PDA

View Full Version : What will Sid's excuse be?

onbison09
10-20-2007, 09:34 PM
What will Sid's excuse be?

Bison_Pride
10-20-2007, 09:51 PM
He wasn't able to see the ending because it cut into his nap time.

EagleBison
10-20-2007, 09:57 PM
On the way home from the game, the announcer said Sid looked more dejected than he has ever seen him. Sid sounds pretty down right now.

onbison09
10-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Scotty said Sid looked like he swallowed a lemon whole. LOL!!

bisoneer
10-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Scotty said Sid looked like he swallowed a lemon whole. LOL!!

sid maybe thinks if they had tne new stadium they would have won

Bison_Pride
10-20-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm sure Sid will take the high road by saying that the best days are ahead of the Gophers and the Bison will always be an insignificant team. He's a really classy guy like that.

What time is the gophers coaches show on tomorrow morning?

jeffdaryl3rd
10-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Retire Sid and save us you sad act.

CaBisonFan
10-21-2007, 01:02 AM
What will Sid's excuse be?

It will be something like this:

Gophers Building
If the geniuses at the U of M would have given Lou Holtz enough money before leaving for Notre Dame we would have celebrated a minimum of three national championships by now and we wouldn't have lost to North Dakota today or scheduled them for that matter if they had listened to me...word from the locker room says that the Bisons were holding on every play and that the officials simply ignored it...my good friend Bobby Knight called after the game and swore that the roughing penalty was faked by the Bison punter...no doubt that the next recruiting class will provide several contributors to the Gophers chance to win the Big Ten title next season...if the officiating crew would have called the holding on South Dakota's offensive line the Gophers would have taken care of business by the second quarter...word has it that Tyler Roehl is considering transfering to Minnesota...UND won't be scheduled again according to one source at Minnesota because of the holding calls...word from another source says that the NDSU Fighting Sioux will be here in December to play hockey...you can bet that Gopher fans will be there and there won't be another letdown in the kicking game.

TheDoctor
10-21-2007, 01:07 AM
Sid will find a way to outdue himself. What a tool! ;)

ndsubison1
10-21-2007, 02:39 AM
Dear Sid: A bear does s*it in the woods every once in awhile

TheBisonator
10-21-2007, 02:40 AM
It will be something like this:

Gophers Building
If the geniuses at the U of M would have given Lou Holtz enough money before leaving for Notre Dame we would have celebrated a minimum of three national championships by now and we wouldn't have lost to North Dakota today or scheduled them for that matter if they had listened to me...word from the locker room says that the Bisons were holding on every play and that the officials simply ignored it...my good friend Bobby Knight called after the game and swore that the roughing penalty was faked by the Bison punter...no doubt that the next recruiting class will provide several contributors to the Gophers chance to win the Big Ten title next season...if the officiating crew would have called the holding on South Dakota's offensive line the Gophers would have taken care of business by the second quarter...word has it that Tyler Roehl is considering transfering to Minnesota...UND won't be scheduled again according to one source at Minnesota because of the holding calls...word from another source says that the NDSU Fighting Sioux will be here in December to play hockey...you can bet that Gopher fans will be there and there won't be another letdown in the kicking game.

How the hell did you already find Sid's article for tomorrow's paper??

bisoneer
10-21-2007, 02:58 AM
Retire Sid and save us you sad act.

He'll die on the air someday cause he doesnt know how to enjoy life unless he is making someone miserable

UTH
10-21-2007, 03:10 AM
How the hell did you already find Sid's article for tomorrow's paper??

I lived in California a couple years. The place is packed with tarot card readers, etc. It seems to me that CaBisonFan has the number of a premium psychic. Don't question a good thing. Just hold your breath and wait for him to come on and predict a national championship next year!

holding breath...

bisonmike2
10-21-2007, 03:16 AM
I was listening to wcco this afternoon and the gentleman (name escapes me) said he had never seen Sid so upset after a game before. He said he looked like he was close to tears. Awesome! In the words of Eric Cartman. Your tears, yes, they taste so sweet! Sid column is already out there. Here you go.

http://www.startribune.com/507/story/1497789.html

JackJD
10-21-2007, 04:51 AM
Nice job, Bison.

The following quoted from Sid's column, speaks volumes about the quality of NDSU's win today:

"NDSU wound up with 394 yards rushing, 259 in the first half, an amazing statistic for a I-AA team playing on the home field of a Big Ten team. The Gophers defense hadn't given up totals on the ground like this to anyone else this season, including current No. 1 Ohio State.

Bison running back Tyler Roehl rushed for 200 yards of his team's first-half total, on nine carries. A year ago, Roehl carried the ball one time for 3 yards in the NDSU's 10-9 loss at the Metrodome.

The most yards the Gophers had given up rushing in the first half this season was 149 to Ohio State, followed by Indiana with 130. A week ago, Northwestern had 11 rushes for 31 yards in the first half. Bowling Green had 89, Purdue 83, Florida Atlantic 78 and Miami (Ohio) 68.

The 394 yards for the game was the seventh-highest total ever gained against the Gophers. The last time they allowed a team to exceed 300 rushing yards was against Penn State in October 2005."

BigBison
10-21-2007, 05:41 AM
yup the post game on WCCO said Sid was almost in tears!!! poor guy

gopherz
10-21-2007, 06:39 AM
Its going to be the refs.
1) That Shamen "touchback" should have been a safety.
2) Multiple botched holding calls
3) Roughing call

TheBisonator
10-21-2007, 07:01 AM
yup the post game on WCCO said Sid was almost in tears!!! poor guy

Sid and Randy Shaver can both go cry in each other's arms...:D

CaBisonFan
10-21-2007, 07:38 AM
Sid Hartman will lambast Brewster for calling a punt-block play at the end.

Bisonguy
10-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Sid's doing a pretty good job of eating crow.

Even said he deserves to get some grief from NDSU fans.

onbison09
10-21-2007, 05:40 PM
3) Roughing call
400 yards worth of holding?! That's some pretty damn good holding. Both teams were holding. Refs could call holding all game if they wanted to.

Scooter1
10-21-2007, 06:01 PM
3) Roughing call

Nice try.
1) the refs are correct, the runner has to make an attempt to leave the endzone. I have seen many times where a kick returner just stands there with the ball in the endzone, doesn't take a knee and the opposing team runs right by him. In fact, if they did lay him out....it would be a personal foul. Thank god one of the umpires knew what the hell was going on. The ref in the endzone didn't have a clue.

2) If you are talking about the convienient holding call on the Bison in the fourth quarter to negate a crutial first down, or the mugging that Gratzek was getting by the Gophers, I totally agree with you.

3) If you are talking about the roughing the passer call that wasn't called on Steve Walker where the guy took a step after he had thrown the ball, bending him backwards.... I agree.
If you are talking about the punt.... you can not take that line to the punter and expect to get away with it if you miss the block. It's to dangerous for the punter, and you know it.

IowaBisonToo
10-21-2007, 09:41 PM
I listened to Sid and Dave this morning on the way home from the Cities. He was pretty complimentary towards the Bison yet was still and apologist. He gave credit but really didn't . . . you know, "the Bison played well but the this was the worst performance I've ever seen from the Gophers." There was also the excuses of losing all the starters, etc. But isn't that what FBS football is all about? Aren't the second stringers supposedely better than the starters in FCS? He had Bohl on, too. Very cordial to Coach. Asked about heading back to Lincoln. Bohl said he likes it in Fargo and isn't going to talk about other jobs.

Senile Sid is still on the loose.

Bison_Pride
10-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Sid's official excuse is that it's corporate Twin Cities fault for not supporting the Gophers enough. WTF?

Gully
10-22-2007, 12:29 AM
Sid's official excuse is that it's corporate Twin Cities fault for not supporting the Gophers enough. WTF?

There's a reason we call him Sidiot. :D

KC Bison
10-22-2007, 01:41 AM
I listened to Sid this morning on the way back to KC. While he said nice things about the Bison, he turned around and says things to take away from the Bison victory. First the Gophers did a lousy job of tackling all day -- never mind that no one person has been able to tackle Roehl all year. Then he complained that the Gopher dbs had no speed or they could have caught that Roehl who he labeled as a fullback. I thought in the beginning the year that Roehl was slow but I've certainly have changed my mind. This didn't indicate that the Gopher dbs are slow but rather that Roehl is fast but Sid couldn't figure that out. Then he said it was the worst game of the year for the Gophers (course that was the same thing that he said last year). He was having trouble understanding how the Gophers gave up more rushing yards to the Bison than to Ohio State. Finally Dave straightened Sid out that Ohio State found it too easy to pass against the Gophers and gave up the run.

BisonNeil
10-22-2007, 03:04 AM
Check out what Dave Christensen wrote for the Gopherhole on the game, what a homer!!

No shocker: North Dakota State beats Gophers Gopher Football

by Dave Christianson October 20, 2007

The Gophers extended their losing ways today with a 27-21 loss to North Dakota State. These losses, even to a lower division team, are no longer shocking upsets. No, this was not the category of Appalachian State’s win over Michigan earlier this year. This is just another ho hum loss for the Gophers.

Minnesota has been involved in six very close games this year, including three overtime games, and has gone 1-5. None of those six teams were very good, at least compared level the Gophers are supposed to be competing at. NDSU handled a very poor Big Ten team – undoubtedly the worst in the conference right now – and as a team in a lower division they should be given credit for that. Still, the Bison would be hard pressed to beat any other Big Ten team.

NDSU running back Tyler Roehl rushed for 263 yards, which included a 68-yard run near half time to set up a field goal as time ran out. The Gopher defense gave up an astounding 394 yards on the ground.

Really, the only wonder was that the score was as close as it was. The Bison had 27 first downs to the Gophers’ 17. NDSU punted a mere two times in the game to the Gophers’ six punts. The Bison had nearly twice as many total yards (585 to 307). And Minnesota made their share of critical mistakes, the biggest being a 15-yard penalty after a third and long that allowed NDSU to run out the clock and end the game.

One of the few positives from this game was that the turnovers were limited to one Adam Weber interception. The offense was otherwise dreadfully mediocre. The big highlight on offense was Eric Decker’s 20-yard pass for the Gophers’ first TD.

The Gophers were out hustled, outplayed in almost every aspect and out cheered by the strong NDSU contingent of fans. I guess this was the Bison’s bowl game this year, especially since they still don’t qualify for the playoffs.

For Minnesota it was just more of the same in this nightmare season. I expected some rough moments this year as the new coaching staff and players adjusted to each other, but nothing as bad as this. This team is almost sure to go 1-11 this year, making it the worst season since 1983 when they went 1-10. It would also be the first time ever that they would lose 11 games in one season. No, it can’t get much worse than this.

bisonaudit
10-22-2007, 03:18 AM
7 paragraphs on how much the Gophers suck and he's a homer?

What do you want from these people? It's not their job to be interested in us. They're interested in their team, and right now their team stinks out loud. They're the worst team in the worst Big-10 in my lifetime.

Meanwhile, back on the ranch. We've got the longest winning streak in D-1 football, are currently #1 in the national polls for our division, and have a chance to go unbeaten for the first time this century.

extremerouge
10-22-2007, 03:30 AM
i think he is hoping the writer would give some credit where credit is due...

bisonaudit
10-22-2007, 03:46 AM
When we put our foot on their neck in their house and press down for 60 minutes, and they're left with nothing to talk about except how terrible they played that is respect. NDSU fans are not the audience, especially on their fan web site. The story has to be about the Gophers and the only thing there is to say is that they played terrible. NDSU made them look terrible. That is respect.

SlickVic
10-22-2007, 04:07 AM
7 paragraphs on how much the Gophers suck and he's a homer?

What do you want from these people? It's not their job to be interested in us. They're interested in their team, and right now their team stinks out loud. They're the worst team in the worst Big-10 in my lifetime.

Meanwhile, back on the ranch. We've got the longest winning streak in D-1 football, are currently #1 in the national polls for our division, and have a chance to go unbeaten for the first time this century.

the worst big-10 in your lifetime? when were you born?? ohio state's the #1 ranked team in the country, the best damn team in the land...penn state and michigan are both top 10 caliber football teams...wisconsin and illinois arn't bad, both top 25 teams for sure...9 of 11 teams in the big 10 have a winning record...big 10s the second best conference in the country no doubt about it...anyways sid hartman was in the press box about 4 or 5 rows behind me so i waved to him after the game and he waved back at me pretty nice guy and he was no where near tears dont know what people are talking about...he looks pretty slick in the press box he's obviously a living legend