PDA

View Full Version : Bohl...or no Bohl...That is Not the Question

CaBisonFan
10-23-2007, 06:31 AM
The talk about Craig Bohl leaving will intensify in the coming weeks and months. It's my opinion that he will be leaving the Bison program within the next year. If he stays one more year to take a stab at the FCS championship...so be it. Good

But if he doesn't...you know what? Good for him...and good for the Bison.

Good for the Bison?

Yeah...good for the Bison.

It's good for the Bison because we will attract...or keep...someone else that has the ambition and the brains to do the job well.

'When' he leaves...it's my hope that we can return to the old method of keeping one or two of the assistants onboard. And it's a damned nice board...meaning a springboard to a DI job of their choosing.

Please don't misunderstand.

I am a huge fan of Craig Bohl.

But he 'will' leave sooner than later. I would too. If I had his savy for coaching, I'd take the Nebraska job in a heartbeat. The timing is perfect for the next real coach to come in and rescue the Cornhuskers. That's how it works. There's always one or two sacrificial lambs after a legendary coach leaves. He'll make several million a year, be given a house, a car, and a ticket to the state. And he'll have a chance to win the big prize on the big stage.

My idol...John Wooden, from UCLA...left in 1975 (I think) when the Bruins had won their 10th national championship in 12 years...and 7 in a row.

I love this. He was asked why he was resigning...the answer? "Because of alumni pressure." What???!!!! "Yes...alumni pressure."

OK coach..."so what was your best team?" Wooden: "1963." Media: "But coach...you went 14-13 that year. What do you mean?"

Wooden: "They were my best....TEAM. Those boys gave everything of themselves and gave 100 percent every minute of every practice and every game. They were champions."

The media in LA became over-involved analysts for the next 30 years. (See Sid Hartman...and one Fargo sports editorialist-wanna-be-Sid)

UCLA has been looking for his replacement since 1975. They may have 'finally' decided that the current coach is OK. Just OK. Good...but not great...OK.

Back to Bohl.

He will leave.

Chapman and Taylor will handle it correctly. The Bison will be fine.

North Dakota State is 'now' recognized nationally...on the big field. It's a done deal. An assistant can take over...win for 4-6 years...and then go after a bigger contract and position. Then bring on the next generation.

Nebraska made a HUUUUGGGGGGGEEEEEEE mistake by letting go of the guys that had connections to Osborne. They thought that hiring a professional coach would bring them into the new era. They were wrong. Solich wasn't good enough for them. They wanted a national chamionship...now! Solich was a winner...but he was a sacrificial lamb too. Bohl was there. He's a winner. He went out and found a great job in Fargo.

Bohl's influence will never leave.

Let's take a lesson from Minnesota. Having lived near the cities and teaching there for many years, I can't even begin to explain how angry I became over the simplistic attitude that permeated from Sid Hartman. If it was possible...Sid became involved and messed with everyone's mind. Worst of all...he messed with the minds of the players. He is the most grossly over-involved media person that I've ever seen. He has become a part of the Gopher fabric to the point where he has hurt them. There is one writer in Fargo that would dearly love to live up to Sid's model. "Sid...my hero...I'd love to write garbage about the Bison just like you do in Minneapolis."

That attitude, is what Wooden was describing. When the media and an element of fans try to over-analyze and to influence things too much...what do you get? The Bison played against it this past Saturday.

And my friends...don't let a Minnesotan tell you that this was the worst Gopher team ever. That, simply...is not true. It's the Hartman way of supporting a team. They have learned the art of making excuses for everything. If it wasn't the turf, it was an injury to one key player, or a stupid mistake by one 19-year old kid, or someone's grandfather died and his head wasn't in it, or the fish weren't biting, or his good friend Bobby Knight and him had dinner the other night, or the geniuses at the U of M really don't want a winner, or, or, or, .......ah.....bullshit!

If that 'idiot' and his friends would just get out of the way, Minnesota would be better off for it. It's just that Gopher fans are so used to his numbing simplicity that they don't know what to do.

That was a 'typical' Gopher team that we saw on Saturday. Perhaps a little undermanned compared to some years...but typical. Those players don't get to play for the joy of playing. They simply must win...even though no one is there to teach them or to protect them. The fans simply don't get it. They live in the world of Sid Hartman. It's sad for the players. It's sad for the great state of Minnesota. It's sad for the great people of Minnesota. And it's a place where good coaches go to die. I watched Glen Mason in the Big Ten Network studios that day. He worked really hard at it...but that kind of smile isn't easy to hide.

Read a Wooden book. If you haven't...you've missed part of life. He's a genius.

PS - YOU GUYS ROCKED THE DAMN HOUSE AT THE BAGGIE !!!!!!! IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE. YOU SOUNDED LIKE ONE OF THEM THAR SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE HOME CROWDS...YA KNOW...LIKE LSU, ALABAMA, FLORIDA, FLORIDA STATE, AUBURN.....ETC. I WAS DYING DOWN HERE IN CALIFORNIA...BUT YOU GUYS BROUGHT THE HOUSE TO ME OVER THE AIRWAVES. THAT...IS WHAT WILL KEEP THIS PROGRAM GOING. BEING FANS. DON'T LET A SID HARTMAN WANNA-BE TAKE OVER...EVER. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T REALIZE IT...YOU HAVE AN APPLICANT WRITING FOR ONE OF THE PAPERS IN FARGO. DROWN HIM OUT...FOREVER !!

One more - How to answer a disgruntled (opponent) fan when they tell you that they're just glad they don't live in Fargo? Tell them..."I'm glad too." (wink)

Sorry for the ramblings. I'm still on a 'high.'

supercoolbisonfan
10-23-2007, 12:51 PM
I have to agree with your statement. I really don't want to see Bohl go, but I'm now hearing his name mentioned in the national media when it comes to Nebraska. And even though I want Bohl to stay, if I were in his shoes, I'd jump at the chance to coach one of the (used to be) premier teams in the Big Twelve.

As for Sid and Minnesota- Sid is just full of crap, end of story. This was the guy who had Minnesota beating the Bison by two touchdowns last weekend. "Wow! What a great sports mind!" My dad loves Sid because he loves Minnesota Sports. Well, I love Minnesota Sports too. I've been a Twins and Vikings :( fan as long as I can remember. But when it comes to the gophers, I just never felt the need to get on that bandwagon. Too many disappointments.

In my opinion, NDSU not only had the better football team on Saturday, it had the better PROGRAM. And that's something Sid will never admit to.

NDSUguy
10-23-2007, 12:56 PM
I think that Bohl will eventually leave but I don't think that it will be for the nebraska job.... While Osborne is now the AD, they still have a very capable coach in Callahan. The old AD there has been the issue -- not the head coach. I believe that Osborne will keep Callahan for at least 1 more year.

Now regarding Bohl. I truly believe that he will stay through next year. He has said many times that he wants to win a national championship with NDSU. I think that if he were to complete that task he would be setting himself up for a much much much bigger job than the CSU or Nebraska head coaching spots. I think that he's looking for the high profile job.

roper1313
10-23-2007, 01:33 PM
I think that Bohl will eventually leave but I don't think that it will be for the nebraska job.... While Osborne is now the AD, they still have a very capable coach in Callahan. The old AD there has been the issue -- not the head coach. I believe that Osborne will keep Callahan for at least 1 more year.

Now regarding Bohl. I truly believe that he will stay through next year. He has said many times that he wants to win a national championship with NDSU. I think that if he were to complete that task he would be setting himself up for a much much much bigger job than the CSU or Nebraska head coaching spots. I think that he's looking for the high profile job.

There aren't many jobs much higher profile than Nebraska. When was there last title, 2003? The Huskers may have fallen on hard times during the past 4 years, but not to call it a high profile job is rediculous. Just the fact that you are comparing Nebraska to CSU shows how terrible of a job Callahan has done down in Lincoln.

IMO, Nebraska is Bohl's dream job, and if it came with Osborne's blessings the flack from "Husker Nation" would be minimal. Let's keep Bohl around long enough to win a Gateway championship and a NCAA championship in 2008 and then in 2011 or 2012 we can pack 10-20,000 bison faithful in Memorial Stadium and watch our Bison pull an App St. like victory over a Craig Bohl led top 10 Cornhusker team!!

imabison
10-23-2007, 01:59 PM

There is one thing for certain, we will not know that Craig Bohl is leaving prior to the official announcement. He has already stated that he will never answer any questions.

Ferd
10-23-2007, 02:18 PM
There is one thing for certain, we will not know that Craig Bohl is leaving prior to the official announcement. He has already stated that he will never answer any questions.

And more power to him!

I don't think Coach is LOOKING for another job, but, if a great opportunity opens for him, AND he wants to go there... he should go with our blessings and appreciation for what he has done here.

bisonaudit
10-23-2007, 02:29 PM
You make all kind of sense until you start talking about the media.

Sid's a walking, talking, ink stained disaster but that has exactly zero to do with the performance of Minnesota's teams on the field, and to imply that anyone in the Fargo media has the kind of power that you've falsely attributed to Sid is total rubbish.

bisonmike2
10-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Does anyone think that all the speculation will hurt recruiting? A kid in high school can't really think that Bohl will be around here in 5 years and does that factor into their decision process. Personally I hope Bohl goes the Tressel route. Dominate here at NDSU for several years and leave no doubt in anyone's mind how good of football coach he is.

gopherz
10-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Very good about Bohl, +REP for that but after that you went on to blame Sid Hartman for the Gophers problems, HAHAH!!

NDSUguy
10-23-2007, 04:12 PM
There aren't many jobs much higher profile than Nebraska. When was there last title, 2003? The Huskers may have fallen on hard times during the past 4 years, but not to call it a high profile job is rediculous. Just the fact that you are comparing Nebraska to CSU shows how terrible of a job Callahan has done down in Lincoln.

IMO, Nebraska is Bohl's dream job, and if it came with Osborne's blessings the flack from "Husker Nation" would be minimal. Let's keep Bohl around long enough to win a Gateway championship and a NCAA championship in 2008 and then in 2011 or 2012 we can pack 10-20,000 bison faithful in Memorial Stadium and watch our Bison pull an App St. like victory over a Craig Bohl led top 10 Cornhusker team!!

My comments were not meant to belittle Nebraska as not being a high profile job. I mentioned Nebraska primarily to say that Callahan will not be fired after this season. Personally, I don't think that Bohl would even want the Nebraska job (considering that there will be other vacancies that will be available). I think that Bohl will want to stick around until he can find a situation that is good for his style of coaching.

I also think that going deep into the playoffs or possibly winning a FCS championship would put him in position to get the job of his choosing.

bisonhusker
10-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Please relax about Bohl to Nebraska, you can trust me (if you'd like), that he will not be going back to Nebraska. I know this has been in print lately, I saw a Denver post article yesterday as well, but he is not going back. He will take a big job sooner than later, but it won't be at Nebraska. Thanks.

SlickVic
10-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Please relax about Bohl to Nebraska, you can trust me (if you'd like), that he will not be going back to Nebraska. I know this has been in print lately, I saw a Denver post article yesterday as well, but he is not going back. He will take a big job sooner than later, but it won't be at Nebraska. Thanks.

if touchdown tommy wants him he's gone...and i really don't see who else tommy would hire, i don't believe he has to many other coaching disciples...if he does i've never heard of them...i think its either touchdown tommy shows some stones, takes over and turns the thing around himself, or he hires his boy bohl...bohl's big time and he knows it...colorado state has no chance

Shawn-O
10-23-2007, 05:26 PM
if touchdown tommy wants him he's gone...and i really don't see who else tommy would hire, i don't believe he has to many other coaching disciples...if he does i've never heard of them...i think its either touchdown tommy shows some stones, takes over and turns the thing around himself, or he hires his boy bohl...bohl's big time and he knows it...colorado state has no chance

Bo Pellini will get an interview.

SlickVic
10-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Bo Pellini will get an interview.

don't think he'll even need an interview to get the job...at LSU

CaBisonFan
10-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Very good about Bohl, +REP for that but after that you went on to blame Sid Hartman for the Gophers problems, HAHAH!!

I blamed him because he 'is' a part of the problem with athletics in the Twin Cities. He does something similar to the Vikings. He has too much power and influence. He has enough power to affect the hiring and firing of coaches. He writes short blurps about how a 'kid' did something to lose the game. He writes about their personal lives. He treats college kids like they're thick-skinned mature adults & professional athletes.

You can deny this...but I lived in MN for nearly 20 years, I'm a Gophers fan, and I saw how he works. He 'is' a part of the media that is over-involved in Minneapolis. I couldn't think of a worse situation for an inexperienced head coach to go into (in football & basketball). Glen Mason handled it about as well as anyone has.

Sid adds fuel to the fire of a lot of things. His prediction of a blowout against the Bison added fuel to the NDSU fire. He 'does' affect the Gophers. He 'has' been doing this for decades.

He's not the total problem...but he is a huge influence. Instead of trying to destroy the leaders at the U of M for trying to run a real research institution, he should be embracing it and praising them.

Sid blames everyone for the Gophers' problems. He'd blame a 3 year old child if he felt like it. He's kind of like a Rush Limbaugh.

The media is very powerful in Minneapolis. They place every single Minnesota player and coach under an inappropriate microscope. If you don't believe it, then you're a part of the problem.

That's just fine.

Bison > Sioux
10-24-2007, 02:58 AM
My gut says he stays - it's gotta feel pretty good being on top in Fargo. Why trade that for the pressure of a top program? Nebraska would eat him alive if he didn't produce immediately - and I don't think he's being considered in the first place.

If he gets offered a huge pile of money, well... I suppose most of us would be tempted, and if he takes it -good for him, he deserves it.

Sure would like to see him stay, though.

CaBisonFan
10-24-2007, 03:41 AM
My gut says he stays - it's gotta feel pretty good being on top in Fargo. Why trade that for the pressure of a top program? Nebraska would eat him alive if he didn't produce immediately - and I don't think he's being considered in the first place.

If he gets offered a huge pile of money, well... I suppose most of us would be tempted, and if he takes it -good for him, he deserves it.

Sure would like to see him stay, though.

I'd like to see him stay too...and I sincerely hope that you're right. Maybe you are.

IBleedYellow
10-24-2007, 04:06 AM

Half true, Sid Hartman just has problems...

And do you know how much they Pay Bohl per year?

I wouldn't be far from saying he's one of the top paid coaches in the FCS. He get a Fargo Country Club Membership, all the Revenues from Marketing and Camps, about $50,000 per year into his some account for savings, or some bond thing, a car, not sure about a house (don't think so, could be wrong.) And then on top of that he gets his check, with bonuses for going into the playoffs. I'd say he's putting $375,000 in his bank in CASH every year. Not to mention the cash that is being put away into that account, the car, etc.

Yes, I know these numbers could be off, I remember hearing them a while ago after a teammaker meeting. And I know he can get paid millions to work @ a place like Nebraska, but don't think that we aren't paying him well, for he is.

roadwarrior
10-24-2007, 04:09 AM
Divide that number in half and you are close.

CaBisonFan
10-24-2007, 05:56 AM
Half true, Sid Hartman just has problems...

And do you know how much they Pay Bohl per year?

I wouldn't be far from saying he's one of the top paid coaches in the FCS. He get a Fargo Country Club Membership, all the Revenues from Marketing and Camps, about $50,000 per year into his some account for savings, or some bond thing, a car, not sure about a house (don't think so, could be wrong.) And then on top of that he gets his check, with bonuses for going into the playoffs. I'd say he's putting $375,000 in his bank in CASH every year. Not to mention the cash that is being put away into that account, the car, etc.

Yes, I know these numbers could be off, I remember hearing them a while ago after a teammaker meeting. And I know he can get paid millions to work @ a place like Nebraska, but don't think that we aren't paying him well, for he is.

I didn't mean to say that Bohl isn't paid well. Sorry if I offended you with that. I know that the teammakers and a lot of people work hard to pay for this program.

But...

...the potential at a program like Nebraska is, as you wrote, huge in terms of money.

I could be wrong about this. He's a Lincoln, NE kid, so his heart is probably there in many respects. But he also saw the brutality that Solich was treated with.

Those monster programs are very cool when they're working...but if the monster ain't happy...it can turn on you in a hurry.

For Bohl's sake, I hope that he thinks carefully about all of that. He couldn't find a better situation than he has right now if you add the whole thing up. There's pressure to win at SU, but people are mostly sane about it. Cornhusker fans aren't rational about winning and losing. They expect to be in a major bowl game 3 out of 4 years...and to play for the national championship a few times each decade. If you don't achieve it, you're history...and you're going to be miserable while you're going down. Tom Osborne was abused for years there. Then he finally got 2 or 3 rings...and he's a folk hero now.

I wouldn't want one of those jobs.

But the old ego can get the best of a lot of people. If Nebraska called...it would be really tough to turn down. Hell...I'd probably be stupid enough to take it even if it was above my head.

I'd like to see Bohl in Fargo for 10 or 15 more years. We'd have 3 or 4 FCS championship banners if he did...no doubt.

Your point is well taken.

Bison_Pride
10-24-2007, 07:24 AM
Whatever you do please don't use the call-in shows to discuss when he's leaving. He DOESN'T want to discuss it, how many times does he have to explain it.

And no, he will not go back to Nebraska, he's not wanted there. He will not go to a team which cannot be a contender, that eliminates about 80 teams or so. And he will not go to the first team that offers him a little more money, he's already demonstrated that when he turned down the Stanford job.

It would be my guess that Craig cares more about his assistant coaches than how much he is making. He makes enough already to be comfortable at NDSU, but the assistants he takes with him would be in for huge pay raises at major DIA schools.

IBleedYellow
10-24-2007, 09:52 PM
I didn't mean to say that Bohl isn't paid well. Sorry if I offended you with that. I know that the teammakers and a lot of people work hard to pay for this program.

But...

...the potential at a program like Nebraska is, as you wrote, huge in terms of money.

I could be wrong about this. He's a Lincoln, NE kid, so his heart is probably there in many respects. But he also saw the brutality that Solich was treated with.

Those monster programs are very cool when they're working...but if the monster ain't happy...it can turn on you in a hurry.

For Bohl's sake, I hope that he thinks carefully about all of that. He couldn't find a better situation than he has right now if you add the whole thing up. There's pressure to win at SU, but people are mostly sane about it. Cornhusker fans aren't rational about winning and losing. They expect to be in a major bowl game 3 out of 4 years...and to play for the national championship a few times each decade. If you don't achieve it, you're history...and you're going to be miserable while you're going down. Tom Osborne was abused for years there. Then he finally got 2 or 3 rings...and he's a folk hero now.

I wouldn't want one of those jobs.

But the old ego can get the best of a lot of people. If Nebraska called...it would be really tough to turn down. Hell...I'd probably be stupid enough to take it even if it was above my head.

I'd like to see Bohl in Fargo for 10 or 15 more years. We'd have 3 or 4 FCS championship banners if he did...no doubt.

Your point is well taken.

None taken, and I agree with those points, I just take a man's word coming from his own mouth than from someone judging him. Ya know?

And, I mainly threw those numbers out there so that people could know how much he gets paid. :)

Hammersmith
10-24-2007, 10:12 PM
None taken, and I agree with those points, I just take a man's word coming from his own mouth than from someone judging him. Ya know?

And, I mainly threw those numbers out there so that people could know how much he gets paid. :)

I'm pretty sure you got parts of Bohl's and Chapman's contracts mixed up. The $50,000 per year into an annuity received after retirement, is part of Chapman's additional incentives from the NDSU Development Foundation. I don't believe Bohl recieves anything like it. I think Bohl tops out at about $160,000-$180,000 with all incentives. (Besides, why would there be incentives for making the playoffs at this point?)

EmeraldCityBison
10-24-2007, 10:26 PM
If salary is a big factor in keeping Bohl what would you think of this:

Add $5 per game ticket as a "coach surcharge" so to speak.

x 19,000 tickets per game
x 6 home games per season

= $570,000

Add that to his present salary and he's pushing .75 mil. I'd be willing if salary meant that much to him. But I think he likes where he's at and wants to win a championship. No way he leaves before next year.

IBleedYellow
10-25-2007, 01:08 AM
I'm pretty sure you got parts of Bohl's and Chapman's contracts mixed up. The $50,000 per year into an annuity received after retirement, is part of Chapman's additional incentives from the NDSU Development Foundation. I don't believe Bohl recieves anything like it. I think Bohl tops out at about $160,000-$180,000 with all incentives. (Besides, why would there be incentives for making the playoffs at this point?)

That's not what I've been told, makes sense, but not what I've been told.

Hammersmith
10-25-2007, 01:42 AM
From April of 2005(Forum article):

That most likely puts the $117,000 NDSU’s Craig Bohl makes in the upper tier of Division I-AA.

Bohl’s total package, which includes camps and coaches shows, is believed to be in the $150,000 range, a figure Taylor said is in line with the top Division I-AA programs like the University of Montana.

From November of 2005:

One of those bigger programs -- Division I-AA North Dakota State -- signed football coach Craig Bohl to a seven-year, $124,000 base salary contract this year.

I believe the Nov 2005 contract is still in force. That would put Bohl's total package at about $160,000, maybe a bit more. Nowhere near the $300,000+ you were throwing around.

IBleedYellow
10-25-2007, 01:57 AM
Well, the facts are on your side. Even though it wasn't really a fight...

SlickVic
10-25-2007, 03:28 AM
From April of 2005(Forum article):

From November of 2005:

I believe the Nov 2005 contract is still in force. That would put Bohl's total package at about $160,000, maybe a bit more. Nowhere near the $300,000+ you were throwing around.

that's pretty pathetic

BisBison
10-25-2007, 03:47 AM
that's pretty pathetic

agreed slick. On the radio this Tuesday Gene said that after the season was over he and the Coach will be visiting about his contract. At least to add playoff and championship bonuses if not the base salary. Good to hear. We can't keep him if he goes for a 7 fig job that's a good job, (read not Minn), but we can do what we can to keep him happy while he's here. Plus he deserves it, he runs a class program top to bottom.

SlickVic
10-25-2007, 03:50 AM
agreed slick. On the radio this Tuesday Gene said that after the season was over he and the Coach will be visiting about his contract. At least to add playoff and championship bonuses if not the base salary. Good to hear. We can't keep him if he goes for a 7 fig job that's a good job, (read not Minn), but we can do what we can to keep him happy while he's here. Plus he deserves it, he runs a class program top to bottom.

yeah personally i think miles may be worth more but my oh my...$160,000 is chump change for a coach as slick as craig

SlickVic
10-25-2007, 04:13 AM
CHEA im going to have to have a little talk with some of those team makers tommorow...i've been to most of those lunch ins and my oh my do some of those people act like they are big time highrollers...i will sit down at a table with some real gone cats and bash them about bohls salary because my oh my is that sad...i always thought it was 128k base with 150k for the shows and camps...but i was just thinking last week bohl made that comment that the D co ordinator at the U of M makes more than him and mean gene combined...hahaha i wonder if that was bohl telling the "big shots" he deserves more coin? i bet it was and those "big boosters" better empty their pockets because if bohl is only making $160,000 that's sad...i mean that's boarderline bye bye bohl to colorado state

Hammersmith
10-25-2007, 03:15 PM
It's really hard to justify much more than that. Bohl is already one of the top paid coaches in FCS. Also, if you bump up Bohl's salary too much, it means you must either bump up all the other head coaches or face a serious hit to department morale. Adding bonuses for performance is a good step for now, and then a base pay raise to $160,000-$175,000 plus bonuses in two or three years if he's still around. That would put NDSU's head coach as one of the top-three paid coaches in FCS. Let's face it, there is absolutely no way we can compete with a school from a BCS conference. Heck, our total athletic budget is only around $11 million. We can't give 5% or 10% of the total budget just to the football coach. And, really, what can TeamMakers do? They raise money for scholarships, nothing more. And their total amount raised is only $1.7 million. Do we take 10% of that away from athlete scholarships and add it to Bohl's salary?

Would I love to see Coach Bohl get a big raise? Hell yes. Is it possible given NDSU's current situation? Probably not. All we(university/community/fans) can do is to keep NDSU and Fargo a good place to work and live and hope no great gigs open up for a few years.

tcbison
10-25-2007, 03:17 PM
It's really hard to justify much more than that. Bohl is already one of the top paid coaches in FCS. Also, if you bump up Bohl's salary too much, it means you must either bump up all the other head coaches or face a serious hit to department morale. Adding bonuses for performance is a good step for now, and then a base pay raise to $160,000-$175,000 plus bonuses in two or three years if he's still around. That would put NDSU's head coach as one of the top-three paid coaches in FCS. Let's face it, there is absolutely no way we can compete with a school from a BCS conference. Heck, our total athletic budget is only around $11 million. We can't give 5% or 10% of the total budget just to the football coach. And, really, what can TeamMakers do? They raise money for scholarships, nothing more. And their total amount raised is only $1.7 million. Do we take 10% of that away from athlete scholarships and add it to Bohl's salary?

Would I love to see Coach Bohl get a big raise? Hell yes. Is it possible given NDSU's current situation? Probably not. All we(university/community/fans) can do is to keep NDSU and Fargo a good place to work and live and hope no great gigs open up for a few years.

Thanks Hammersmith for you analysis and explaining this...

SlickVic
10-25-2007, 07:15 PM
think he took another little shot at team makers today which was pretty funny...some one asked him if they sent in a helmet to college gameday and he was like no our budget can't afford it hahaha...if he's only making 160k he's gone after this year no doubt about it