PDA

View Full Version : Dreamers Allowed

CaBisonFan
10-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Dreamers are allowed on this board. Mudra, Erhardt, Chapman, & Taylor all dreamt of a greater future for the Bison.

It would seem that dreaming is required 'before' big goals can be set, then worked on, and then achieved.

Thank God for the dreamers.

If someone here has a dream of the Bison getting to a bowl game, is there really a problem with it?

There 'is' a smaller bowl game down in San Diego where Navy invites an at-large team to play. Hell, they could invite Mayville State if they wanted. There are no restrictions. I can't recall the name of the bowl. A friend of mine goes every year, being a Navy man.

So what some of you are saying is that if this bowl invited the Bison, we should decline a chance to play in Qualcomm stadium on about the 28th of December. After all, San Diego is really a dive. We'd all hate it. (Actually, it's my favorite city in the US. It's beyond beautiful.)

Does anyone remember a day when FCS teams weren't allowed to be ranked in the top 25? Or do we all have such short memories?

There is negativism...and there is realism. Then there are the dreamers. Einstein, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin were dreamers. What a bunch of losers.

How about if we cut the dreamers a little bit of slack?

Bison bison
10-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Yes, there are restrictions.

In order for a member institution to participate in a bowl game it must be sanctioned (NCAA Bylaws 18.02.4) and the team have 6 wins against FBS opponents and more wins than losses (NCAA Bylaws 30.9.2).

NDSU is a member of the NCAA and the Poinsettia Bowl is sanctioned by the NCAA.

The Bison will not be bowling this year.

tcbison
10-29-2007, 03:32 PM
What a bunch of losers.

Who are you calling losers? This is a message board where we can discuss things NDSU related. I don't think we need to be calling people losers IMHO.

heckler
10-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Who are you calling losers? This is a message board where we can discuss things NDSU related. I don't think we need to be calling people losers IMHO.

Whoa... maybe he was being sarcastic and calling Einstein and Franklin losers and was actually stating that dreamers are not losers at all but actually visionaries of the future.

Just a bit defensive there??

UTH
10-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Oh boy. :rolleyes: The eBowla Virus has infected another thread.

heckler
10-29-2007, 03:46 PM

+++ classic...:nod:

Mr_Meanor
10-29-2007, 03:46 PM
First off...I want to say NDSU is not going to a bowl. There are restrictions and NDSU does not have the 6 wins against FBS teams which the bison don't have. Secondly, I have no problem with people dreaming but at the same time they should get the facts stright and know the rules of college football before making stupid claims. There was a thread the other day about NDSU having alot of haters....I think part of this is because we have fans talking about going to a bowl game which isn't possible. Alot of people on this board have gotten really cocky and I think thats a reason for alot of the hateing on NDSU.

NDSUguy
10-29-2007, 03:48 PM
First off...I want to say NDSU is not going to a bowl. There are restrictions and NDSU does not have the 6 wins against FBS teams which the bison don't have. Secondly, I have no problem with people dreaming but at the same time they should get the facts stright and know the rules of college football before making stupid claims. There was a thread the other day about NDSU having alot of haters....I think part of this is because we have fans talking about going to a bowl game which isn't possible. Alot of people on this board have gotten really cocky and I think thats a reason for alot of the hateing on NDSU.

+++++++++++

braveheart
10-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Who are you calling losers? This is a message board where we can discuss things NDSU related. I don't think we need to be calling people losers IMHO.Shoes a little tight there buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

met1990
10-29-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm dreaming about some nachoes right about now.

tcbison
10-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Whoa... maybe he was being sarcastic and calling Einstein and Franklin losers and was actually stating that dreamers are not losers at all but actually visionaries of the future.

I guess that is not the way I read it but that could be right. I hope that is the case. It looked like to me that his post was calling everyone that doesn't agree with him(nondreamers) a loser. IF and I emphasize IF that is the case there is no need for that. That is why I asked the question.
I haven't posted in the whole Bowl thread so I don't have a reason to be defensive.

99Bison
10-29-2007, 04:21 PM
I guess that is not the way I read it but that could be right. I hope that is the case. It looked like to me that his post was calling everyone that doesn't agree with him(nondreamers) a loser. IF and I emphasize IF that is the case there is no need for that. That is why I asked the question.
I haven't posted in the whole Bowl thread so I don't have a reason to be defensive.

Ah yeah, it was sarcastic.

BisonBabe
10-29-2007, 05:13 PM
There is a differance in Dreaming and being realistic. We can dream about playing after November 17th but is it realistic?

silkamilkamonico
10-29-2007, 05:13 PM
Yes, there are restrictions.

In order for a member institution to participate in a bowl game it must be sanctioned (NCAA Bylaws 18.02.4) and the team have 6 wins against FBS opponents and more wins than losses (NCAA Bylaws 30.9.2).

NDSU is a member of the NCAA and the Poinsettia Bowl is sanctioned by the NCAA.

The Bison will not be bowling this year.

Good post.

The dreamers can dream all they want, but the fact is NDSU cannot go to a bowl game this year.

I'm also not sure what the thread starter is saying about Navy having their own bowl games.

2006 Meineke Car Care Bowl losing to Boston College
2005 Poinsettia Bowl beating Colorado Stat
2004 beat New Mexico in the Emerald Bowl

I think he's talking about the Hawaii Bowl, which is in affiliiation with the University of Hawaii, the WAC and Conference USA. Hawaii always plays in it but they don't get to choose their opponent.

braveheart
10-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Good post.

The dreamers can dream all they want, but the fact is NDSU cannot go to a bowl game this year.

I'm also not sure what the thread starter is saying about Navy having their own bowl games.

I think he's talking about the Hawaii Bowl, which is in affiliiation with the University of Hawaii, the WAC and Conference USA. Hawaii always plays in it but they don't get to choose their opponent.In reference to the first part of this quote, Bucky Maughan used to teach(supervise was a better description) bowling at NDSU. And also is the comment of yours "There is no bowling in NDSU FB the same as There is no crying in Baseball!:D :D :D :D :D

No_Skill
10-29-2007, 05:31 PM

So the main reason you want all the Bowl talk to stop is so everyone won't hate us? Is this High School?

All people are doing is talking, fact finding, and exploring our options. What's wrong with that?

Mr_Meanor
10-29-2007, 06:11 PM
So the main reason you want all the Bowl talk to stop is so everyone won't hate us? Is this High School?

All people are doing is talking, fact finding, and exploring our options. What's wrong with that?

No...its just that people are unrealistic. NDSU is not eligable for a bowl. Its plain and simple. We need six wins agisnt bowl teams and the bison do not have that. Part of the reason why people are hating on the bison is because fans are spouting off about how we should be in a bowl game or we should be #1 through the polls. Yes...the bison have a great team maybe the best in BCS. However, going into the transition we knew the team would not be elgiable for 5 years. I just don't understand why some people expect the NCAA to all of a sudden change the rules.

extremerouge
10-29-2007, 06:17 PM

i tried to give you rep points but i have given out too much in the last 24 hours...sorry

SDbison
10-29-2007, 06:28 PM
I guess Bohl is a dreamer too. He has stated on several occasions that he is looking at any possibilities of post season play knowing that FCS playoffs are not possible. If somehow a bowl game could happen it would help if NDSU checks it out and notifies the necessary people so that they know we are interested and it is OK with the NCAA. Some of you give it a break, you are not the ones to decide. I am sure Bohl would not say anything if he knew it was impossible.

Bison Dan
10-29-2007, 06:29 PM
No...its just that people are unrealistic. NDSU is not eligable for a bowl. Its plain and simple. We need six wins agisnt bowl teams and the bison do not have that. Part of the reason why people are hating on the bison is because fans are spouting off about how we should be in a bowl game or we should be #1 through the polls. Yes...the bison have a great team maybe the best in BCS. However, going into the transition we knew the team would not be elgiable for 5 years. I just don't understand why some people expect the NCAA to all of a sudden change the rules.

So answer this - if it's totally unrealistic and can't happen why did coach Bohl answer the bowl question on his show the way he did, that bowl committees have some latitude in waiving the 6 DI games?

NDSUstudent
10-29-2007, 06:36 PM
No shot at bowl for Bison
Jeff Kolpack, The Forum

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=182184&section=sports

The bowl talk was all good until Kolpack put the issue to rest with his column.

bisonpride4ever
10-29-2007, 06:59 PM
even if they waived the 6 win rule they would choose a 5 win FBS team before even getting to NDSU

CaBisonFan
10-29-2007, 07:22 PM

I don't recall writing the words..."what a bunch of losers."

Someone else wrote those words. Where did you get that?

CaBisonFan
10-29-2007, 07:25 PM

I didn't write the words "what a bunch of loser." Nor did I intend it.

I wish that I had one percent of the Einstein, Jefferson, Franklin imagination. That doesn't make me a loser.

We need realists too. No offense.

Who in the hell attached "what a bunch of loser" to my post????!!!!!!

CaBisonFan
10-29-2007, 07:26 PM

thank you...you're correct

Bison bison
10-29-2007, 07:26 PM
What a bunch of losers.

I think it was...........

CaBisonFan
10-29-2007, 07:27 PM

OK...so wear a mask.

CaBisonFan
10-29-2007, 07:28 PM

I understand. Was most thread cocky? Seriously

I didn't intend it to be.

CaBisonFan
10-29-2007, 07:30 PM

I didn't use the word "loser." Someone else put that in there.

My post was in 'defense' of dreamers...not a put-down of people that are realists.

geez

CaBisonFan
10-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Dreamers are allowed on this board. Mudra, Erhardt, Chapman, & Taylor all dreamt of a greater future for the Bison.

It would seem that dreaming is required 'before' big goals can be set, then worked on, and then achieved.

Thank God for the dreamers.

If someone here has a dream of the Bison getting to a bowl game, is there really a problem with it?

There 'is' a smaller bowl game down in San Diego where Navy invites an at-large team to play. Hell, they could invite Mayville State if they wanted. There are no restrictions. I can't recall the name of the bowl. A friend of mine goes every year, being a Navy man.

So what some of you are saying is that if this bowl invited the Bison, we should decline a chance to play in Qualcomm stadium on about the 28th of December. After all, San Diego is really a dive. We'd all hate it. (Actually, it's my favorite city in the US. It's beyond beautiful.)

Does anyone remember a day when FCS teams weren't allowed to be ranked in the top 25? Or do we all have such short memories?

There is negativism...and there is realism. Then there are the dreamers. Einstein, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin were dreamers. What a bunch of losers.

"What a bunch of losers was called............SARCASM....refering to Einstein, Jefferson, & Franklin.

I stand corrected. I did use those words. But it was totally sarcastic. It had nothing to do with anyone here.

NDSUFREAK
10-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Good post.

I think he's talking about the Hawaii Bowl, which is in affiliiation with the University of Hawaii, the WAC and Conference USA. Hawaii always plays in it but they don't get to choose their opponent.
hopefully they can play in a BSC bowl this year!

CaBisonFan
10-30-2007, 02:32 AM

tcbison

It was sarcasm relating to Jefferson, Einstein, & Franklin. geez

OldBison
10-30-2007, 12:54 PM
I don't recall writing the words..."what a bunch of losers."

Someone else wrote those words. Where did you get that?

You're generally so long-winded it's not surprising you don't remember what you write. You must have Brewster's disease, which is brought on by constant yapping and a continued inability to remember what you said. Fortunately its not fatal.

Ferd
10-30-2007, 02:34 PM
No shot at bowl for Bison
Jeff Kolpack, The Forum

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=182184&section=sports

The bowl talk was all good until Kolpack put the issue to rest with his column.

When did the Forum(Kolpack) become the final arbiter? Kolpak is offering his interpretation.

Possible? Probable? Never?

As a mathematician I only use "never" in saying "Never divide by zero!"

:) :) :) :)