PDA

View Full Version : Bowan should be back, "God of Thunder"

onbison09
10-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Cornerback Bowman expects to return next season
NDSU cornerback Richard Bowman said surgery to address a spinal condition was a success and he expects to be fully recovered in six months. He was injured in the season opener against Stephen F. Austin.
“The doctors took good care of me – it was a blessing,” he said.
Bowman, who was wearing a neck brace this week, said he will be going through therapy and rehabilitation for the next three months. He may be able to go through some light drills during spring football.
Bowman was diagnosed with “spinal stenosis,” a condition brought on by the narrowing of the spinal canal. Bowman said the procedure called for inserting titanium plates to widen the canal and keep it stable.
“He’s healing well,” said Lucretia Bowman, Richard’s mother. “He’s had excellent care and fantastic support.”
NDSU tight end gets nickname from ESPN’s SportsCenter
NDSU goes into its game with Southern Utah today with the “God of Thunder” on its side.
Well, not really, but a nickname of sorts was born in the Bison camp last weekend.
Thor Brown will remember his first touchdown reception forever. It made ESPN’s SportsCenter and one of the show’s anchors called Brown “The God of Thunder,” in reference to Thor, a Norse mythology legend who protected against evil with a hammer.
Brown caught a 7-yard touchdown pass from Steve Walker that put the Bison up for good against the University of Minnesota last weekend.
“I was definitely surprised to hear that,” Brown said earlier this week. “I came back to practice and everybody is calling me the God of Thunder.”
For Brown, a 6-4, 252-pound sophomore from Fall Creek, Wis., it was only his second catch of the season. Full article at: http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/181969