PDA

View Full Version : Bison - Sioux Challenge

GrebdNodak
10-29-2007, 06:32 PM
No playoffs?

No bowl game?

How about filling the Fargodome for a Bison - Sioux challenge?

UND will likely be in the playoffs beginning in a few weeks. How about when they are done, NDSU lays down a challenge. It would fill both the Fargodome and the Alerus a couple of times over!

Bisonfan1
10-29-2007, 06:34 PM
No Thank You !!

heckler
10-29-2007, 06:36 PM
Y not have our own bowl game here? Invite a FCS team that didnt make the playoffs in or some FBS team that just missed a bowl game?

Bison bison
10-29-2007, 06:38 PM
The NCAA won't allow it.

NOTOM
10-29-2007, 06:39 PM
If You Want A Challenge Game. Challenge The Fcs Champion To A Game, Then We Will Have A Clear Cut No. 1 Team In The Fcs.

met1990
10-29-2007, 06:42 PM
On behalf of NDSU, I formally challenge the Minnesota Vikings to a game.

99Bison
10-29-2007, 06:46 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NDSUstudent
10-29-2007, 06:49 PM
The only UND NDSU could challange would be Norte Dame and I doubt they would want to add yet another loss to their already embarrassing season.

BisonBabe
10-29-2007, 06:51 PM

+++++++++++++++++

WYOBISONMAN
10-29-2007, 07:17 PM
No playoffs?

No bowl game?

UND will likely be in the playoffs beginning in a few weeks. How about when they are done, NDSU lays down a challenge. It would fill both the Fargodome and the Alerus a couple of times over!

No thanks......

UTH
10-29-2007, 07:21 PM
The Nickel game has already been played this year. To the best of my knowledge, it didn't even make the paper. If they play it again, how is it going to fill the FFD?

Da_Bison
10-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Why the hell would we EVER consider a so called "challenge" the souix game, that'd be like Ohio state saying we challenge Montana to a game. Montana is to FCS "this year" as the sioux are to D2, top ten and WON'T bring home the hardware team. Wrong choice of words with that "challenge" word. If both teams played there A game it would be a 40 point Bison win. A challenge game for the Bison would be more like us playing Wisconsin.

roadwarrior
10-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Another proposal to break the NCAA rules! :banghead: :banghead:

roadwarrior
10-29-2007, 07:40 PM
The Nickel game has already been played this year. To the best of my knowledge, it didn't even make the paper. If they play it again, how is it going to fill the FFD?

It did make television though, and the Bison won!

NDSUFREAK
10-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Another proposal to break the NCAA rules! :banghead: :banghead:
agreed....

KC Bison
10-30-2007, 12:08 AM
The heck with the Sue. No more games with the sue ever.

imported_Bisongold
10-30-2007, 01:18 AM
Close this rediculous thread!!

semobison
10-30-2007, 01:38 AM
People have been coming up with some crazy ideas this week. Not much discussion about Ilinois State.

CaBisonFan
10-30-2007, 02:22 AM

It wouldn't be fair to the Vikings.

WYOBISONMAN
10-30-2007, 02:29 AM
It wouldn't be fair to the Vikings.

Ugh!! That is the truth......

CaBisonFan
10-30-2007, 02:30 AM
No playoffs?

No bowl game?

If the Sioux community acknowledged that they canceled the competition and that they put the rivalry where it is today...if they apologized...if they gave our football program some respect...if they explained where their conferences were when they announced the move up (as they so boldly said they would, as opposed to NDSU's folly)...and if I felt a hard wind sucking from the north...

...I'd have to say...

..."no."

But as for the future, meaning when the Sioux are finished with their five-year purgatory, then my criteria...if met...would be fulfilled.

Until such time...no dice.

Good post. Creative idea.

PS - This is one bitter former fan of Sioux hockey & basketball.

EagleBison
10-30-2007, 12:43 PM
No playoffs?

No bowl game?

Not tonight, I got a headache. :(

FarSouth Bison
10-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Some people just can't leave this Bison-Sue thing alone, whats with you people. My wish would be that all this talk about the two stop.

tjbison
10-30-2007, 06:10 PM
:banghead: The Bison-Sioux talk is really getting OLD!! How about the Redbird Challenge, and our Seniors LAST HOME GAME this Saturday!!!!

heckler
10-30-2007, 06:14 PM
:banghead: The Bison-Sioux talk is really getting OLD!! How about the Redbird Challenge, and our Seniors LAST HOME GAME this Saturday!!!!

Yes it is getting old but that is why they have different topics in this forum. If you don't want to talk about it then don't... it will go away if no one replies.

GrebdNodak
10-30-2007, 08:51 PM
As the originator of this thread, and as a Bison FB fan for more than 40 years (that also means as a Sioucks hater for the same period of time), I think this idea deserves consideration.

Yes, they dumped on us when we were in transition.

Yes, they are suffering now (same transition junk).

Yes, they will continue to suffer (when the NCC is dead and gone).

Yes, they will continue to suffer (kissing the b-hinds of the tribes).

But it would be fun to get that hatred rolling again. I find myself not disliking those arrogant jerks, and that's just not healthy.

THEsocalledfan
10-30-2007, 09:01 PM
The thing I keep chuckling about is that on this board, it tracks the views. One mention of the bad guys up North, the views go way up. If you don't believe me, check it out.

And some try to say the rivalry is dead.....

BlueBisonRock
10-30-2007, 09:08 PM
As the originator of this thread, and as a Bison FB fan for more than 40 years (that also means as a Sioucks hater for the same period of time), I think this idea deserves consideration.

Yes, they dumped on us when we were in transition.

Yes, they are suffering now (same transition junk).

Yes, they will continue to suffer (when the NCC is dead and gone).

Yes, they will continue to suffer (kissing the b-hinds of the tribes).

But it would be fun to get that hatred rolling again. I find myself not disliking those arrogant jerks, and that's just not healthy.

This may be a 'generation' thing. My Bison days also go back a ways also. Frankly, there was nothing better than spanking the Sioux. I can get past the dumping as that was an administration decision. I am finding it to be much harder to get past looking my brother in the eye and reminding him of who won the game. Not next year, but someday . . .

BisManBison
10-31-2007, 02:17 AM
As long as we can keep scheduling the Minnesota's and the Iowa States of the world, why would we ever put the Sioux on the schedule? I mean seriously, for those of you that go back a ways in the Sioux rivalry such as me (1988), can you honestly say you'd rather play UND than Minnesota? Granted, I would get excited for the Sioux game the week of the game, but the Gophers game, I was looking forward to that game all year!

NDSUstudent
10-31-2007, 02:26 AM
I think we should play UND again but just not until 2009.

Tatanka
10-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Pass.

That is all.