PDA

View Full Version : Whose Dome Was It?

IowaBisonToo
10-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Best part of the end of the game (besides actually winning) was during the last little bit one the Bison players (don't know who it was) was trying to get the crowd pumped up and making noise. How many players can say they've doen that in a visiting teams house?

1bizon1
10-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Best part of the end of the game (besides actually winning) was during the last little bit one the Bison players (don't know who it was) was trying to get the crowd pumped up and making noise. How many players can say they've doen that in a visiting teams house?

I remember that too and I am pretty sure it was David Earl....

wisconsinbisonfan
10-22-2007, 01:33 AM
Near the end of the game the announcer on The Big 10 Network said "Listen to the Bison Faithful". It was louder than when the Vikings play the Packers.

chuckles
10-22-2007, 01:43 AM
It was OUR dome and OUR dominance!!!

Mr. Burgundy
10-22-2007, 02:07 AM
So before the game starts, we are in some friendly conversation with the Gopher fans around us. We are apologizing for coming into their house and dominating.....and laughing...as the game hasn't started. They were all very nice. We are screaming..."We're going to Pasedena"...etc. Anyway, they score on a trick play and the lady says to me...."You are in our house." What? I told her a bigtime team doesn't break out trick plays to beat the "underdog." Of course she didn't understand. Sidenote, I yelled...Watch out for the fumbleruskie about 14 times the next time the Gophers had the ball. Anyway, when Tyler took the 3rd down screen pass to the house, I was trying to yell to her....NO YOU ARE IN OUR HOUSE...."WHAT?" I said....YOU ARE IN OUR HOUSE.....she couldn't understand me as it was too loud. Three minutes later after it was a bit quieter....she says to me....."Hey, what were you trying to tell me when it was so loud in here?" HA. They had 3 false start penalties in "their" house. Good times/great fans.

gopherz
10-22-2007, 04:09 AM
Great times and great fans, I applaud you all.

The funniest was when Shamen dropped that kickoff, we were all sitting there yelling at him as the ball was coming, although we know we affected nothing it was absolutely hilarious.

SlickVic
10-22-2007, 04:13 AM
Great times and great fans, I applaud you all.

The funniest was when Shamen dropped that kickoff, we were all sitting there yelling at him as the ball was coming, although we know we affected nothing it was absolutely hilarious.

how dumb did you feel getting to that game over an hour early? were there even 10 full rows in the student section when the game started? haha no wonder you got on the big screen a few times- you were one of the few students to show ;)

gopherz
10-22-2007, 04:16 AM
The student section was pretty much full after a while. And I was there at 8:45, second person in line. See me?

UTH
10-22-2007, 04:21 AM
how dumb did you feel getting to that game over an hour early? were there even 10 full rows in the student section when the game started? haha no wonder you got on the big screen a few times- you were one of the few students to show ;)

Ha - I noticed the student section, too. It slowly filled up and was aallllmost filled up early in the second quarter. I do admire their resiliency, though. They didn't really start running for the doors until the interception. The noise was awesome. There was a lot of "OUR HOUSE" talk in section 208, too. I noticed a few Gopher faithfuls putting their fingers to their ears. 20/20 hindsight, it would have made a good picture. I can't say it enough - wow, that was fun!

gopherz
10-22-2007, 04:23 AM
I guess I was one of the few who stayed in my front row seat and clapped when the game was over.

SlickVic
10-22-2007, 04:26 AM
Ha - I noticed the student section, too. It slowly filled up and was aallllmost filled up early in the second quarter. I do admire their resiliency, though. They didn't really start running for the doors until the interception. The noise was awesome. There was a lot of "OUR HOUSE" talk in section 208, too. I noticed a few Gopher faithfuls putting their fingers to their ears. 20/20 hindsight, it would have made a good picture. I can't say it enough - wow, that was fun!

yeah i left my section right after the pentalty on the punt...tried to get to a bison section on the opposite side of the field but couldnt get there so i just posted up in the doorway on one of the student sections...my oh my that was fun!

BlueKeyAlum
10-22-2007, 07:11 AM
I took a stretch when the Gophs had the 21-17 lead and walked around the concourse. The Bison were driving and when the Gophs got a stop on defense, it got loud. But when the Bison made a big play, it got LOUD!!! And when Thor put the hammer down in the endzone...it was deafening!!!

I also caught the Big Ten comments about listen to the Bison Faithful.

tcbison
10-22-2007, 02:33 PM
I guess I was one of the few who stayed in my front row seat and clapped when the game was over.

Very classy!

gopherz
10-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Hey I respected what the Bison did out there, besides, they ARE my second favorite team and I cheer for them every other week of the year.

SDbison
10-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Hey I respected what the Bison did out there, besides, they ARE my second favorite team and I cheer for them every other week of the year.
Thanks gopherz. You are a good fan and welcome here anytime.

gopherz
10-22-2007, 03:52 PM
Haha I'll be here, don't worry about that. And whenever I'm back home I'm at all the Bison games my friend.