PDA

View Full Version : Bison - SUU Game Thoughts

Tatanka
10-27-2007, 09:53 PM
From the mind of Tatanka:

The Good
Bison win.
Bigger point differential than teh university's super bowl vs SUU earlier this year, so they shouldn't be talking smack.
Interceptions. Tackles for Loss. Sacks. Nice.
Winning without T-Roehl and Joe Mays
Drago got to punt.
The Bad

Attendance, certainly nowhere in the vicinity of a sellout. Student section about 1/3 to 1/2 full. Stands peppered with empty seats.
Game day atmosphere. Granted, playing a 0-2041 team with the game never in doubt doesn't help.
Sloppy play by the Bison in first half.
Playing without T-Roehl and Joe Mays
Drago got to punt more than once.
The Ugly

Getting burned deep for long pass plays. More than once.
What the hell is that with the long curly hair and a cape on the field with Thundar?
Can you imagine how ridiculous the score would have been with T-Roehl and Joe Mays in the game?
All the blue seats without people standing in front of them.
Drago had to punt more than once.
Flame away! :)

tjbison
10-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Agreed 100%, why not play Roehl and Mays???? overheard some people in front saying they got into trouble any truth to that?? the crowd was horrible the guy in front of me told me to settle down!!! I have four season tickets and he apparently has never been to a game before because they didn' even know who #11 (Steve Walker) was:banghead: sorry for the rant just had to vent!!!!

Jdubs21
10-27-2007, 10:40 PM
I am highly doubting Roehl or Mays got into trouble, but i guess we will find out tomorrow at 10:30...my guess is the question will arise

Mr_Meanor
10-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Both Mays and Roehl were not 100% healthy

tcbison
10-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Both Mays and Roehl were not 100% healthy

Coach Bohl said they could have played if needed but since they were not 100% healthy he thought it was best to sit them.

NDSUFREAK
10-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Coach Bohl said they could have played if needed but since they were not 100% healthy he thought it was best to sit them.
yeah, thats what our discussion was that they weren't 100% so why play them against suu.

still can't think of an excuse why attendence wasn't even in the 16s!! GEEZZ :ranting:

walknroehl
10-27-2007, 11:07 PM
Just got in from the game.

Lardinois was a beast this game.

Less than ideal first half followed up by a fairly impressive second half.

This is a pretty big high school football weekend with playoffs starting and also bird hunting in full swing with a beautiful day for it. The real fans were at the game though so it was still a good Sat. afternoon for me.

WYOBISONMAN
10-27-2007, 11:09 PM
what was the attendance figure?

ndsubison1
10-27-2007, 11:11 PM
I was very disappointed in the atmosphere of the game. no where near as loud as the other 3 home games, student section was pretty quite the majority of the time; just wasn't the same...

NDSUFREAK
10-27-2007, 11:14 PM
what was the attendance figure?
~15,800

student section.....:ranting: again.....

NDSUstudent
10-27-2007, 11:28 PM
The 1PM kickoff for Harvest Bowl always hurts. Wish NDSU would move away from the 1PM kickoffs but whatever. As for the game it went about as expected, SUU hung tough for a while but NDSU just had way too much talent.

X-Factor
10-27-2007, 11:50 PM
Roehl had a sore shoulder. Wanted to play, coaches decided otherwise. Wise choice, he wasn't needed against an 0-7 team.

Henry is a stud. 12 tackles + 1 sack. Will be next year's starter at Middle backer.

Rush defense was great, HUGE pressure on every play. D-Line pushed SUU around like they weren't there.

Walker was NOT looking sharp. Several bad throws including the INT. He will turn it around. Was hoping to see Mertens throw more but I guess you can't complain, he completed both of his passes.

Jay
10-28-2007, 02:12 AM
Matt Anderson is a beast on special teams. I think he made every tackle on kickoff coverage.

WYOBISONMAN
10-28-2007, 02:15 AM
As I have said before, I am most concerned about the defensive secondary. It surely is the soft spot of this great team. Hopefully no one will be able to exploit the secondary in our next 3 games.......

imported_Bisongold
10-28-2007, 02:23 AM
The sound is not loud enough on the intro video. Doesn't do it for me and the entire crowd did not get as loud.

HerdBot
10-28-2007, 04:52 AM
THE GOOD!
When you play this bad, play your backup qb the entire 4th qtr, don't start your 2 best players, and win 52-17 your pretty damn good.

- Backups got to see plenty of action including Mertens
- Played well without Mays and Roehl.
- I think we left with minimal injuries
- We won 52-17 and it could have been worse.
- Pretty damn good sized crowd all things considered

THE BAD!
- Did they forget to turn the music volume up? The intro seemed kind of lame today.
- Students? Where were you?
- Nice size crowd but lame ass crowd participation. You need to drink a few beers before hand to loosen up and cheer because the Fargo Dome is not a nursing home. Instead of launching shirts into the upper deck, try shooting fiber bars. Maybe that will get they old asses out of their seats!!
- 4th Qtr was a waste of my time

BigBison
10-28-2007, 06:14 AM
I dont understand where the students were and I'm a student. I think what kept people from the game was high school football, hunting, harvesting and a nice day.

tjbison
10-28-2007, 09:19 AM
I dont understand where the students were and I'm a student. I think what kept people from the game was high school football, hunting, harvesting and a nice day.

Thats too bad, I was just starting to think we didn't just have bandwagon fans!! Hunting will be there till Jan. Harvesting I understand but it doesn't take away that many people considering the size of the fan area, and the nice day might have snagged lots because we all know its about over till March!! I think the Ill. St. game will be better attended:)

bisoneer
10-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Hey we whooped em 52 -17 so we really cant complain about not seeing Rohl or Mays, but they need to heal up as the next 3 games are big. SUU has some talent but they cant even match up well with most of our 2nd stringers. Lardinois was the leader on D this game, he was an animal out there.

travelingbison
10-28-2007, 10:35 PM
While I would love to be optimistic on the students coming out for the Ill. State game on Saturday, the yearly trends beg to differ...Over the last few years, I've personally noticed the number of student section significantly drop on the MN opening of hunting season - which happens to fall this year over the Ill. State game.

I really don't feel that it's a 'band wagon' thing, because most students haven't been around long enough to see the bison lose on the home turf. There are lots of families out there - in MN and ND both - that plan their hunting gatherings a year in advance and personally speaking, family would come first in this situation.

ndsubison1
10-28-2007, 10:46 PM

Yeah I know a ton of people who were gone this weekend for those reasons.

CarringtonBison
10-29-2007, 01:25 AM
Agree with most of the above.

Pretty sterile environment with less than I thought would attend, but nearly 16000 is still pretty decent. We are expecting more and that is good-better to have high expectations and be let down, than to expect lower and be pleasantly surprised.

Funny story though. Fourth quarter, when SUU had the ball. The QB passed in the pocket and didn't quite get it to the line of scrimmage with no receiver around-an obvious grounding penalty. I was jumping up and down yelling for the flag. About half the section looked back up at me like I just spilt hot coffee on myself. They then called the penalty. Several people around me stated that the ref must have heard me. All this and it was 52-17. Guess I still get into the game, any weekend at anytime, no matter the opponent or score. ha ha