PDA

View Full Version : Reohl and the record books.

bisonmike2
10-22-2007, 10:04 PM
He stands at 995 yards and 14 TD's. NDSU records are 1727 (Gordon) and 23rushing TD's (Bentrim). Roehl would need to average 183.25 yards rushing a game and 2.5 TD/game to break each respective record. Any thoughts on if he can do it? My thoughts: He might come close on the TD's but I don't see him breaking the yards record. I say that with the emergence of Paschall and the quality of Blincoes play it will be hard for him to get the large yardage numbers. Any thoughts?

Bison101
10-22-2007, 10:11 PM
All I say is that he'll be in the NFL. No doubt. He got national recognition on ESPN. He got a helmet sticker. He got Sports Illustrated Player of the Week. It looks like he'll even be USA Today player of the week. This kid has a lot going for him. Or shall I say, a lot of running?

brewcityboy
10-22-2007, 10:44 PM
I think he has a shot at the Td record but the yards record is pretty impressive...but i wouldnt doubt it either

X-Factor
10-23-2007, 12:06 AM
I don't think he will get the yards but I bet he gets 1500 or very close to it. MAYBE the TD's. Not because he can't, but because he will be on the bench in the later part of the next 4 games. His YPC is going to be mind boggling however, the next 4 teams we play don't exactly have the best rush defense and trying to tackle Roehl is going to be a big problem for them.

As for next year, I think we might be too deep at RB to allow one guy to get enough carries to break 1700+ yards even at the ridiculous YPC Roehl has.

Tatanka
10-23-2007, 01:15 AM
from what I understand Poly doesn't have much of a run defense... The only thing stopping TR from running all over SUU will be TR getting tired or the coaching staff calling off the dogs. Both records could be in reach...

roadwarrior
10-23-2007, 01:41 AM
Tyler lost two yards on his first carry of the game!