PDA

View Full Version : Lou Holtz

TheDoctor
10-22-2007, 07:39 PM
Nothing makes me smile bigger than when Trey is saying he has to use the ESPN game day helmet because they don't have one of ours. Says were making the transition from II to just Championship Division but ranked #1 and Lou Holtz says "but they outta go up to A because they beat Central Michigan too". WOW! That was Lou Holtz! WOW! ;)

Bison_Pride
10-22-2007, 07:42 PM
What did Mark May say before they cut to a commercial, I couldn't understand it?

bisonhusker
10-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Lou Holtz does not look good in HD.

Bison_Pride
10-22-2007, 09:54 PM
I figured out what Mark May said.

"He's a man, he's 40!"

A reference to Mike Gundy's line. Talking about Roehl's jersey #

UTH
10-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Lou Holtz does not look good in HD.

Yeah, it looks like migh be slipping a little. He spits everywhere when he's saying something important. No matter, he is obviously one of the most insightful people around!

Bisonfan1
10-22-2007, 10:03 PM

"He's a man, he's 40!"

I thought I heard "he's a mans man" however you may be right.

TheDoctor
10-23-2007, 04:29 AM
Makes no sense to me either. Was Mark #40 in college? Their done and leaving and all of a sudden he grabs the Michgan State helmet off the table and starts shaking it. Then in Arnold Schwartezeneger's Terminator voice, he screams..."He's a man, he's 40!" to which they both laugh and one says "40" as if Mark made some sense to them. Any help? It is really bugging me now! ;)

SamsRams
10-23-2007, 04:31 AM
^^^I think this answer hit is right on the head.

"He's a man, he's 40!"

I hadn't even read this topic until after I saw the clip and when I heard it, that was exactly what I heard.

He's a Man, He's 40!!

NDSUstudent
10-23-2007, 04:34 AM
Makes no sense to me either. Was Mark #40 in college? Their done and leaving and all of a sudden he grabs the Michgan State helmet off the table and starts shaking it. Then in Arnold Schwartezeneger's Terminator voice, he screams..."He's a man, he's 40!" to which they both laugh and one says "40" as if Mark made some sense to them. Any help? It is really bugging me now! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VytIZZzee0

2:22 into it..

SamsRams
10-23-2007, 04:49 AM
Guess I could have done that, I just couldn't imagine there would be a football fan in the world who hasn't seen that yet.

Here's a link to the College Football Live Crew where you can email them. Maybe they will have more of an answer then us guessing what he said.......although I am damn positive it was a riff on Gundy.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/mailba...event_id=16564

TheDoctor
10-23-2007, 04:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VytIZZzee0

2:22 into it..

THATS IT! Student you figured it out! Rep points for you! Thats HILLARIOUS NOW THAT YOU FIGURED OUT THE REFERENCE! I am going to blast Rohl in class tomorrow with a "He's a man! He's 40." He'll love it! ;)

TheDoctor
10-23-2007, 05:00 AM
Guess I could have done that, I just couldn't imagine there would be a football fan in the world who hasn't seen that yet.

Here's a link to the College Football Live Crew where you can email them. Maybe they will have more of an answer then us guessing what he said.......although I am damn positive it was a riff on Gundy.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/mailba...event_id=16564
While I had seen this several times, I didn't remember that line exactly! CLASSIC! ;)

SamsRams
10-23-2007, 05:00 AM
Didn't remember that line?????????? That was the best darn line in the whole thing!!

Happy you figured it out!!!

TheDoctor
10-23-2007, 05:02 AM
Didn't remember that line?????????? That was the best darn line in the whole thing!!

Happy you figured it out!!!

See above post. ;) I guess I am a little slow! :rofl:

SamsRams
10-23-2007, 05:03 AM
No worries yo, just of all the lines not to memorize in that tirade, that is the one I had on replay in my head for weeks. Just goes to show we all have things that stick out and they are not the same.

wilson
10-23-2007, 05:31 AM
Guys, Guys. I hate to burst the bubble, but May picks up TULANE'S helmet and says "He's a man, he's FORTE." As in Matt Forte, Tulane's RB.

He had 4 td's and 342 yards rushing. Impressive.

Bison_Pride
10-23-2007, 05:33 AM
Yeah. It's hard to see that part unless you watch the whole thing I guess.

BigBison
10-23-2007, 05:42 AM
Guys, Guys. I hate to burst the bubble, but May picks up TULANE'S helmet and says "He's a man, he's FORTE." As in Matt Forte, Tulane's RB.

Yup I think you got it.

TheDoctor
10-23-2007, 02:23 PM

hmmmm... this is making even more sense. AND I'll bet before they were talking about Rohl May had been talking about Forte. So, after they are talking about Rohl so favorably, he needs to get one more plug for his guy. Bummer, not as funny anymore! ;)