PDA

View Full Version : Help! SDSU ticket buyers! What section are u in?

HerdBot
10-25-2007, 05:06 AM
**UPDATE**
Reserved tickets (PL1) are sold out. There are a ton of tickets left for General Admission (PL2). I was told general admission is virtually unlimited because they will bring in extra bleachers for the end zone if it sells out. Tickets are only $12 for adults or $5 for kids. If you have to buy reserved, they tend to release some the last few days when tickets are returned but I wouldn't bank on it. Someone posted on another site that you can still order reserved tickets if you call 1-866-GO-JACKS in section L. Not sure if it's true. Weather is near 50 degrees!!
**UPDATE**

This post has been modified as the official "TAKE OVER COUGHLIN STADIUM " thread for the SDSU game on Saturday! If you plan on going, this thread will tell you where to sit, how to order tickets, rules, tailgating, etc.

TICKET INFO!
There are 2 sides to the stadium. The tall west side (PL1) is sold out and reserved seats only. It's mainly Jack fans but many NDSU fans have been ordering tickets in sections J-K-L. The shorter east side (PL2) is General Admission and the dominant Bison side! The NDSU ONLY area is section N-O-P within' the General Admission (PL2). You can't buy a ticket for section N-O-P since it's GA but it's where most NDSU fans end up sitting, however NDSU owns the entire GA side so it doesn't really matter. Let's make the entire General Admission side the BISON SIDE!!

LETS MAKE THIS A HOME GAME!
Let's sell this mother out!! The implications are HUGE and if you don't want to go to this game you should get your head examined! This is for the Great West Championship and the Dakota Marker. More importanly, it's a chance to cement ourselves as the #1 team in the country! This could be the first time in NCAA History that a transition team finishes ranked #1. Although we can't go to the playoffs, it will increase our chances of getting a Bowl Game! This is the last chance we will have to see Walker, Mays and the rest of the seniors so get your ass out there!

SDSU BUS INFO
NDSU Alumni website also has a bus and other activities planned. click here for details http://www.ndsualumni.com/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?&pid=334&srcid=193

I pulled this off the website. Fan Bus Transportation from Fargo to Brookings
Russell Greger is planning a same day bus trip between Fargo and Brookings. Russell is planning the entire adventure and can be reached at 701-239-6977 or b27reader@lycos.com. Price is to be determined.

CLICK HERE TO CHARGE YOUR TICKETS ONLINE!
http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3ASDS%3AF07%3AF06%3A&linkID=sds&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=
(Note: To order GA, select quantity and click PL2 for the section)

SDSU Ticket Office at 1-866-GO-JACKS or (605) 688-5422. Mon-Fri 9-5 pm. (you may need to leave a message if busy)

NDSU Ticket Office 231-NDSU (may still have some left)

MAP OF STADIUM (As you can see there are no bad seats)
http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/TicketInformation/CoughlinAlumniStadium/Index.cfm

RUMORS!
Disregard the rumors from the SDSU website that they are almost sold out. Not even close. The general admission is virtually unlimited and they will bring in extra bleachers if possible. They are scared we are going to embarress them like the Gophers. Go out and buy your GA tickets and join us as we take over the stadium. I pulled this from the Argus leader http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/category/sdsu/

TAILGATE INFO
http://www.gojacks.com/pdf1/76932.pdf?ATCLID=897605&SPSID=64578&SPID=7147&DB_OEM_ID=15000 (This is off the Jacks website. There is a tailgate lot for $5) More tailgaiting info on ALumni website. Click here for the tailgating rule book http://www3.sdstate.edu/ClassLibrary/Page/Information/DataInstances/9475/Files/38938/SDSU_Tailgating_Policy.pdf

GENERAL INFO
The Jacks colors are Blue and Yellow. Although most wear blue, it's not a bad idea to wear GREEN so you stick out and clearly represent NDSU! Others have brought NDSU flags to Coughlin before.

WEATHER
The weather is going to be warm and near 50!!

SPREAD THE WORD! GET A HOLD OF AN EXTRA FAMILY MEMBER AND MAKE THE TRIP! THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN! DON'T LISTEN TO IT ON THE RADIO AND THINK TO YOURSELF, "MAN, I WISH I WAS THERE!" BE THERE!

Leonardite
10-25-2007, 05:08 AM
We'll have ten in section J.

chuckles
10-25-2007, 05:51 AM
4 in section K row 16 or somthin, the person at the ticket office stated they sold tickets to NDSU fans in the row ahead of me and behind me...

NDSUFan_Sav
10-25-2007, 08:06 AM
Do any students have tickets yet???
I want to be able to stand with no sitting without making people mad.

HerdBot
10-25-2007, 02:01 PM
can we sticky this

WYOBISONMAN
10-25-2007, 02:27 PM
Done! This is sticky!

Tatanka
10-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Three spots in General Admission for Tatanka and crew. Only need the seats themselves for halftime.

NDSUstudent
10-25-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm pretty sure my group of three is in GA, at least that is where I told my friend to get the tickets.

SDbison
10-25-2007, 05:38 PM
I don't know why everyone is so worried about tickets for this game. SDSU fans won't come in huge numbers so there wil be plenty of GA seat available. Other than that I don't know why anyone would want to sit on the west side with the Jacks fans.......from my experience they are not very friendly (they weren't during basketball games at the BSA for the past couple years).

Bisonfan1
10-25-2007, 05:46 PM
I don't know why everyone is so worried about tickets for this game. SDSU fans won't come in huge numbers so there wil be plenty of GA seat available. Other than that I don't know why anyone would want to sit on the west side with the Jacks fans.......from my experience they are not very friendly (they weren't during basketball games at the BSA for the past couple years).

EXACTLY - Ill be on the other side STANDING, YELLING, SCREAMING my lungs out. Non passonate fan's need not apply !!! (In other words, book readers, knitters, flat butt types)

bisonpride4ever
10-25-2007, 08:56 PM
me and 5 others will be sitting with the good guys on the east side cheering a BISON victory

Till
10-25-2007, 11:46 PM
I have 6 for the GA section.

The Van's a'comin'....

HerdBot
10-26-2007, 03:54 AM

There is a chance we could be undefeated going into the game. SDSU can't go to the playoffs either so this is a huge game for them too! I'm sure they want the Dakota Marker back in SD and they had a good chance to beat us last year too. Since it's already a nice rivaly, the tickets could go really fast and I want to have a ton of fellow Bison fans in the stands near us. The Gophers game proved that we can have some of the best traveling fans in the region! This is only a 2 1/2 hour drive so let's do it!

chuckles
10-26-2007, 04:12 AM
There is a chance we could be undefeated going into the game. SDSU can't go to the playoffs either so this is a huge game for them too! I'm sure they want the Dakota Marker back in SD and they had a good chance to beat us last year too. Since it's already a nice rivaly, the tickets could go really fast and I want to have a ton of fellow Bison fans in the stands near us. The Gophers game proved that we can have some of the best traveling fans in the region! This is only a 2 1/2 hour drive so let's do it!
Exactly! I thought about getting just GA for the game, but will you have to line up at the gate to get a good seat in GA? I figured with the reserved seat I know where I sit and can show up 10 min before the kickoff, plenty of tailgating time!!

Blue
10-26-2007, 04:38 AM
Exactly! I thought about getting just GA for the game, but will you have to line up at the gate to get a good seat in GA? I figured with the reserved seat I know where I sit and can show up 10 min before the kickoff, plenty of tailgating time!!
Wrong...
Tailgating closes a half hour before the game.

4mcruenomore
10-26-2007, 05:17 AM
Are there good places to stay as far as motel wise for bison fans? It's quite a drive for us out here.

UTH
10-26-2007, 05:21 AM
Are there good places to stay as far as motel wise for bison fans? It's quite a drive for us out here.

Hotel space is getting taken up. I understand that the hotel I'm staying in has been successfully invaded.

4mcruenomore
10-26-2007, 05:27 AM
Guess we will prob. be driving to Aberdeen then afterwards

UTH
10-26-2007, 05:29 AM
Call around. There has to be space left. I'm only saying that the Super 8 (if I remember right) will have no vacancy.

MN_BISON
10-26-2007, 05:47 PM
Have you tried the Holiday Inn Express yet, there were rooms open last week.

sway1331
10-26-2007, 05:49 PM
We've got 4 in GA

met1990
10-26-2007, 07:40 PM
I just got two for GA in the "NDSU Only" section. Apparently its only NDSU fans in sections N, O and P on the east side. The lady who took my order said ticket sales have been going steady and this week has been all Bison fans.

NDSUFREAK
10-26-2007, 10:35 PM
The invasion has begun....anyone want to give it a stab at Operation Invasion: Coughlin Stadium?

Swaghook
10-26-2007, 11:43 PM
We ordered 4 GA

NDSUFREAK
10-27-2007, 12:12 AM
how many people will the east seats hold?

UTH
10-27-2007, 12:23 AM
how many people will the east seats hold?

Most of the Bison fans? Actually, GoogleEarth says that the East side will fill up pretty fast...

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Bunnies/CoughlinStadium.jpg

aces1180
10-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Section J, row 34...We have 8 seats

heckler
10-31-2007, 08:46 PM
hope we get 7 home games this year.

IL_Bison
11-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Just ordered 11 GA tix. Appears that we better get our seats early.

Live2Tailgate
11-02-2007, 10:29 PM
I just picked up 4 tix in GA. Section P is where I'm heading when the gates open.

Anyone else on this forum riding on the NDSU fun bus (details found on ndsualumni.com)?

UTH
11-04-2007, 03:21 AM
Has anyone asked the Jacks office how many tickets are left for the big game? I just tried on gojacks.com and here are my results:

2 tix on the west side put me in section K for the best seats.

I wasn't allowed to reserve 40 tickets in GA, while the maximum number allowed per order is 99.

HerdBot
11-04-2007, 06:43 AM
Has anyone asked the Jacks office how many tickets are left for the big game? I just tried on gojacks.com and here are my results:

2 tix on the west side put me in section K for the best seats.

I wasn't allowed to reserve 40 tickets in GA, while the maximum number allowed per order is 99.

I don't know. On the Jacks board they are predicting a record sell out crowd and are worried we're going to buy all the tickets after we brought 30k to Minneapolis and dropped the hammer. I suggest getting tickets fast and if you don't want to drive they have a bus trip on the ndsu alumni site.

I'm in section K with a group of 8.

ThatWouldBeSeven
11-04-2007, 01:43 PM
I have two tickets for Section J, row 32. I hope the people behind us are also standing the whole game.

Blue
11-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Ticket manager Christi Williams said Thursday that, yes, sales for the Great West Football Conference title tilt are brisk, especially for a November game. And, yes, NDSU fans are showing strong interest - as are SDSU supporters, yet there are plenty of seats available in both the reserved and GA sections.

http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/sdsu/debunking-the-rumor.html

BisonBabe
11-04-2007, 11:24 PM
If both teams win again next week it will be another barn burner this year for the Great West Conferance title. Our tickets arrived yesterday so we are all set.

UTH
11-04-2007, 11:34 PM
If both teams win again next week it will be another barn burner this year for the Great West Conferance title. Our tickets arrived yesterday so we are all set.

YES. This is what I've been looking forward to all season. Just one more game...

Bison06
11-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Hey guys I didn't have the time to look into it, but I was just thinking that even if we do lose this week, next week will be for the Great West title. Am I wrong on that one?

Live2Tailgate
11-06-2007, 08:24 PM
If NDSU wins over Cal Poly then it's winner take all in Brookings.

If NDSU loses to Cal Poly and then beats SDSU, it's a 3-way tie for the title.

Regardless of what happens Saturday in Caly....if SDSU beats NDSU, it's a conference title for Little Bunny Foo Foo because they will have run the table in the Great West.

56BISON73
11-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Will this game be web cast???? PL

Live2Tailgate
11-06-2007, 09:27 PM
If NDSU wins over Cal Poly then it's winner take all in Brookings.

If NDSU loses to Cal Poly and then beats SDSU, it's a 3-way tie for the title.

Regardless of what happens Saturday in Caly....if SDSU beats NDSU, it's a conference title for Little Bunny Foo Foo because they will have run the table in the Great West.

(This of course is with the assumption that SDSU beats SUU this weekend at home, which they should.)

NDSUstudent
11-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Will this game be web cast???? PL

Yep, and since SDSU has XOS the game should available through gobison.com if you have it.

tjbison
11-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Didn't take the time to read the entire thread, but is there a seating chart for CAS? on gojacks.com it says coming soon?

NDSUFREAK
11-07-2007, 12:19 AM
since i see a lot of section j on here maybe we should expand to invade there as well....

Bison"FANatic"
11-07-2007, 02:17 PM
since i see a lot of section j on here maybe we should expand to invade there as well....

Lots of Bison in J and K from what I am hearing here and from other sources and one of the other sources was the jacks ticket line:nod: :nod:

Live2Tailgate
11-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Couldn't find it on this thread but does anyone know what time the gates open for GA?

I wouldn't mind getting up front for a good view when the men in green and gold hoist THE ROCK to the delight of fans.

Is it 90 minutes early ala the Fargodome?

Live2Tailgate
11-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Didn't take the time to read the entire thread, but is there a seating chart for CAS? on gojacks.com it says coming soon?

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/TicketInformation/CoughlinAlumniStadium/Index.cfm?SPSID=64581&SPID=7147&DB_OEM_ID=15000

Not a bad interactive site with a photo from each section.

Live2Tailgate
11-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Answer found: Gates open for General Admission (which is first come first serve) at 11:30am.

I called down to SDSU ticket office today and they said they do sell more GA tickets than they have seats (Standing Room Only) so if you expect to get a seat at kickoff, you'll probably be standing.

For Homecoming last month she told me they had Standing Room Only with 40 minutes prior to the game.

Moral of the story? If you have GA, get your butts in the seats early. Once you're there scream your bleeping head off! :bong: We've got to be loud and proud for the Great West Conference Championship Game.

UTH
11-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Answer found: Gates open for General Admission (which is first come first serve) at 11:30am.

I called down to SDSU ticket office today and they said they do sell more GA tickets than they have seats (Standing Room Only) so if you expect to get a seat at kickoff, you'll probably be standing.

For Homecoming last month she told me they had Standing Room Only with 40 minutes prior to the game.

Moral of the story? If you have GA, get your butts in the seats early. Once you're there scream your bleeping head off! :bong: We've got to be loud and proud for the Great West Conference Championship Game.

That stuff is good to know. Thanks!

HerdBot
11-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Don't forget to try and wear Green because SDSU is blue and yellow.

HerdBot
11-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Where will everyone tailgate at?

Tatanka
11-10-2007, 06:27 PM
In the backyard!!!

tdhummel
11-11-2007, 02:30 AM
Your guys tickets are about in the north end zone in J and K by the Trees farthest from the scoreboard.

tdhummel
11-11-2007, 02:32 AM
Another thing wow my college doesn't update those pictures much. That was like 3 years ago before we got the Big scoreboard.

Tatanka
11-11-2007, 02:35 AM
OPERATION GREEN OUT is ON!!!

NDSUFan_Sav
11-11-2007, 03:57 AM
Hey when you go to purchase tickets on the gojacks.com site

I want 2 Adult tickets if i choose PL2 for $12 are those GA tickets???

I want to purchase GA tickets!!! Please help me out!!!

what is the difference between PL1 and PL2??

Tatanka
11-11-2007, 04:00 AM
PL2 = price level 2, which I think means GA.

NDSUFREAK
11-11-2007, 04:50 AM
Your guys tickets are about in the north end zone in J and K by the Trees farthest from the scoreboard.
We'll have more than that. If they don't give it to us we'll take it by force. :)

tdhummel
11-11-2007, 02:46 PM
There will probably be more bleachers at each Endzone

tjbison
11-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Anybody in section L??

BisBison
11-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Anybody in section L??

I'm there. Four seats in Row 32

bisonmike2
11-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Anybody in section L??

L here. I finally got fed up with SDSU's inablility to want to promote their team and university on regional television and bought tickets for the game. I had to rearrange our thanksgiving day plans but in the end I think it will be worth it.

lakesbison
11-12-2007, 04:36 PM
ANYONE DRIVING TO BISMARCK MONDAY MORN or SUNDAY NIGHT from the SDSU GAME??

if so.. private message me, Im flying outta Bismarck, then into chicago and don't want to leave a car in Bismarck!!

Thanks!!

Lakesbison

oasisjennie
11-13-2007, 06:13 PM
There will be 4 of us in section L!! From what I can tell this section will have lots of Bison fans?? I hope so!!!!

Does anyone know of a bus going from Minneapolis to Brookings? I would love to ride on one and not have to drive...I heard about the one from Fargo to Brookings, but was curious if there is one going from Minneapolis...

GO BISON!!!

WarBison
11-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Section G, row 17. 5 of us.

Tpoll
11-15-2007, 03:17 AM
We have General Admission - get there early!

sambini
11-15-2007, 05:06 AM
gENERAL ADMISSION++

borderbison
11-15-2007, 06:46 PM
I have two extra tickets in section K - Row 15 - I believe it's around the 10 yard line or so. PM me if you're interested.

gwfan
11-16-2007, 03:55 PM
I have 2 general admission tickets. $10.00 each. PM if interested.

Blue
11-16-2007, 11:48 PM
Standing on the SIDELINES for me:blush::D

Bisonguy
11-17-2007, 04:15 AM
Standing on the SIDELINES for me:blush::D

Me too. :nod:

NDSUFan_Sav
11-17-2007, 07:34 AM
I will be in General Admission in 9 hours...LETS GO BISON!!!