PDA

View Full Version : We Blew the roof off- what section were you?

BisoninHuskerland
10-24-2007, 02:27 AM
I want to know what section you were in and what was the atmosphere. I have been to many games in different stadiums and I can't remember a louder group. I moved around the stadium and at one time we had the LET GO BISON chant started in two different sections. Priceless. It had to jack our players. My nephew who was visiting some gopher fan stated that they wanted to get the chant LETS GO GOPHERS and were drown out by our fans. I loved the fact that a large group of our fans were on the ends and one of the gopher faithful complained that they heard it from both sides. He said it just so deflating because there is never a game that he remembers that their faithful are in unison. Other media has noticed our fans as they could not believe a group with about a third of the population of Fargo drove to the game.

Our seats were just to the right of their student section.

And hats off to every fan around us that cheer and were high fiving.

BisonBrewer
10-24-2007, 03:08 AM
That was definitely BIG TIME football atmosphere!

It has been said before but I'll say it again, "Why can't we generate this sort of electricity in the Fargodome?" We owned the Big Pillow in downtown Minneapolis the past two years but our home field is the Fargotomb most of the time.

We need to turn this around for our first Gateway / playoff season!

chuckles
10-24-2007, 03:19 AM
It has been said before but I'll say it again, "Why can't we generate this sort of electricity in the Fargodome?"

1. Quality competition. Minnesota was a big game/big name/big ten conf and this fired people up. This will improve with the Gateway Conf (hopefully) we got a little taste of this with Sam Huston State

2. The People. Those at the Minnesota game wanted to be there and add to the electricity.

3. Alcohol. Yes I said it, generates a different atmosphere. How much money did the Metrodome cash in with $6 beers being sold Saturday? I also heard the Depo ran out of or ran low on some drinks by the end of the pregame party

oh and I was in section 232, sat in row 21 and was the first bison fan in that section; every row above me were nothin but bison. I did my part to get the cheers going in 232

Bisonguy
10-24-2007, 03:29 AM
Honestly, I was a little disappointed by the "Let's Go Bison" cheers. I thought they were coordinated a lot better last year.

KilldeerBison
10-24-2007, 04:10 AM
Section 230, row 29, I thought it was awsome! My voice is still messed up.

UTH
10-24-2007, 04:18 AM
Honestly, I was a little disappointed by the "Let's Go Bison" cheers. I thought they were coordinated a lot better last year.

This comment surprises me. Loud as hell in 208 and I could hear sections on the other side of the Metrodome very well. Minnesota fans in 208 were plugging their ears. I was thinking we could use more of the "Let's Go Bison" in the FFD. Please elaborate, Bisonguy?

UTH
10-24-2007, 04:19 AM
Or was it the whole "coordinated" thing that didn't impress you?

HerdBot
10-24-2007, 05:01 AM
1. Quality competition. Minnesota was a big game/big name/big ten conf and this fired people up. This will improve with the Gateway Conf (hopefully) we got a little taste of this with Sam Huston State

2. The People. Those at the Minnesota game wanted to be there and add to the electricity.

3. Alcohol. Yes I said it, generates a different atmosphere. How much money did the Metrodome cash in with $6 beers being sold Saturday? I also heard the Depo ran out of or ran low on some drinks by the end of the pregame party

oh and I was in section 232, sat in row 21 and was the first bison fan in that section; every row above me were nothin but bison. I did my part to get the cheers going in 232

I've never understood why I can't buy a beer at a game. Of course I drink my fair share in the tailgate lot. Some guys in my row snuck in small bottles of whisky.

heckler
10-24-2007, 05:26 AM
Hear Coach on 970 tonight? He said we need to bring that to every home game so the FargoDome is the, "hardest place to play in America." I thought of all those Dome Nazis when he said that.

17>1
10-24-2007, 05:28 AM
I was in section 221 row 9. We saw Roehl run right at us for the answerback touchdown. It got really loud in our section and that was even before the Bison late comers came stumbling up the steps about halfway through the 1st.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-24-2007, 05:30 AM
I've never understood why I can't buy a beer at a game. Of course I drink my fair share in the tailgate lot. Some guys in my row snuck in small bottles of whisky.

I agree...you drink/tailgate before the game then you get inside and by the end of the game you're sober again....Especially when you can get inside 2 hours ahead of time to get a good student section seat...pretty frustrating.

Bison bison
10-24-2007, 12:21 PM
last years post-Minnesota games at the Dome were 'different' than those before-the fans were into it. unfortunately, imo, that didn't translate into this season.

as far as booze, they should at a minimum allow Team Makers a section for a half-time toddy.

lakesbison
10-24-2007, 01:12 PM
SECTION 141 FRONT ROW WAS OFF THE HOOOK!!

LOTS OF NDSU FANS DOWN THERE>

DIDNT SIT THE WHOLE GAME!! what a change from fargodome!!

FARGODOME WILL ALLOW BEER AT BISON GAMES, CHAPMAN SAID NO.

aces1180
10-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Section 140, row 3...I lost my voice.

Ferd
10-24-2007, 01:44 PM
We were in section 235 row 26. The atmosphere was absolutely intoxicating, and I don't drink.

It was fun to watch those holes open up in the line and feel the crowd cheer.

:D

SDbison
10-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the compliment Bisonguy. Me and my cowbell got the NDSU allotment of seating in the upper decks going last year. :D At the Fargotomb, as someone put it, I get hauled out of the game and talked to by the Dome Nazis for the same thing. :mad:

Civil06
10-24-2007, 02:18 PM
I was in Section 133 - Row 7. Bison 50-yard line! Sat next to some very nice Gopher season ticket holders whose grandson is at NDSU. The Gopher fans around me were equally, if not more, impressed by Steve Walker. He was calm and had the touch on nearly every pass.

bisonmike2
10-24-2007, 03:42 PM
217 and my son (2 1/2 yrs old) had a great time screaming. One of the few times I actually encouraged him yelling.

RodentiaX
10-24-2007, 04:15 PM
I thought the stadium seemed fairly quiet, given the size of the crowd until the 4th quarter. I don't know if anyone was at the 2003 Minnesota-Michigan game, now THAT was a loud game. It was so loud it was nearly painful.

CarringtonBison
10-24-2007, 04:37 PM
233 row 16-very loud in the middle of the bison section

BlueBisonRock
10-25-2007, 03:18 AM
Section 231 / 21 - at the back of the Gopher section and at the front of the Bison strip. Standing up was not an issue as I knew the Bison 'had my back'.

90BISON
10-25-2007, 03:36 AM
Made an observation especially late in the game regarding the UM marching band blaring the same note, mostly brass, while we were in their end during our huddle. I don't know how you would even hear the play call in the huddle:confused: I know our band plays in between plays, and isn't half that size, but has to be hugely distracting for an opposing offense:nod:

SlickVic
10-25-2007, 03:40 AM
don't worry about what section i was sitting in

Tatanka
10-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Made an observation especially late in the game regarding the UM marching band blaring the same note, mostly brass, while we were in their end during our huddle. I don't know how you would even hear the play call in the huddle:confused: I know our band plays in between plays, and isn't half that size, but has to be hugely distracting for an opposing offense:nod:
IMO this is pretty weak. Especially since they mic up the band. If you need electronic amplification to make noise to support your defense, that's pretty sad in my book.

90BISON
10-25-2007, 06:36 PM
IMO this is pretty weak. Especially since they mic up the band. If you need electronic amplification to make noise to support your defense, that's pretty sad in my book.

You mean weak like running a "trick" play on your first series, 3 offensive play of the game weak:D

GreenThunder
10-25-2007, 07:31 PM
We should be allowed to have beer at the Fargodome. Ed Schultz won't be there to throw bottles at, so that shouldn't be a problem again. If I remember correctly it was the bottle that hit Ed Shultz at a game that resulted in our home games not allowing booze in the stands.
:cheers:

aces1180
10-25-2007, 08:04 PM
We should be allowed to have beer at the Fargodome. Ed Schultz won't be there to throw bottles at, so that shouldn't be a problem again. If I remember correctly it was the bottle that hit Ed Shultz at a game that resulted in our home games not allowing booze in the stands.

I sure took advantage of the $6 beers at the Metrodome...Actually, a few too many!

But it was well worth it to get a Grain Belt on tap!

roadwarrior
10-25-2007, 08:14 PM
If I remember correctly it was the bottle that hit Ed Shultz at a game that resulted in our home games not allowing booze in the stands.

That incident has nothing to do with having no beer at the games.

90BISON
10-25-2007, 09:04 PM
That incident has nothing to do with having no beer at the games.

No, not in the FFD specifically, but it had a huge impact on the consuming at Dakota Field, which IMO shortly before that incident was almost getting ridiculous (coming from one that was doing some of the consuming). I remember the game after that incident, several blow up beer/wine cooler bottles being batted around the stadium like beach balls and the security trying to intercept them, priceless:D

onbison09
10-25-2007, 10:29 PM
We scared the living sh** out of our cat when Disel scored on the screen pass. Her tail got huge and her ears flattened to her skull. I looked down at my shirt after the game and let's just say my sweat glands work.

97tegls
10-25-2007, 11:45 PM
I was in Section 133 - Row 7. Bison 50-yard line! Sat next to some very nice Gopher season ticket holders whose grandson is at NDSU. The Gopher fans around me were equally, if not more, impressed by Steve Walker. He was calm and had the touch on nearly every pass.

i was in section 218 seat 20 row 13 and that section was awesome... yea there were lazy ass gopher fans that wanted the bison fans sit down and we didnt... well on the topic of nice gopher fans well when we got out to the parking lot north of the dome where we were tailgating and the fan busses were me and my uncle were just sitting outside of his jeep having a beer and we were just talking and then we saw adam webber and his dad walking towards us... talking about a nice kid me and my uncle were just talking to him and telling him to keep his head high and he has alot going for him... for being a freshman and starting qb thats pretty sweet especially coming into a big school like the U... but just to say not all fans from the U may be jackasses but i will say i will give webber props for being a nice kid and taking the time to talk to me and my uncle after the loss...

Tatanka
10-25-2007, 11:56 PM
You mean weak like running a "trick" play on your first series, 3 offensive play of the game weak:D
yes, and yes.

1bizon1
10-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Section 230, row 29, I thought it was awsome! My voice is still messed up.

I think you passed us on the way home Sunday. Do you drive a new Sub?

HerdBot
10-26-2007, 04:25 AM

Back then they didn't make plastic beer bottles and everything was glass. Due to advances in modern technology, alcohol now comes in plastic bottles. They are much safer and anyone can survive a blow to the head. Seriously, we need to sell beer at the games.

Here is how it can be successful.

1) Only sell it during the 1st half. (that gives you 1 1/2 hours or more to sober up)
2) Charge a lot. (for $6-7 a beer I'm not going to drink more than a couple)
3) Set up a designated beer garden. That will discourage people from sitting and getting tanked.

I like the tailgating because your sober after a game. This will keep it similar.

1bizon1
10-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Are we not beating a dead dog again? The rule ( I beleive ) is that no alcohol can be sold at any NCAA event that is being held on campus property. The dome is on campus property. For tailgating events the NCAA can not do anything about what takes place as long as alcohol is sold. Security "looks the other way" and all is fine.

roadwarrior
10-26-2007, 11:56 AM
The dome is technically on city controlled property. Beer is allowed in the parking lots. The decision not to have beer for sale inside the dome was made by NDSU officials.

Northern Colorado has sold beer at their on campus stadium for decades.

90BISON
10-26-2007, 05:04 PM
And after 6 or 8 beers the Bears probably actually start to look like a pretty good team.:p

99Bison
10-26-2007, 05:17 PM
The dome is technically on city controlled property. Beer is allowed in the parking lots. The decision not to have beer for sale inside the dome was made by NDSU officials.

Road again is on target here.

met1990
10-26-2007, 07:47 PM

I remember them having a couple of kegs in front of the student section in Greeley.

SUfan23
10-26-2007, 08:31 PM
I believe the rule is that alcohol can't be served at NCAA championship events...tourneys, playoffs,etc. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I also remember reading somewhere that the NCAA limits the number of alcohol ads they have during their postseason/bowl telecasts.

The decision to sell alcohol at NDSU games rests with the NDSU administration. There's positives and negatives regarding this decision, depending at how you look at it. I do not think though that selling beer at home games would make the dome any louder. It might make the "Let's go Bison" chants more slurred...but probably not any louder. Just my two cents.

roadwarrior
10-26-2007, 10:03 PM
I believe the rule is that alcohol can't be served at NCAA championship events...tourneys, playoffs,etc.

This is correct.