PDA

View Full Version : CBSSportsline.com Magazine

TheDoctor
10-20-2007, 04:03 AM
I ran to Cub foods to get some snacks for the kids tonight getting ready for the big game tomorrow. There was a college preview magazine that caught my eye. So, I opened it towards the back and found the Summitt League right away. They don't predict how teams will finish, they just predict 1st team, 2nd team, 3rd team and POY. THEY PREDICTED WOODY POY for the Summitt! Not bad! Good luck boys! ;)

TheDoctor
10-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Ok so I was a little off on the name of the magazine I picked up, but I think it was this.....................

North Dakota State guard Ben Woodside is The Summit League's Preseason Player of the
Year according to the CBS Sports college men's basketball preview published this
year.

Woodside, a 5-foot-11 junior from Albert Lea, Minn., led the Bison in assists (144)
and assists per game (5.1) last year, and he was NDSU's second leading scorer with
16.4 points per game.

Joining Woodside on the preseason all-conference first team were IPFW forward DeWitt
Scott, Oral Roberts guard Robert Jarvis, Oakland guard/forward Derick Nelson, and
IUPUI guard George Hill.

Hill was named the Preseason Player of the Year by a vote of the league's coaches,
sports information directors and media earlier this month.

Jarvis was picked as the league's Newcomer of the Year by CBS Sports.

NDSU forward Brett Winkelman made the CBS Sports second team along with Oakland
guard Erik Kangas, IUPUI guard Austin Montgomery, Southern Utah forward Nurudeen
Adepoju, and Oral Roberts center Shawn King.

Winkelman was NDSU's third leading scorer with 16.1 points per game and ranked
second on the squad in rebounding with 6.8 rebounds per game.

North Dakota State begins exhibition play next Wednesday, Oct. 31, against Bemidji
State. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. at the Bison Sports Arena.

heymch86
10-25-2007, 01:59 AM
Woody and Winks are getting much deserved preseason accolades, but man, how can Mike Nelson not get 2nd team?? He goes 110% on every play, will thrive in NDSU's new defensive mind set. Great outside shot. He's dangerous thats for sure

SirHinn
10-25-2007, 03:01 AM
Ok so I was a little off on the name of the magazine I picked up, but I think it was this.....................

North Dakota State guard Ben Woodside is The Summit League's Preseason Player of the
Year according to the CBS Sports college men's basketball preview published this
year.

Woodside, a 5-foot-11 junior from Albert Lea, Minn., led the Bison in assists (144)
and assists per game (5.1) last year, and he was NDSU's second leading scorer with
16.4 points per game.

Joining Woodside on the preseason all-conference first team were IPFW forward DeWitt
Scott, Oral Roberts guard Robert Jarvis, Oakland guard/forward Derick Nelson, and
IUPUI guard George Hill.

Hill was named the Preseason Player of the Year by a vote of the league's coaches,
sports information directors and media earlier this month.

Jarvis was picked as the league's Newcomer of the Year by CBS Sports.

NDSU forward Brett Winkelman made the CBS Sports second team along with Oakland
guard Erik Kangas, IUPUI guard Austin Montgomery, Southern Utah forward Nurudeen
Adepoju, and Oral Roberts center Shawn King.

Winkelman was NDSU's third leading scorer with 16.1 points per game and ranked
second on the squad in rebounding with 6.8 rebounds per game.

North Dakota State begins exhibition play next Wednesday, Oct. 31, against Bemidji
State. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. at the Bison Sports Arena.

Thanks for posting that, definately a good read!

SlickVic
10-25-2007, 03:46 AM
im really missing andre...him and miles really got me in to bison basketball