PDA

View Full Version : Sitdown

HooliganBison
10-21-2007, 10:58 PM
During the first 2 minutes of the game, I was told to sit down and shut up by gopher fans behind me. I'm sure this was more common than people thought. Also at the end of the game I was standing and cheering as the gopher fans were walking out and a guy told me to shut up. I just ignored and kept on cheering. Just wondering if anyone else had that problem.

roadwarrior
10-21-2007, 11:14 PM
I was in the middle of Gopher season ticket holders and did not hear a word from any of them.

heckler
10-21-2007, 11:41 PM
When the gopher fans were walking out and we were cheering we had some that said, "at least we don't live in Fargo." Classy fans...

1bizon1
10-22-2007, 12:03 AM
We were in Sec 106, row 24. ALOT of season ticket holders around us as we had a Gopher season ticket holders' seats. A fair number (next to and behind us) did not return for the second half. Why, I have no idea but they were all first class all the way. Only thing I saw was a guy wearing a black und t-shirt with a skull/crossbones design acting very low class to the Bizon Nation. I like that, Bizon Nation and I think I will "borrow" that from our Gopher friends. Bizon Nation Be LOUD Be PROUD BIZON!!
Also saw alot of und clothes but did not pay them any attention to see who they were rooting for.

HoopsBison
10-22-2007, 12:07 AM
As we were walking out of the dome, a gopher said,"god these fargo people smell.

I replied thats the stench of victory and we will be taking that back to North Dakota with us.

He didnt say another word.

KC Bison
10-22-2007, 12:25 AM
Section 134 Gopher fans were pretty nice to us but you could tell they weren't very happy. We had one fan that kept claiming that we were holding on every play - just a bitter old gopher fan. We let him leave in peace as he was too old to hassle.

Tatanka
10-22-2007, 12:29 AM
In section 125, we had no issue standing when we felt appropriate and cheering our lungs out. Every Gopher fan around us had nothing but good to say about our fans, our team, and our program in general. Good conversations at halftime, etc.

On the way out, one 50ish bat of a lady was complaining to her husband very vocally that "they shouldn't let all those North Dakota fans in our building" and that "at least they have to go back to North Dakota tonight". I was laughing so hard I almost peed myself. :nod: Other than that, nothing but good things to say about our hosts.

Swaghook
10-22-2007, 12:33 AM
Bison fans were in the majority in our section high above the 50 yard line. We had no troubles with the few Gophers fans seated there.

THEsocalledfan
10-22-2007, 12:40 AM
We were upstairs where the Bison fans were many, loud, and proud. We had one lady that talked to someone else in our group to sit down a couple of times, but I am not sure if she was a Bison or Gopher fan. I suspect she was a FargoDome North handsitter and couldn't take the roudy atmosphere in FargoDome South....

TransAm, do you know who she was cheering for?

wisconsinbisonfan
10-22-2007, 12:41 AM
The worst heckling we got last year was "Sioux Suck". They looked befuddled when we agreed. Idiots.

THEsocalledfan
10-22-2007, 12:54 AM
When the gopher fans were walking out and we were cheering we had some that said, "at least we don't live in Fargo." Classy fans...

And why, in the heck, does every Gopher fan seem to think all Bison fans live in North Dakota. Can someone explain this to me? We had very few ND residents in our large group. To be blunt, are they just that un-informed?

Any assistance you can provide on this topic is appreciated.

roadwarrior
10-22-2007, 01:16 AM
And most Minnesota residents can only think of the movie, when the city of Fargo comes up in conversation. Most think it's just past the end of the world. As is heard time and time again, people view Fargo differently after actually stepping foot into it!

THEsocalledfan
10-22-2007, 01:17 AM
And most Minnesota residents can only think of the movie, when the city of Fargo comes up in conversation. Most think it's just past the end of the world. As is heard time and time again, people view Fargo differently after actually stepping foot into it!

And, ironically, if they actually watched the movie, nearly the whole story takes place in Minnesota....

wisconsinbisonfan
10-22-2007, 01:22 AM
I attended NDSU and U of M. When I retire my dream is to move to Fargo.

Bison"FANatic"
10-22-2007, 02:00 AM
We were 7 rows up in the middle of Gopher season ticket land behind our bench and the fans were very nice and courteous!!!! Just a lot of complaining about Punky and how bad they were. We were as loud as we could be and were standing a lot they did not seem to care or were very quiet about it.

ndsubison1
10-22-2007, 02:08 AM
After we went ahead 14-7 some Gopher fans left in my section and as they walked by i said to them "Leaving already?" They laughed but could tell I was just kidding around. They never came back.

NDSUstudent
10-22-2007, 02:12 AM
In my section a few complained but it was so over run with Bison faithful they had no choice but to comply. We did keep it classy, only stood on 3rd downs and kickoffs for the most of the game(except for the last 5 minutes).

56BISON73
10-22-2007, 02:14 AM

The funny thing about that movie is that almost ALL of the movie took place in Minnesota. Fargo was just where he met the kidnappers soon to be killers. LOL

Whats even funnier is that I know a ton of people from MN who act and talk just like they did in the movie. You cant make stuff up like that. :D PL

BlueBisonRock
10-22-2007, 02:32 AM
I attended NDSU and U of M. When I retire my dream is to move to Fargo.

I also graduated from NDSU and the U of M. When I retire, my plan is to move back to Fargo!

BlueBisonRock
10-22-2007, 02:38 AM
My wife and I sat in Section 231 about 2/3 of the way up. The Mom in front of us complemented the Bison to my wife and was trying to convince her son (also at the game) to visit and attend NDSU. She loved the crowd spirit. The Dad to our right was from White Bear Lake and came (wearing green) to support the Bison. Behind us was a sea of Green and Yellow that stretched and expanded to and around the end zone. No problems. Just a great experience.

WYOBISONMAN
10-22-2007, 02:41 AM
We were treated very well by the Gopher fans. After the game one older gentleman came up to me to shake my hand and tell me what a fine team NDSU had. He also wish us luck in running the table for the rest of the season.

BigBison
10-22-2007, 06:46 AM
I was in section 135 in row 21 the Gopher Fans around us we're great, we stood on some 2nd and all of the 3rd downs and all of the kickoffs doing the finger thing, I tired to be respectful. And we we're pretty loud, if I had to sit next to or behind myself in that game I would be mad, but the gopher fans we're great! I didnt hear anything bad after the game from both Bison and Gopher fans.

However in 135 in maybe row 10 there was almost a fight between a Gopher fan and a Bison fan. The Bison fan was sitting in front of the Gopher with maybe 5 people and the Gopher had maybe had a group of 4. All I saw was the gopher fan give the bison fan who was a women the finger, there was some word being said before the finger. The Bison fan almost jumped over his seat to get the gopher. But someone stepped in to break it up. And after what looked to be a yelling match, I couldnt hear what they were saying, both fans settled down.

Bison bison
10-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Our group was asked to sit down by other Bison fans!!!

Sorry, I'm in the first row, lady. Not sitting down for this one.

lakesbison
10-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Front Row.. Never Sat Down Once!!!

Loved It!!!

HerdBot
10-22-2007, 02:50 PM
We gave a few Gopher fans a firm, "SIT DOWN!" One guy did it and we laughed our ass off!

94 Bison
10-22-2007, 05:35 PM
I was in section 133, 50 yard line, row 1 sitting by gopher fan and his wife. I was cheering as the team came out and he starts screaming at me, "YOU WILL NOT YELL LIKE THAT IN YOUR SEAT OR I WILL THROW YOU OVER THE RAIL!!" I never yelled again in my seat. I just STOOD the whole game!!

TransAmBison
10-22-2007, 05:44 PM
We were upstairs where the Bison fans were many, loud, and proud. We had one lady that talked to someone else in our group to sit down a couple of times, but I am not sure if she was a Bison or Gopher fan. I suspect she was a FargoDome North handsitter and couldn't take the roudy atmosphere in FargoDome South....

TransAm, do you know who she was cheering for?
I don't know, I tried to find out but she didn't wear either school's clothing. I didn't even know about it until afterwards. All the people around me were really cool. Our group stood for every third and fourth down and kick offs. Every gopher fan I talked to was very nice. I just think they cared. Had nothing to do with us...they are just accustomed to losing now. At least for this season.

Gully
10-22-2007, 05:49 PM
I was in section 133, 50 yard line, row 1 sitting by gopher fan and his wife. I was cheering as the team came out and he starts screaming at me, "YOU WILL NOT YELL LIKE THAT IN YOUR SEAT OR I WILL THROW YOU OVER THE RAIL!!" I never yelled again in my seat. I just STOOD the whole game!!

I sure wish someone would have said that to me, I would have had a field day with that one.

go_bison
10-22-2007, 06:04 PM
We a had about 4 "college-age" Gopher fans behind us. We were standing alot and were cheering loud. They were trying to raz us in the first half saying "green sucks". By the end of the 3rd qtr, they were saying "fire Brewster" and "we want your coach". By the end of the game they were asking about our transition to D1 and about us not playing the Sue in football. Good guys, shook our hands after the game and said good luck the rest of the season

FromTheEmpire
10-22-2007, 06:09 PM
I was in Section 110 and I think I heard some people tell me "down in front" but I pretty much ignored them. Whatever...I'll stand when I want.

Bisonfan1
10-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Our group was asked to sit down by other Bison fans!!!

Sorry, I'm in the first row, lady. Not sitting down for this one.

See what years of "training" at the FargoDome has done. Was'nt asked to sit down once, people behind us were as wild with excitement as we were. Still cant stop talking about it with whomever will listen. GREAT GAME, GREAT ATMOSHPERE, GREAT EVERYTHING. Now spill that energy back to the FargoDome please.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-22-2007, 06:33 PM
As a student I do fill my drunken energy into the Fargodome...did the same in the Fargodome South but got yelled at and gopher fans pissed at me....but i still kind of stood on every 3rd down every big play every defense of stop i got loud...only problem i started chanting "lets go bison" and so on and bison fans around me sat in their seats like a log and didn't do a damn thing...no one joined in and i still kept the chant going by myself no matter how bad it sounded i didn't care....I just wish fans would take this energy like they did there to the FargoDome...we need to support our Bison...best team we've seen in quite some time and the louder we are and the more support we show the team builds off of it.

Till
10-22-2007, 06:46 PM
One thing I noticed from section 235 and thereabouts...no one understands when to cheer.

For instance, when it's 3rd and 3 and we're trying to convert for a vital first down, don't start a 'Let's Go Bison' cheer. Some of us were trying to let them know that we need to be quiet then, but when the mob gets going there's no helping it.

Overall though, I never had any problem with fans. The students they were busing back to campus feebly tried to give us hard time when we were walking back to the tailgating lot, but they didn't have a leg to stand on and knew it.

87Bisonfan
10-22-2007, 06:47 PM
We were sitting in row 33 (which is the top row of the lower section (right in front of the disability seating). We were told several times to sit down as those behind us in wheel chairs/scooters couldn't see. It was kind of frustrating but understandable. After those fans checked out mid way throught the 2nd half, I stood the rest of the game.

Go_Herd
10-22-2007, 06:50 PM
One thing I noticed from section 235 and thereabouts...no one understands when to cheer.

For instance, when it's 3rd and 3 and we're trying to convert for a vital first down, don't start a 'Let's Go Bison' cheer. Some of us were trying to let them know that we need to be quiet then, but when the mob gets going there's no helping it.

Finally someone brings this up, I just about had a coronary listen to those people cheering when we were on offense. I was over in section 236 and couldn't believe it either

Bison bison
10-22-2007, 06:50 PM
After those fans checked out mid way throught the 2nd half, I stood the rest of the game.

Oh my God! WTF happened?

They must have been Gopher Fans and in pretty dire straights to die before the fourth quarter.

87Bisonfan
10-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Most of the gopher fans in our section (127) spent most of the game just shaking their heads. They kept saying, "It's been like this all year, we can't stop anybody. Every week same old story" Kind of felt sorry for them - for a brief second.

Was tailgating with Matt Spaeth's parents and relatives before and after the game. I didn't know this but Matt's uncle was a Bison football player in the 70's and Matt's older brother played briefly with the Bison before getting injured.

scottheck
10-22-2007, 08:36 PM
We were 7 rows up in the middle of Gopher season ticket land behind our bench and the fans were very nice and courteous!!!! Just a lot of complaining about Punky and how bad they were. We were as loud as we could be and were standing a lot they did not seem to care or were very quiet about it.

We were in the 7th as well, section 132. Stood where appropriate and traditional, no problems from the Gopher faithful. I was loud, cheering, and wolf whistling: no problems. We had Gopher fans in front of us standing the whole game, good thing she was 1 and he was 5.

Bison"FANatic"
10-22-2007, 08:55 PM
I bet that the 1 and 5 yo did not fall asleep!!!!!! I was down one section in 133.

90BISON
10-22-2007, 09:40 PM
We were sitting in 205 rows 11 & 12 (there were 11 of us together). Seemed about half & half bison / gopher fans. The people in our section were very gracious hosts and were asking a lot of questions about the players / team / etc. Never ran into anybody rude the whole time we were there. Most of our group except for myself live in the TC though. I got a kick out of how many people I saw going to the MD that were wearing both bison and gopher clothing and a lot of non-commmital people wearing neither.:confused: Ran into more people I knew from ND than I expected, not even necessarily big Bison fans, just wanted to show their support.

UTH
10-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Here’s my story. We got to our seats about 30 minutes before kickoff. Section 208 was slow to fill, but I noticed with glee that nobody was claiming any seats in the next two rows behind us. The first quarter came and went without incident with me not sitting down once. The second quarter starts and I’m still having the time of my life (getting pretty comfortable with my standing space too, I might add). With about ten minutes left in the first half, I hear these voices right behind me: “excuse me, are these seats taken?” Somebody answered, “no, I don’t think so.” Play ignorance, play ignorance, don’t acknowledge them… please leave me alone. I then hear the dreaded, “SIT THE HELL DOWN!!!!!1!” I know the 1 was there among the !s because I heard it pretty clearly. I was mentally preparing for this moment. I turned around and saw two blue-hairs. Crap. I (as politely as possible) informed them that I know that they did not pay for those seats. The guy’s face turned about twenty different shades of red, so I figured it would be better to just let it go. I sat down. Then the Bison start the march toward field goal range. I stood and really let loose. Damn that felt good. I then dutifully began to sit back down, but not before turning around and apologizing for standing up. “Sorry, I couldn’t help it.” The guy answered, “that’s OK, you can stand for stuff like that.” I answered that that sounded like a good deal, since I anticipated quite a bit more. “Yeah, I’m sure,” was the response. They didn’t last very far into the second half and I was once again free to stand without recourse. Booyah!!! A good time was then had by all.
:cheers: