brewster approach about who were playing.

Well said guys.

tjbison
11-03-2007, 08:47 AM
No these could be left over from the TRANSITION influence.....:ranting: :ranting: We just now got into a conference for crying out loud have an ounce of patience. DAMN.

Sorry didn't mean to ruffle feathers:paperbag: I am happy with the conference but also don't understand why a team that has played some big schools and won ( I know its not like we won the NC) is still playing these sort of teams?? I love to see the Bison programs excel at the Highest Level, but i think there should be a bigger game than MSU-Moorhead before the 2 time National Champ, University of Florida Gators!! right?? :hide: I would much rather see some MVC or BSC schools than 4 Lower Division schools!

sambini
11-03-2007, 09:00 AM
Well said guys.
Lets enjoy this and the upcoming seasons. Well said folks+++++++++++++

DIGRAPPLER
11-05-2007, 01:16 AM
Well said guys.

AMEN. This site is way too negative for me tonight. I was pumped before I jumped on!