PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Day for Majeski

CaBisonFan
10-24-2007, 08:32 AM
It's not a criticism...but did anyone notice that Majeski had a pretty quiet day against the Gophers?

Was he hurt...or was it just one of those days?

Anyone know what was going on?

What a great player he is...whoa.

He's one of those 'real' Bison type players in my book. He's a total gamer under pressure.

Jdubs21
10-24-2007, 11:23 AM
I am guessin it was just one of those days, mainly because i'm sure the goofs were watchin him at all times because he is a game changer

bisoneer
10-24-2007, 11:57 AM
I am guessin it was just one of those days, mainly because i'm sure the goofs were watchin him at all times because he is a game changer

Yeah ditto, he did have a heads up play on that no knee taken kick return as he dove on the ball, but the refs gave it to us on the 20 any way

4mcruenomore
10-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Great heads up to jump on the ball, my heart sunk on that one, What the hell happened!!!!

Swany
10-24-2007, 02:13 PM
A receiver does not need big catches to have a big day (although it helps). Magic played very well on special teams (which is often unnoticed). He was the player who tackled the Gophs inside their 10 on the kickoff following our touchdown. (I think it was that ko, might have been on another or a punt). Also, our receivers did an excellent job blocking. Big runs don't happen without blocks downfield by receivers.

Just because a guy doesn't have 8 catches for 100 yards and a TD doesn't mean he was quiet or didn't show up to play. Wurzbacher may have not even had a catch but that doesn't mean he wasn't a HUGE part of Roehl et al rushing the ball over the Gophs. We are a run first/play-action, short controlled passing team so our receivers aren't going to put up huge numbers -- in fact -- our receivers putting up huge numbers usually means we are behind and having to throw the ball more than usual.

Bison bison
10-24-2007, 02:16 PM
I was surprised to see that 9 Bison caught passes.

roadwarrior
10-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Magic played very well on special teams (which is often unnoticed). He was the player who tackled the Gophs inside their 10 on the kickoff following our touchdown.

This was a huge play especially considering how the Gophers had run back the kickoffs earlier in the game!

99Bison
10-24-2007, 02:30 PM
A receiver does not need big catches to have a big day (although it helps). Magic played very well on special teams (which is often unnoticed). He was the player who tackled the Gophs inside their 10 on the kickoff following our touchdown. (I think it was that ko, might have been on another or a punt). Also, our receivers did an excellent job blocking. Big runs don't happen without blocks downfield by receivers.

Just because a guy doesn't have 8 catches for 100 yards and a TD doesn't mean he was quiet or didn't show up to play. Wurzbacher may have not even had a catch but that doesn't mean he wasn't a HUGE part of Roehl et al rushing the ball over the Gophs. We are a run first/play-action, short controlled passing team so our receivers aren't going to put up huge numbers -- in fact -- our receivers putting up huge numbers usually means we are behind and having to throw the ball more than usual.

Was just going to say that, that was a big play.

CaBisonFan
10-24-2007, 03:16 PM

I understand what you're saying. I'm not being critical of him. He's one of the key players on this team. I just didn't hear his name much, and I'm used to hearing it. That's all. I did notice the blocking by the receivers on several plays. It was amazing.

BlueBisonRock
10-25-2007, 03:31 AM
A receiver does not need big catches to have a big day (although it helps). Magic played very well on special teams (which is often unnoticed). He was the player who tackled the Gophs inside their 10 on the kickoff following our touchdown.

I loved that tackle. I coached youth ball against Marcus Sherels (24) who had two excellent returns earlier that day. Sherels (redshirt freshman) has both speed and moves. He will be a game breaker for the gophers in the future. Majeski's tackle was a lot tougher than appeared and was critical at that point in the game. If Majeski had not hustled down the field and read / avoided the blocking, that kickoff likely would have been another big gopher runback. The play was yet another of the great Bison plays in the Gopher game!