PDA

View Full Version : Keep Bohl & Taylor If We Go Wac/mac?

lakesbison
10-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Don't you think NDSU could keep Coach Bohl & Staff AND Gene Taylor if We made the JUMP to FBS (WAC OR MAC) next year??

I think that's about the only way we keep these 2 around, because staying the course at FCS (WHICH QUITE FRANKLY I AM NOT IMPRESSED WITH!!) NDSU will lose those fine 2 gentlemen.

Im just throwing it out there, face facts, now that we've seen the FCS the past 2 years and DOMINATED IT, why don't we start thinking BIGTIME here in Fargo and make the jump??

Madison, Iowa City, Lincoln Nebraska.... cmon people!!

TransAmBison
10-23-2007, 07:57 PM
No playoff experience...yeah, we've dominated it.

TAILG8R
10-23-2007, 08:03 PM
http://www.drugalcohol-rehab.com/images/smoking-crack-cocaine.jpg
Lakes right before posting.

FromTheEmpire
10-23-2007, 08:04 PM

All schools with Enrollments over 25K. 3 out of 4 FBS wins vs. middle of the road FBS teams doesn't make us qualify for FBS. And where are Idaho, Marshall, Troy, Western Kentucky, etc now since they made the move up? I'd rather win some championships again and still have the chance for our other sports (basketball, volleyball, etc.) to go to the big dances there.

aces1180
10-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Don't you think NDSU could keep Coach Bohl & Staff AND Gene Taylor if We made the JUMP to FBS (WAC OR MAC) next year??

I think that's about the only way we keep these 2 around, because staying the course at FCS (WHICH QUITE FRANKLY I AM NOT IMPRESSED WITH!!) NDSU will lose those fine 2 gentlemen.

Im just throwing it out there, face facts, now that we've seen the FCS the past 2 years and DOMINATED IT, why don't we start thinking BIGTIME here in Fargo and make the jump??

Yeah, the WAC would be nice, but they need to invite us first.

We didn't have an established conference in the FCS, so we created our own. We won't be able to do that in FBS.

Let's win in FCS for a few years and go from there. If Bohl and Taylor leave, good for them. Someone will step in and lead to continue the Bison tradition.

Bisonguy
10-23-2007, 08:22 PM
Three words why NDSU will not move up to the WAC or MAC next year:

Four Year Moratorium.

bisonmike2
10-23-2007, 08:24 PM
Even w/out the moratorium. Dollar bills, y'alll. We would need alot more of them $$$$$$$$$.

aces1180
10-23-2007, 08:30 PM

Four Year Moratorium.

Yes, that too...Haha

SDbison
10-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Even w/out the moratorium. Dollar bills, y'alll. We would need alot more of them $$$$$$$$$.
Just because something is difficult does not make it unworthy. Amazing how many defeatist views there are on this board. I am not proposing NDSU jump into FBS blindly or next year let alone the next 4 years, but why wait 10 or 20 years to even think about it? A good study by the university and AD is warranted to define all the issues so NDSU would be prepared when a move is appropriate.

NDSUFREAK
10-23-2007, 10:20 PM
it is IMPOSSIBLE. NCAA wouldn't allow it and no way would it happen. NO WAY WILL IT EVER HAPPEN THIS EARLY!!!!! IT WON"T HAPPEN NEXT YEAR!!! OR THE NEXT 10 YEARS!!

DenverBison05
10-23-2007, 10:26 PM
it is IMPOSSIBLE. NCAA wouldn't allow it and no way would it happen. NO WAY WILL IT EVER HAPPEN THIS EARLY!!!!! IT WON"T HAPPEN NEXT YEAR!!! OR THE NEXT 10 YEARS!!

What are you talking about? FAU was only in Div I-AA for 2 years before moving up. After the memoratium is over, any team can move up, including NDSU if they want to.

lakesbison
10-23-2007, 10:28 PM
NEXT 10 years??

the topic of this thread WAS, would we keep Bohl & Taylor if we went FBS.

I think we would, but obviously the "aw shucks" crowd will oppose it.

I think the move should've been made to the MAC instead of Gateway in my opinion.

56BISON73
10-23-2007, 11:52 PM
NEXT 10 years??

the topic of this thread WAS, would we keep Bohl & Taylor if we went FBS.

I think we would, but obviously the "aw shucks" crowd will oppose it.

I think the move should've been made to the MAC instead of Gateway in my opinion.

Lakes are you still drunk???
The question is not "would we keep them" if we went FBS but would they STILL be around if and when we go FBS. The other question is HOW do you keep them around untill that time.
Another question on the FBS issue is WHERE will the money come from. The cash infusion that would be needed would be HUGE.
So please dont just sit there flapping your yap that we can just snap our fingers and all will come true as in the land of shambala. PL

Blue
10-23-2007, 11:57 PM
Lakes are you still drunk???
The question is not "would we keep them" if we went FBS but would they STILL be around if and when we go FBS. The other question is HOW do you keep them around untill that time.
Another question on the FBS issue is WHERE will the money come from. The cash infusion that would be needed would be HUGE.
So please dont just sit there flapping your yap that we can just snap our fingers and all will come true as in the land of shambala. PL
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That is hilariously good. Rep points for you PL. Good post.

NDSUFREAK
10-24-2007, 12:40 AM
What are you talking about? FAU was only in Div I-AA for 2 years before moving up. After the memoratium is over, any team can move up, including NDSU if they want to.
key thing is that they live in FLORIDA. I know, Boise State moved up locating in Idaho, but it took them a while to build it up. Remember we still have some band wagon fans with us and we lose a game and those consecutive sellouts that we saw this year and most likely next year aren't guarenteed to happen if we even lose 1 game. we have to establish a big COMMITTED fan base first

heymch86
10-24-2007, 01:53 AM
yeah, i'm curious to see what is going to happen during a 8-3 season or 7-4 year. definitely been spoiled these past two seasons.

X-Factor
10-24-2007, 01:56 AM

Four Year Moratorium.

ok, on another thread I was thinking it was 10 years. :hide:

I must have been either smoking the crack pipe or they were considering different moratorium lengths before they actually set it.

99Bison
10-24-2007, 02:35 AM
yeah, i'm curious to see what is going to happen during a 8-3 season or 7-4 year. definitely been spoiled these past two seasons.

When the seasons are good and tickets start to sell out continuously it breeds more of a sense urgancy and wanting to be a part of it. When it becomes more of an event than just a game to go to. When people really grasp that thw INSTITUTION as a whole is on another level. That is when 8-3 and 7-4 seasons don't matter as much. Not to mention you can still get in the playoffs potentially with those records.

Look at the following other schools like Nebraska have with near .500 seasons, they still sellout their stadiums, they still still have a waiting list for season tickets, etc.

Here's one reason why and where we are going...

NDSU has had the fortune, planning and dedication to have 2 decade long tenures (in progress on number 3 now) of dominance that converts bandwagon to real loyalists. First being in the 60's, second the 80's and now is progress for the current decade. What happens is that each of those decades of greatness add's more permanent fans.

The first couple years of one of these attracts the bandwagon, the remaining years of these take fans on for life. People generally from the age of 10-35 during any of of these spans feel like they have been a part of the success, thus turning them into loyal fans.

For example say you have 5k fans introduced and become hooked in the 60's (currently are now 50+ years old). Then you have 8k from the 80's (currently 30+ years old now). Finally after this next decade you will have 10-20k+ (currently 10-30 years old). So about 10 years from now you will have about 20-30k loyalists fairly "easily."

- There is your soldout fargo dome regardless of a borderline record right there.
- By the time this 3 rendition of excitement is winding down, litterly everyone alive will have been able to have the opportunity to be a part of it at least once in their lifetime.

mebisonII
10-24-2007, 02:33 PM
I have to admit that it does sort of sound like next year the Gateway and the Big Ten should just change subdivisions. :nod: :D

BisonBabe
10-24-2007, 03:12 PM
I for one am happy to be in the FCS rather than the FBS. In the FCS the champion is crowned on the field not in the polls. There is no BS in the CS :p

IBleedYellow
10-24-2007, 09:56 PM
I for one am happy to be in the FCS rather than the FBS. In the FCS the champion is crowned on the field not in the polls. There is no BS in the CS :p

Point and Match ti BisonBabe.

But honestly, I agree with her, in FCS, you actually know who the champion is, unlike the FBS.

SlickVic
10-25-2007, 04:18 AM
key thing is that they live in FLORIDA. I know, Boise State moved up locating in Idaho, but it took them a while to build it up. Remember we still have some band wagon fans with us and we lose a game and those consecutive sellouts that we saw this year and most likely next year aren't guarenteed to happen if we even lose 1 game. we have to establish a big COMMITTED fan base first

thats such a sick pic i'd def give you rep points but i've never really liked any of your posts kid ;)

lakesbison
10-25-2007, 04:31 AM
ARGH... this FCS is boring me already....
.. .... and LETS FACE FACTS

NO ONE IN THE COUNTRY CARES ABOUT THE FCS...

SO I WISH WE WERE IN THE WAC/MAC !!!!!!!

so fire away!

56BISON73
10-25-2007, 04:37 AM

so fire away!

We wish YOU were in WAC/Mac also. :nod:
PL

sambini
10-25-2007, 04:40 AM

so fire away! I think I'll order a WAC or Mountain West hat hmm... You need one Lakes?

SlickVic
10-25-2007, 04:40 AM
We wish YOU were in WAC/Mac also. :nod:
PL

hahaahahahaha....your killin me PL!!!!! my oh my whata wit ;)

lakesbison
10-25-2007, 04:42 AM
you guys kill me..

think small BE SMALL..

we are ALREADY dominating the FCS..... whats the point of even staying in it.

FAU went up to FBS in 2 years!!

SlickVic
10-25-2007, 04:48 AM
you guys kill me..

think small BE SMALL..

PL has ALREADY dominated you in this thread...whats the point of even staying in it??

braveheart
10-25-2007, 09:03 AM
you guys kill me..

think small BE SMALL..

FAU went up to FBS in 2 years!!As much as it pains me to agree with lakes on anything, I have to say I agree with him. The biggest problem that both Dakotas (GOOD-North and bad-south) have is somewhat of an inferiority complex. Joe Chapman has helped us think outside of that little box, but we have a long, long way to go to get to where we should be. We owe a great deal to Joe for getting this whole deal started, but it will be up to the Great People of the Great State of North Dakota to take this to greater heights. Also PL played on a great slowpitch softball team made up of primarily North Dakota guys back in 1972 and 1973. Their sponsor was Cliff Boisjolie owner of the original Sports Bar in Fargo. They were a force to be reckoned with in the region, winning the overall ND state championship in 1972 and piling up tournament championships in the tri-state area. Some of the names who played on those teams were Mike and Greg Bentson, Lorren Henke, Lyle Anderson, Joe Roller, Joe and Nick Cichy, Mike Conzemius, Bill Kiefer all former Bison FB players, Don Glarum and Chuck Lang former Bison Baseball players, Mike Pendergast former Bison trainer, Lyle, Jack and Wayne Gomarko former Mayville State and Ellendale multi-sport athletes, Harvey Preble former Ellendale multi- sport athlete. Mike Brash, Bob Kuhl and Arnie Opp to name a couple of others. We had the talent to compete on a regional and national level back then when some people said it couldn't be done. It is interesting that some of those same thoughts exist about our state today. Our Great State of North Dakota has only just begun!:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)BIG TEN BABY, WE have already proved we can compete, FB defeated the goofers and BB defeated the badgers.

56BISON73
10-25-2007, 11:24 AM
you guys kill me..

think small BE SMALL..

Ive seen you. You are small. If you were 2 inches shorter you would be a midget. :nod: :D

But back to football. We havent dominated squat. When we win a few REAL conference championships and may be even a National Championship then I will say we have arrived. A winning record over two years isnt domination. PL

BisonBabe
10-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Ive seen you. You are small. If you were 2 inches shorter you would be a midget. :nod: :D

But back to football. We havent dominated squat. When we win a few REAL conference championships and may be even a National Championship then I will say we have arrived. A winning record over two years isnt domination. PL

Exactly. It would be better to see where we are in 5-10 years before we make the jump.

But as I stated before I am quite happy with the Championship Subdivision where we can earn the top spot through games we play rather than a popularity contest with the media.

mebisonII
10-25-2007, 02:35 PM
I'll take the rather unpopular position of saying I think its borderline immoral to start paying football coaches in seven-digit figures. As much as I like anything that pushes Fargo forward, I would have a tough time swallowing an athletic budget that big. Say what you want about football being self-supporting or some such thing, I just think its wrong for an educational institution to spend that much on something that is (largely) not education related.

I know that's the way it is. But I wish it wasn't.

$0.02

tcbison
10-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Would it be possible for the Team Makers to raise money for Coach Bohl? I believe there are 7,000 season ticket holders and if everyone would chip in $100. That would be $700,000. Even if Coach Bohl would move on I think it would be worth it as a way to thanks. Just a thought.

Bison bison
10-25-2007, 02:58 PM
tc, my family isn't giving $400 a year for someone's salary.

that's a big difference than giving $1000/year for a student-athlete scholarship.

56BISON73
10-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Would it be possible for the Team Makers to raise money for Coach Bohl? I believe there are 7,000 season ticket holders and if everyone would chip in $100. That would be $700,000. Even if Coach Bohl would move on I think it would be worth it as a way to thanks. Just a thought.

Many of the Big FBS schools booster clubs pay a portion of the FB coaches salary. Thats why they have so much influence over who is hired and who is fired.
I dont think raising the ticket prices 5-10 dollars would be out of line. Then the cost is spread out over everyone. PL

Bison bison
10-25-2007, 03:14 PM
I don't think the average fan would stomach a $5/$10 ticket increase today.

A buck or two, absolutely.

If we establish ourselves as a perennial top-ten team-absolutely.

tcbison
10-25-2007, 03:19 PM
Ok, Hammersmith did a good job of explaining how this works here...

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11210&page=4

You can disregard my message...

56BISON73
10-25-2007, 03:33 PM
I don't think the average fan would stomach a $5/$10 ticket increase today.

A buck or two, absolutely.

If we establish ourselves as a perennial top-ten team-absolutely.

I dont think the avg fan would mind 5.00. They pay 3.00 to park, 3.75 for a hotdog,2.50 for soda at the game plus all the other stuff nuts, popcorn. dipin dots. 40.00 for a sweat shirt, 50.00 for a polo. 18.00 for a t-shirt.
5 home games at 5.00 is 25.00. 5 at 10.00 is only 50.00.
If you want big time football the money has to come from somewhere. PL

RodentiaX
10-25-2007, 04:54 PM
TV is a potential revenue source, if it can be properly tapped. With the Fargodome packed to the gills, there's a lot of room for TV coverage without putting attendance at risk.

onbison09
10-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Amen for the voice of reason.

TAILG8R
10-26-2007, 02:13 PM
I dont think the avg fan would mind 5.00. They pay 3.00 to park, 3.75 for a hotdog,2.50 for soda at the game plus all the other stuff nuts, popcorn. dipin dots. 40.00 for a sweat shirt, 50.00 for a polo. 18.00 for a t-shirt.
5 home games at 5.00 is 25.00. 5 at 10.00 is only 50.00.
If you want big time football the money has to come from somewhere. PL

You could say that is precisely why $5 is too much. When you have to pay $3 to park and $5 for dippin dots and buy a foam hand and a football and then get a crappy Pepsi for $2.50. Then multiply that by 3-4 four per family. Things add up fast.

RodentiaX
10-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Who eats Dippin Dots at a ball game? You eat hot dogs at a ball game. If you want something sweet, you get a box of Cracker Jacks or perhaps a Malt Cup. But seriously, revenue has to come from somewhere. What the fans pay is a portion of this, but you can't ask them to bear all of the burden.

lakesbison
10-26-2007, 03:44 PM
MY GOD.. $5 more is a FREAKIN DRINK AT A BAR!

I'd say raise em $10 and give BOHL $250,000.

56BISON73
10-26-2007, 05:33 PM
You could say that is precisely why $5 is too much. When you have to pay $3 to park and $5 for dippin dots and buy a foam hand and a football and then get a crappy Pepsi for $2.50. Then multiply that by 3-4 four per family. Things add up fast.

Its all a matter of priorities. Watch a great football team or spend your money on dipin dots???? IMO 25.00 a ticket is cheap considering the product. But hey thats just me. PL

56BISON73
10-26-2007, 05:36 PM
MY GOD.. $5 more is a FREAKIN DRINK AT A BAR!

I'd say raise em $10 and give BOHL $250,000.

Lakes :banghead: I actually have to agree with you on this. Damn Im even going to give you a rep.:banghead: :D PL

TAILG8R
10-26-2007, 06:36 PM
But again, how many people do you pay for when you go to a game? We want everyone in the state of ND to back Bison Football, these people have families. Not everyone going to these games is single or buys just two tickets. I see a lot of families of 4-5 siting in the stands when I am at the game. So think of what it costs you to get to a game and what you spend then multiply that by 5. Every little bit adds up.

I'm not saying that increasing tickets sales is all bad, but I don't think it is a no brainer. Attendance has been outstanding this year and that's great. If ticket prices went up next year you would run the risk of people feeling like they are being taken advantage of. Let's sell out games for a few years before we start raising ticket prices across the board.

TransAmBison
10-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Lakes :banghead: I actually have to agree with you on this. Damn Im even going to give you a rep.:banghead: :D PL
And I thought I'd live to a ripe old age and NEVER hear that phrase...Must go lie down. :confused:

56BISON73
10-26-2007, 07:03 PM
But again, how many people do you pay for when you go to a game? We want everyone in the state of ND to back Bison Football, these people have families. Not everyone going to these games is single or buys just two tickets. I see a lot of families of 4-5 siting in the stands when I am at the game. So think of what it costs you to get to a game and what you spend then multiply that by 5. Every little bit adds up.

I'm not saying that increasing tickets sales is all bad, but I don't think it is a no brainer. Attendance has been outstanding this year and that's great. If ticket prices went up next year you would run the risk of people feeling like they are being taken advantage of. Let's sell out games for a few years before we start raising ticket prices across the board.

Yes I know there are families that are 4-5 strong. But are you going to stop raising money because of that??? No. Look at the movies and what they charge for an hour and a half. + Popcorn and pop for the kiddies.
Considering that people pay for WATER I dont think raising ticket prices is out of line to help pay the coaches alittle more money. Now as you say some might find it a little harder on the pocket book but thats something that comes up in life everyday. PL

56BISON73
10-26-2007, 07:05 PM
And I thought I'd live to a ripe old age and NEVER hear that phrase...Must go lie down. :confused:

Hey what happened??? I must have blacked out. I hope I didnt do anything stupid?????:nod: PL

RodentiaX
10-26-2007, 08:21 PM
It's a business decision what the ticket prices ought to be. If you're regularly selling out the stadium, you can probably afford to raise ticket prices without impacting attendance. Raise it too much, or too much too fast, and you risk attendance suffering.

Perhaps sponsors might be persuaded to pony up more cash to have their name associated with the Bison.

bisonmike2
10-26-2007, 08:24 PM
sell beer. $6 bucks a beer and $1 goes toward the Keep Craig Bohl Fund. Problem solved. I'd drink a beer or 5 to keep Bohl around.:nod:

TAILG8R
10-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Sponsorship prices going up and advertising prices being raised makes the most sense to me, at least initially. Look at the number of fans at the games vs years past. I would like to know the number of tv viewers this year compared to years past also. NDSU can turn to those that buy different types of advertising in different areas and show them the numbers. X more people are seeing your ad, compared to y from last year.

NDSUFREAK
10-26-2007, 10:31 PM
I must say something more that we need to show our appreciation of Coach Bohl now to again let him know how much we want him to stay. The Students do it every home game by chanting his name. at the end of the season we should all AT LEAST give him a standing ovation at the Teammakers luncheon

CaBisonFan
10-27-2007, 03:47 AM

A university like Southern Florida didn't have a program until 11 years ago. Programs like that don't have the hoops to jump through. Programs like ours are made to jump through major hoops.

It's not fair. It's not right.

But the wall is there. I could see this happening someday. I'm with you...but for now, I think that we'll be in the Gateway for quite a while. If the Gateway were to get into discussions about moving up eventually, then I could see the possibility...down the road. Not sure how long.

braveheart
10-28-2007, 10:20 AM
A university like Southern Florida didn't have a program until 11 years ago. Programs like that don't have the hoops to jump through. Programs like ours are made to jump through major hoops.

It's not fair. It's not right.

But the wall is there. I could see this happening someday. I'm with you...but for now, I think that we'll be in the Gateway for quite a while. If the Gateway were to get into discussions about moving up eventually, then I could see the possibility...down the road. Not sure how long.The Gateway will just be a short stopover on our way to another destination, to be determined at a later date, but not that far into the future. Sorry Gordy!

lakesbison
10-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Like Next Year!!

Wac Attack!!!

gumby013
10-29-2007, 07:50 PM
There are rumors coming from Boise State that they want to move from the WAC to the Mountain West. That leaves an opening...

Bison bison
10-29-2007, 07:59 PM
I like the Gateway/Summit combination a lot. It gives NDSU athletes challenging conferences within which to compete in the areas where NDSU has a lot of alumni as well as potential recruits, both student-athletes and good ole regular students.

The only established conference we might have a shot at is the WAC if there are major defections: Fresno State, Boise State, and LA Tech. However, that would change NDSU from being an Upper Midwest institution to a western one, and I don't know if I like that.

[I have a scenario where the three above schools leave the WAC and NDSU, SDSU, Portland State, CP, Montana State and Davis join. There would be a bunch of land-grant schools, including Hawaii, Nevada, Utah State, New Mexico State, and Idado. And it would be relatively competitive. Bust the monkey into two parts, with six teams in the head, half-a-dozen in the tail and travel isn't that big of a deal. NDSU/SDSU/MSU/Idaho/Utah/NMSU.]

[Better yet would be NDSU somehow getting into the Missouri Valley in a decade or so.....]

lakesbison
01-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Boise State is thinking about Mountain West AGAIN!

Cmon!! open a spot up for NDSU!!!

i was reading this thread, great stuff!!

DORMIE
01-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Like the famous King Roadwarrior, Ken Lien once said "Talk is cheap, but it takes money to buy whiskey." Why don't all of you that do all the talking and havn't raides a dollar for Teammakers, form a team this year and see how much you can raise. LAKES, you can be in charge. D1 is another 22 scholarshipe + at least one additional assistant coach. Last yeat we raised $1,700,000.00. They need more next year. They will slowly raise prices, as we were so bad for awhile they couldn't be raised. $1,005.00 for 2 tickets on the 35 is as much as I can handle. I have a WAC hat, but that's the wrong direction to go. We are where we should be at this time. The Missouri Valley is our goal, especially if they adopt football down the road.

wilson
01-07-2008, 05:09 PM
yeah right, I'm sure they would probably take Montana first before NDSU. Neither of which is gonna happenn for a long long time, if ever.

Bison bison
01-07-2008, 07:05 PM
I think a Boise/Fresno less WAC would be a perfect home for the Bison.

Gully
01-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Like the famous King Roadwarrior, Ken Lien once said "Talk is cheap, but it takes money to buy whiskey." Why don't all of you that do all the talking and havn't raides a dollar for Teammakers, form a team this year and see how much you can raise. LAKES, you can be in charge. D1 is another 22 scholarshipe + at least one additional assistant coach. Last yeat we raised $1,700,000.00. They need more next year. They will slowly raise prices, as we were so bad for awhile they couldn't be raised. $1,005.00 for 2 tickets on the 35 is as much as I can handle. I have a WAC hat, but that's the wrong direction to go. We are where we should be at this time. The Missouri Valley is our goal, especially if they adopt football down the road.

"We were so bad for awhile".....compared to what, the 72 Dolphins? I know of one bad season in my lifetime.....Babich's last year.

Hammerhead
01-13-2008, 04:42 AM
Sign me up for a bball road trip to Hawaii in the winter. :-)

There would be a bunch of land-grant schools, including Hawaii, Nevada, Utah State, New Mexico State, and Idado. And it would be relatively competitive. Bust the monkey into two parts, with six teams in the head, half-a-dozen in the tail and travel isn't that big of a deal. NDSU/SDSU/MSU/Idaho/Utah/NMSU.]

[Better yet would be NDSU somehow getting into the Missouri Valley in a decade or so.....]

imported_Bisongold
01-13-2008, 04:53 AM
What am I missing here?

CaBisonFan
01-14-2008, 08:10 PM

As much as I'd like to see the Bison in the FBS...I don't think that the time has arrived. 8 to 10 years in the FCS...minimum...with a couple of large pieces of hardware in the case...and 4 or 5 Gateway championships...and solid growth in the FM area...and then I'd say "go." The Gateway...soon to be the Missouri Valley Conference (by some reports)...might make the move up someday, or at least several of the teams. To me, that would be the logical and most effective way. But the WAC would be fun.

Bison101
01-14-2008, 11:50 PM

I'm gonna have to think about this one.....:confused: :confused:

Bison bison
01-15-2008, 03:46 PM
pretty sure Bohl and Taylor would be gone if jumped to the BCS right now.

don't know how long they'd stick around after their checks started bouncing.