PDA

View Full Version : Illinois State Game to Be Televised!!!

Bison bison
10-25-2007, 05:14 PM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1287541

Hammersmith
10-25-2007, 05:25 PM
I was hoping the FSN rumor was true, but KVLY is just fine. I wonder if this reduces the chance the SDSU game will be televised. Every note that kickoff has been moved to 4:00.

bisonmike2
10-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Does anyone know if NDSU had to buy the air time or is this KVLY trying to make some money off a hot product?

roadwarrior
10-25-2007, 08:15 PM
I don't think NDSU had to "buy" any time on the KVLY broadcasts this year. With the team's success this year and the popularity of the TV coverage across the state, it's a no brainer.

BlueBisonRock
10-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Will this game be available via satellite to outlying areas?

Bison Dan
10-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Will this game be available via satellite to outlying areas?

Gene said that Ill State is picking it up and it'll be seen in Chicago.

Bison bison
10-25-2007, 08:36 PM
very cool.

tcbison
10-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Gene said that Ill State is picking it up and it'll be seen in Chicago.

Interesting. I wonder if they can get it in Minneapolis as well? I can't make it to this game because of a conflict but if the Chicago area can pick it up, maybe we could arrange for a satellite party in Minneapolis as well.

bisonmike2
10-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Interesting. I wonder if they can get it in Minneapolis as well? I can't make it to this game because of a conflict but if the Chicago area can pick it up, maybe we could arrange for a satellite party in Minneapolis as well.

I would be very interested in this happening as well.

IowaBisonToo
10-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Sure wish it were on FSN. That's the kind of coverage NDSU needs to become a regional "favorite" and have a regional following. Put the product on TV, let people watch it and they will become interested and become fans because of the quality of football they're watching. There are a lot of Bison fans that would really enjoy seeing the game on FSN that don't live in Fargo. Imagine, 30,000 at the Humpty Dome. How many more would watch if given the chance?

87Bisonfan
10-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Just called about tickets for the Ill St. game -- only available reserved seats are Sect. 6 row DD and up, Sect. 30 row GG and up, and Section 23 - visitors section. This game will definitely sell out early!

HerdBot
10-26-2007, 03:08 AM
Sure wish it were on FSN. That's the kind of coverage NDSU needs to become a regional "favorite" and have a regional following. Put the product on TV, let people watch it and they will become interested and become fans because of the quality of football they're watching. There are a lot of Bison fans that would really enjoy seeing the game on FSN that don't live in Fargo. Imagine, 30,000 at the Humpty Dome. How many more would watch if given the chance?

The cool part of state wide broadcasts is the fact that we're getting exposure in western North Dakota. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but we didn't get that on a regular basis before and I want to see every Weston Dressler type player to think of NDSU first. I want to see some more walk on's. I like ND players better because they tend to be more loyal to the program and give us 4 years. For that to happen they need to see us on TV on a regular basis. Of course it's even cooler when it's sold out.

FSN is great too. The SFA game wasn't shown live in Minneapolis but the replay was. Either way we've always been successful recruiting Minnesota and we will do more with the Gophers game, Star Tribune, and KFAN coverage.

I'm intruiged by the possibility of stepping up the recruiting in Illinois. As we all know, Walker, Mays, and Drago all came from Illinois and there are a TON of very talented athletes there and the Gateway has 3 Illinois colleges! We had zero TV exposure before and with the Gateway we're getting it!

KC Bison
10-26-2007, 03:15 PM
If I'm suppose to be excited about it being shown on ND stations -- I'm not. The only way I'll see it in KC is if its on FSN.

THEsocalledfan
10-26-2007, 04:33 PM
If I'm suppose to be excited about it being shown on ND stations -- I'm not. The only way I'll see it in KC is if its on FSN.

I am with you on this one. I am sick of NDSU thinking small on media. Pony up some more cash and get it on FSN so the rest of us can see it.

roadwarrior
10-26-2007, 06:11 PM
Pony up some more cash and get it on FSN so the rest of us can see it.

Apparently some think there is an unlimited amount of this cash stuff laying around the campus.

Gully
10-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Apparently some think there is an unlimited amount of this cash stuff laying around the campus.

That's what Alba Bales (spelling?) must be for...holding all the extra cash!

THEsocalledfan
10-26-2007, 06:31 PM

FSN=greater exposure particularly in Minnesota while everyone in ND can also see the game. Heck, anyone can see the game with a sattelite dish when on FSN.

Greater exposure=better recruiting (Where are most of our players from?)

Better recruiting=championship teams

Chamionship teams=won't have to pay FSN anymore to broadcast.

Again, let's quit this small time stuff and stay connected to our 15,000 alumni who live in the metro area plus the rest of us in outstate MN! We care about this team, too. Don't forget about us!

TAILG8R
10-26-2007, 06:39 PM
If only it was that easy.

NDSUstudent
10-26-2007, 06:47 PM
If only it was that easy.

Exactly, we were lucky to get one game on tv a few years ago and now this year we had 5 games televised including 4 home games. Plus, KVLY may pick up another game against SDSU. NDSU has come a long way in just one year of taking media in house, they have exceeded even my wildest expectations.

99Bison
10-26-2007, 06:49 PM
If it's being shown in Illinois, presumably that is being picked up by satellite...?

roadwarrior
10-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Jeremy Jorgenson just started his new position at NDSU this summer. The results of having four games televised this season are pretty damn good in my opinion!

56BISON73
10-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Was there this kind of outcry 3-5 years ago???? Hmmmm nobody was worrying about TV, recruiting and being forgotten then. Now everyone wants it NOW!!!!!! WE WANT A BIGGER STADIUM!!!! We want more TV coverage!!!! I want my Maypo!!!!!! :D PL

BlueBisonRock
10-27-2007, 04:35 AM
I want my Maypo!!!!!! :D PL

You are welcome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqdkl8w8MXw