PDA

View Full Version : Gpi 10/29

fargocyclone
10-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Looking at all the components that make up the GPI, UMass is catching up to us very quickly. Everything except the Dwiggins is updated putting us just .55 ahead of Mass and a whole 1.25 behind UNI. With their near escape over YSU, I thought they would lose points instead of gain them.

extremerouge
10-29-2007, 08:28 PM
wow rep points for you figuring all that out!

so we are losing ground???

fargocyclone
10-29-2007, 08:32 PM
wow rep points for you figuring all that out!

so we are losing ground???

Sadly...yes

X-Factor
10-29-2007, 09:01 PM
goes GPI calculate rankings based in part by margin of victory? I thought at least most of the components didn't, but??? This may explain why UNI gained and we didn't.

But what could help NDSU out is if Central Michigan continues to do well and wins the MAC like they are projected to.

onbison09
10-29-2007, 11:05 PM
I say we go undefeated and to hell with all the pollsters.

KC Bison
10-29-2007, 11:38 PM
The problem we will have is that our season will end after the SDSU game while some other team will go on to win 3 more games after we are done. I suppose the best we could hope for is to be #1 at the end of the regular season and then end up second when the tournament is done.

No_Skill
10-29-2007, 11:57 PM
Unless UNI loses we will not finish #1 in the GPI, the AGS, or the Sports Network polls at the end of the regular season.

Even if we blow out Illinois St., Cal Poly, and SDSU by 30-40 points each. It won't happen.

X-Factor
10-29-2007, 11:58 PM
This year seems as though there is a large number of undefeated teams and one loss teams. More than usual, although there is still 3 games to go so that may chance but it looks unlikely barring some major upset. Out of the power conferences you have undefeated teams in Montana, Northern Iowa, North Dakota State, and McNeese. There are others, but of lesser schedule strength.

imported_Bisongold
10-30-2007, 01:21 AM
We have 2 tough away games to go. Keep on task. These games are all we have control over so quit the speculation. Stay on task.

semobison
10-30-2007, 01:31 AM
We have 2 tough away games to go. Keep on task. These games are all we have control over so quit the speculation. Stay on task.

Good post, I agree! Lets beat Illinois State this week!

fargocyclone
10-30-2007, 04:09 AM

Either way...Go Missouri State, Indiana State, and Southern Utah!!!

jeffdaryl3rd
10-30-2007, 04:46 AM

I don't believe any of us here are calling any plays or taking any snaps, so I'll speculate all I want. I desperately want UNI to lose a game before the end of the regular season so we can get that #1 ranking across the board going into the playoffs. Maybe it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I think it would be a great statement for our program.

PantherHawk
10-30-2007, 11:18 AM
I don't believe any of us here are calling any plays or taking any snaps, so I'll speculate all I want. I desperately want UNI to lose a game before the end of the regular season so we can get that #1 ranking across the board going into the playoffs. Maybe it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I think it would be a great statement for our program.

"Desperate?"

AJ
10-30-2007, 08:53 PM
It's up now. Still @ 2 about .63 ahead of UMASS

PantherHawk
10-30-2007, 09:46 PM
It's up now. Still @ 2 about .63 ahead of UMASS

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=88635

CaBisonFan
10-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Looking at all the components that make up the GPI, UMass is catching up to us very quickly. Everything except the Dwiggins is updated putting us just .55 ahead of Mass and a whole 1.25 behind UNI. With their near escape over YSU, I thought they would lose points instead of gain them.

Good post. As others have written on different threads, I think that we're stuck in a political bind. If we win out, there will probably be people (including coaches) that simply won't want us to be at the top. Whether deliberate or not, the subliminal message will be to give others the edge.

It seems like our early success has become a bit of a problem for some of the voters out there...but in fairness, UNI has earned where they are...even with the tough game last weekend. I'm not happy about it...but it seems like we're going to be stuck if they don't lose.

I'm probably not as concerned about this weekend as I should be. Cal Poly scares me a little bit. SDSU scares me a LOT. There's something about playing in Brookings that doesn't always bring out the best in the Bison. It's been that way for many years. Even some of our really great D2 teams struggled there once in a while.

As much as I want the #1 finish...badly...it looks like we're in an uphill battle.

I thought that Sam Houston would have a better season. Too bad they didn't. We need some of our former opponents to finish strong. And we need to keep our eye on the ball...which is to play ball the way the Bison can.

This team will know how to finish the season properly.

I already sense some resentment from the FCS world toward the Bison. It's like, "How can a team get so good so quickly?"

We weren't supposed to be this good I guess.

I could be totally wrong, but it seems like messing with Montana's formula isn't good politics. They carry a big stick in the FCS politically.

The statements from Bohl, even though I don't blame him, probably didn't help us. No one's perfect. I don't blame him for saying what he did. After five years of this BS...I'd be more upset than he is. Very few FCS teams have had to endure this length of purgatory. The NCAA is like the mafia.

westriver bison
10-30-2007, 10:38 PM
We weren't supposed to be this good I guess.

Nice problem to have:)