PDA

View Full Version : Walker's final home game

bisonmike2
10-30-2007, 04:06 PM
It just occured to me that this Saturday will be the last time Walker will step onto the FargoDome turf as NDSU's starting QB. What a ride it's been. I'd like people to use this thread to post some of the best memories they have of Walkers performances in the Dome. Have we been lucky to have him around or what?

TAILG8R
10-30-2007, 04:08 PM
For me it has to be the last few plays against SHSU. No question. I have never heard the dome so loud!!

You Tube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=oTx__3AIusw)

BisonBabe
10-30-2007, 04:09 PM
I like the fact that the game is not over until Walker leaves the field. So many left early when we played Sam Houston thinking we had lost the game. Missed out on great plays by the Offense.

TAILG8R
10-30-2007, 04:11 PM
My favorite part about the broadcast of the SHSU game is when they go to the sideline reporter and then have to quickly switch cameras because he is celebrating.

bisonmike2
10-30-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm so used to seeing a line like, 20-25 250yds 2 TD 0 picks. Just unreal consistency.

aces1180
10-30-2007, 04:16 PM
I'll never forget when Walker came off the bench against Northern Colorado and almost led the Herd to a come-back win in his first game.

roadwarrior
10-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Steve's first memorable game wasn't at the dome, but was at Northern Colorado. That was an awesome performance for the final quarter or so. He almost rescued that game from the Bears.

Civil06
10-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Favorite Walker memory was last year against the Jacks. Fakes the handoff, fakes the reverse - then calmly walks toward the opposite end zone with the ball hidden from the Jacks' D. After what seemed like forever (since I could see from the stands that he had the ball) he turns around and throws the bomb for a touchdown. It didn't even look like he spotted a receiver, he just knew if he threw it far somebody would catch it (I think it was Heckendorf). That game felt like destiny with the Walker bomb, the Travis White punt return and the Justin Frick sack.

markerman
10-30-2007, 04:55 PM
I'll never forget when Walker came off the bench against Northern Colorado and almost led the Herd to a come-back win in his first game.

I agree. I was sitting in a bar in Boston watching this very depressing game, and the freshman comes in and was nearly perfect. I knew at that point we had someone special.

tony
10-30-2007, 05:06 PM
My favorite play from Walker at the Dome (so far) was the fake handoff against SDSU last year - the one where he just stood with his back to the line of scrimmage for a bit and then turned around and threw a 40+ yard TD strike to Heckendorf. OK, it's a tie because the TD pass to Heckendorf against SHSU with almost no time left was pretty sweet too.

aces1180
10-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Let's also not forgot about the UC Davis comeback last year as well. What great leadership!

Gully
10-30-2007, 05:30 PM
It's weird how fast time goes by, I remember watching that NC game thinking he was going to be our QB forever. I also thought 5 years would take forever to go by and here we are already, almost through the probation period.:) :)

aces1180
10-30-2007, 05:37 PM
I keep thinking of other performances that stand out....

The game at Southern Illinois where Steve hurt his knee...Even though it wasn't a positive at the time, I think he came back stronger and more mentally tough.

Just recovering from torn ligaments is difficult, but to excel at a higher level is even that more impressive.

I also remember when I was a GA with the Sports Information Department in 2003 and my buddy, who at the time was a training GA for football, said Walker was going to be something special. I always remembered him saying that, but had no idea he would be so dead on.

I'm sure glad he was.

No_Skill
10-30-2007, 05:41 PM
The Dome is going to go nuts when his name is announced on Saturday. I can't wait!!!!

IL_Bison
10-30-2007, 05:42 PM
The 2 Minnesota games stand out to me. Some of the passes he completed showed unreal accuracy and were pretty big gambles as well. He took some big hits a week ago Saturday and hung in there. The whole senior class is commended for believing in the program going through transition with no hope for postseason. I hope Saturday is a fitting sendoff for all the seniors.

cbline
10-30-2007, 05:46 PM
I don't have a specific memory to bring up, since the rest of you have done so well with those already. The first thing that I thought of was Steve's uncanny ability to lead the Two-Minute drill at the end of the first half or the end of a game. I am sure the exact number of instances is out there somewhere, but NDSU's ability to score late is amazing.

OldBison
10-30-2007, 06:00 PM
My favorite Walker play was when he took a knee at the end of the Minnesota game two weeks ago after he once again engineered a masterful peformance against a team we weren't supposed to beat. He was 20-25 approx 192 yds passing and a TD. His game transcends mere statistics.

NDSUstudent
10-30-2007, 06:08 PM
My Favorite Walker....

Game-Ball State
Drive-Final drive against UCD last year.
Play-PA bomb against the Jacks last year.

bisonmike2
10-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Since this got expanded to road games as well I'm going to say I enjoyed watching his performance in the Ball St game. School record or yards and he ran the offense like a machine.

tjbison
10-30-2007, 07:11 PM
I have enjoyed every play of every game Walker and all the seniors have played in, Too many great memories to talk about:)

Bison bison
10-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Favorite memory.

Walker mouthing 'Holy Sh%t' after the UCD comeback last year.

bisongirl
10-30-2007, 07:36 PM
UC Davis stands out for the road games for me because we were there watching it in person! The Minnesota game this year was great too, we had a blast in the Metrodome, and for home games it has to be SHSU this year!

NDSUFan_Sav
10-30-2007, 07:48 PM
I have to say this year against SHSU...that drive he was sooo calm and his passes were right online with Kole....

My best memory of Walker would have to be him coming to NDSU and not going to another college. We were very lucky to have a QB like this come to NDSU, He knows how to manage the game very well and it shows by his stats. He is also very consistent as well. :) :)

Also, lets get this dome sold out for the seniors last game as a Bison and having them realize they can't play in post-season play due to our transition....lets really show them the respect for being a bison and having our program to where it should be #1.:nod: :nod: :nod:

onbison09
10-30-2007, 11:00 PM
This is kinda cool. http://youtube.com/watch?v=BKqnr6yKIxQ I don't know what I can say about Walker that hasn't been said. I never worry when he's on the field. He has icewater in his veins.

HerdBot
10-31-2007, 03:09 AM
It just occured to me that this Saturday will be the last time Walker will step onto the FargoDome turf as NDSU's starting QB. What a ride it's been. I'd like people to use this thread to post some of the best memories they have of Walkers performances in the Dome. Have we been lucky to have him around or what?

Last home game for Mays, Drago, and Majeske too. This kind of sucks. If this game doesn't sell out we should be extremely disapointed. Be sure to make the 2-1/2 hour drive to Brookings to see them all play one last time!

IBleedYellow
10-31-2007, 04:23 AM
I just love this guy as the QB to lead the Bison. Going to miss him, indeed.

99Bison
10-31-2007, 04:31 AM
- Walker's first game the Northern Colorado comeback attempt - on TV.
- UCD comeback - in person.
- SHSU game and final drive in dome.

Honorable mention:
- All starts of freshman year, "all this guy does is throw touchdowns."
- All the pure execution moments and games.
- Efficiency ratings.

HerdBot
10-31-2007, 04:37 AM
Well it looks like it will be a challenge if you want to watch the last home game in person. The only pair of tickets you can order on the website are GENERAL ADMISSION!

Priority Sideline - Sold out
Sideline Reserved - Single Tickets Only (2 sections completely sold out)
Endzone Reserved - Single Tickets Only
Visitor Seating - Single Tickets Only

I suggest calling the 231-NDSU number because once the website said you couldn't get a pair and I called in and they got me a pair. If general admission sell out, i think you can get them at Stop N Go too. Sometimes open up a few more and you may be able to get standing room only tickets too. This is going to be cool!

Now if the rich people could give their tickets away instead of wasting them we're in business!