PDA

View Full Version : Nice little Article

Da_Bison
10-23-2007, 06:08 AM
http://www.wctrib.com/articles/index.cfm?id=26080&section=sports

“I got an e-mail from a guy whose son goes to the University of Minnesota,” Bohl said. “He said ... halfway through the game he struggled because he wanted to start cheering for NDSU.”

Southern Utah head coach Wes Meier, who brings his winless Thunderbirds to Fargo this weekend, chuckled when asked if his team was catching NDSU at a good time.

“Well, you know, I don’t know if it’s ever a good time to face the mighty Bison,” he said. “I guess it’s probably as good of a time as any.”

Bohl said he doesn’t expect a letdown.

“Our players, we believe, are very hungry,” he said.

“We set a goal to win the Great West championship at the beginning of the year. You don’t win that unless you basically win all your games in the conference.”

The Bison are ranked No. 1 by coaches and No. 2 by media in polls of the Football Championship Subdivision, formerly known as Division I-AA. Meier said NDSU is the best team on a Thunderbirds schedule that includes Northern Iowa (No. 1 in the media poll) and Montana (No. 3 in both polls).

“We knew North Dakota State was going to be a great team going into this year,” Meier said. “I didn’t expect them to look as good as they do.”

Southern Utah (0-7, 0-1 GWFC) opened the season by playing six ranked opponents who currently have a combined record of 37-7. Meier admitted that he has some regrets about his scheduling.

“Our goal for us is to be a top Division I program. To do that, you’ve got to play the best teams,” he said.

Meier said the Thunderbirds are bracing for a physical game against the Bison, who have dominated most of their opponents up front. The offensive line helped NDSU rushed for nearly 400 yards against the Gophers.

Center Zach Harrington, guards Jerrod Wagner and Tyler Lekang, and tackles Nate Safe and Keith Buckman are “quite frankly the strength of the team,” Bohl said.

“Hands down, it’s the best offensive line since I have been head coach,” Bohl said. “These guys are good. They’re just flat good. In my mind, they’re not a I-AA line. They’re a I-A line.”

NDSUFan_Sav
10-23-2007, 07:04 AM
"The Bison are ranked No. 1 by coaches and No. 2 by media in polls of the Football Championship Subdivision, formerly known as Division I-AA. Meier said NDSU is the best team on a Thunderbirds schedule that includes Northern Iowa (No. 1 in the media poll) and Montana (No. 3 in both polls)." :nod: :nod:

Thats what I'm talking about!!!

Lets get the Dome sold out last 2 games!!!

sambini
10-23-2007, 12:10 PM
Very Nice Article And Sell The Motha Out+++