PDA

View Full Version : 2nd to none

onbison09
10-23-2007, 02:51 AM
This is f*in awesome.
By Brett Edgerton, ESPN.com
Forget the ongoing transitional phase from Division II to Division I-AA. Can we give North Dakota State an exemption and just let the Bison come play in I-A? With a 27-21 win at Minnesota on Saturday, NDSU now has won three of its past four games against I-A schools, its only loss coming on a last-second blocked field goal attempt in Minneapolis last year. Ranked No. 1 in I-AA, the Bison still are in the transitional stage and won't be allowed to compete in the playoffs. So Saturday's game, with an estimated 30,000 Bison fans at the Metrodome, was like a Super Bowl for a team that includes 33 Minnesotans, most of whom didn't even get a sniff from the state's only I-A school. Well, it's time for America to take a look now. North Dakota State has the longest winning streak (11) in all of Division I and knocked off another I-A opponent, Central Michigan, earlier this season. That is eight I-AA wins over I-A opponents during a season that began with the granddaddy of them all, Appalachian State's stunning victory at Michigan. Even more impressive, five of those eight came against teams that played in a bowl game last year.
I-AA beating I-A, 2007 seasonAppalachian State over Michigan*Nicholls State over Rice*Southern Illinois over Northern Illinois*New Hampshire over MarshallNorthern Iowa over Iowa StateMcNeese State over UL-LafayetteNorth Dakota State over Central Michigan*North Dakota State over Minnesota** 2006 bowl team
By the way, in the week leading up to the game, Gophers coach Tim Brewster called the Bison, "the little men in green," before complaining about how an opponent like NDSU doesn't help his recruiting efforts. Memo to Tim: neither does that 1-7 record of yours.
Does it get any better than that?

SamsRams
10-23-2007, 02:55 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

with sum

LMFAO

tjbison
10-23-2007, 02:55 AM
That is truly great for the entire FCS and the MIGHTY BISON NATION

BlueKeyAlum
10-23-2007, 03:01 AM
I like BISON PLANET: on which Gopherville is just a tiny roadside stop.

TheDoctor
10-23-2007, 03:25 AM
This is f*in awesome.
Forget the ongoing transitional phase from Division II to Division I-AA. Can we give North Dakota State an exemption and just let the Bison come play in I-A? With a 27-21 win at Minnesota on Saturday, NDSU now has won three of its past four games against I-A schools, its only loss coming on a last-second blocked field goal attempt in Minneapolis last year. Ranked No. 1 in I-AA, the Bison still are in the transitional stage and won't be allowed to compete in the playoffs. So Saturday's game, with an estimated 30,000 Bison fans at the Metrodome, was like a Super Bowl for a team that includes 33 Minnesotans, most of whom didn't even get a sniff from the state's only I-A school. Well, it's time for America to take a look now. North Dakota State has the longest winning streak (11) in all of Division I and knocked off another I-A opponent, Central Michigan, this season. That is eight I-AA wins over I-A opponents during a season that began with the granddaddy of them all, Appalachian State's stunning victory at Michigan. Even more impressive, five of those eight came against teams that played in a bowl game last year.
I-AA beating I-A, 2007 seasonAppalachian State over Michigan*Nicholls State over Rice*Southern Illinois over Northern Illinois*New Hampshire over MarshallNorthern Iowa over Iowa StateMcNeese State over UL-LafayetteNorth Dakota State over Central Michigan*North Dakota State over Minnesota** 2006 bowl team
By the way, in the week leading up to the game, Gophers coach Tim Brewster called the Bison, "the little men in green," before complaining about how an opponent like NDSU doesn't help his recruiting efforts. Memo to Tim: neither does that 1-7 record of yours.

:rofl: WOW! :rofl:

TransAmBison
10-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Can the season get any better?

bisonmike2
10-23-2007, 11:47 AM

Yes, with 4 more victories and a #1 ranking in all polls.

sambini
10-23-2007, 12:04 PM
This is f*in awesome.
Forget the ongoing transitional phase from Division II to Division I-AA. Can we give North Dakota State an exemption and just let the Bison come play in I-A? With a 27-21 win at Minnesota on Saturday, NDSU now has won three of its past four games against I-A schools, its only loss coming on a last-second blocked field goal attempt in Minneapolis last year. Ranked No. 1 in I-AA, the Bison still are in the transitional stage and won't be allowed to compete in the playoffs. So Saturday's game, with an estimated 30,000 Bison fans at the Metrodome, was like a Super Bowl for a team that includes 33 Minnesotans, most of whom didn't even get a sniff from the state's only I-A school. Well, it's time for America to take a look now. North Dakota State has the longest winning streak (11) in all of Division I and knocked off another I-A opponent, Central Michigan, earlier this season. That is eight I-AA wins over I-A opponents during a season that began with the granddaddy of them all, Appalachian State's stunning victory at Michigan. Even more impressive, five of those eight came against teams that played in a bowl game last year.
I LOVE IT ++++++++

NDSU1980
10-23-2007, 12:27 PM
It just keeps getting better.

Herd Mentality
10-23-2007, 01:55 PM

If you can beat my record of 9 people required to remove you from the dome this year....YES! :)