PDA

View Full Version : Disgusting

gopherz
10-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Since 2001 NDSU is 72-1 when scoring more than 20 points. We are in trouble, haha.

bisonmike2
10-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Since 2001 NDSU is 72-1 when scoring more than 20 points. We are in trouble, haha.

Is that correct? Wow, that's just sick.

gopherz
10-19-2007, 07:19 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/preview?gameId=272930135&confId=80

Of course its correct, do I strike you as a liar? :D

Just a Gopher fan trying to convince myself that its OK losing.

bisonmike2
10-19-2007, 07:21 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/preview?gameId=272930135&confId=80

Of course its correct, do I strike you as a liar? :D

Just a Gopher fan trying to convince myself that its OK losing.

Well you do know that 78.4% of statistics are made up on the spot, don't you?

jeffdaryl3rd
10-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Well, I definitely think NDSU is going to score 20 tomorrow. Between the Goofs porous secondary and NDSU's O-line/Roehl I'm pretty sure we'll get at least that many.

Hammersmith
10-19-2007, 08:09 PM

Actually, the real stat is 46-6, since 2001, in games where NDSU scored 20 or more points. In the Bohl Era, the record is 37-2, with the two losses being OT games with St Cloud and UND in 2003(Bohl's first year). The flip side is that we're 1-15(1-8 Bohl Era) when we score less than 20.

CaBisonFan
10-19-2007, 08:23 PM

There will be no shame for either team unless one of them plays a terrible game. I think that the Gophers have more natural talent (mainly speed) simply because of the kind of player that a Big Ten program can draw, but I also think that the Bison have an unusual amount of talent for a program that's just getting started in its new division...with that being the FCS.

We'll never have the recruiting base that Minnesota has because of the difference in divisions, and the fact that the Twin Cities is a pretty decent football city as far as high schools go. We get some very good talent out of the high schools in Fargo-Moorhead, and a surprising amount from some very small towns across the state of North Dakota...and even a few gems from rural South Dakota.

I think of the northern part of Minnesota as a natural recruiting area for us. Many of the towns are closer to Fargo & Grand Forks than they are to the cities. They get some of their local news & sports from our stations, in some cases. So in a way, they're like a Minndakota kid.

No shame, either way. Just realize that we're in a transition too. And on the defensive side, we have a pretty green defensive line, and the d-backs are on life-support. One more injury back there and we'll have a major problem. They might have to pull someone out of the stands, or put a lineman back there. (smile) There is no depth chart in the defensive backfield. They rarely get a rest. We've been able to adjust somewhat because our linebackers are unbelievable. Our trio of linebackers could play for any DI team in the country and be just fine. Joe Mays will be in the NFL. Humber might follow him next year. They're like D-backs in a linebacker's body, that could play the line also. Unbelievable athletes.

I think that the best way for everyone to think about this game is that it's a nonconference event, a special one, that may not happen again for a long time...realizing that neither team is operating in a normal mode right now.

Oh...we'd love to win tomorrow...for sure. But I've been trying to tell my friends here that if we should get that lucky, to just cool it. For me, it's not our super bowl. Am I excited? Damn straight. I just put in Dish Network satellite today so that I can watch the game. That's called being excited.

On the Minnesota side, you're in a total rebuild with a new coach that people are still wondering about. He might turn out to be great. He could be a disaster. You'll know in about a year whether he's going to actually build it.

I 'did' think that his resume is a bit odd to be a head coach at your level. But who knows?