PDA

View Full Version : After game plans

RodentiaX
10-19-2007, 04:23 PM
With an 11 am start, there will be a lot of day left after the game. Just curious what people are going to be up to after the game. My parents are coming down for the game. I may hand them the baby when we get back from the game and check out the Science Museum's exhibit on Pompeii.

bisonmike2
10-19-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm taking my son so I'm sure it will be nap time for both him and me after the game. But is downtown is rocking I might have to make a return trip to celebrate.

aces1180
10-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Give me a nice meal and some beers, along with a Bison win, and you will have one happy man!

IL_Bison
10-19-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm looking for some suggestions for a good sports bar to watch the Illinois-Michigan game Saturday evening after the Bison win. Any suggestions for:

Downtown -

Mall of America area-

Thanks!

UTH
10-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Nice (hopefully) celebratory dinner and then my beloved Penguins come on at 6:30.

MN_BISON
10-19-2007, 05:00 PM
I'm looking for some suggestions for a good sports bar to watch the Illinois-Michigan game Saturday evening after the Bison win. Any suggestions for:

Downtown -

Mall of America area-

Thanks!

MOA Area: Joe Sensor's off of 494 and France Ave. South side of 494, it's a five minute drive from the MOA.

RodentiaX
10-19-2007, 05:25 PM
MOA Area: Joe Sensor's off of 494 and France Ave. South side of 494, it's a five minute drive from the MOA.

That's a pretty good place to watch a game, and easy to get to. Never eaten there, but I'm told the food is pretty good. There used to be a pretty decent sports bar at the MOA, but it closed, and I don't know if there are other good places at the MOA.

56BISON73
10-19-2007, 07:10 PM
All players reunion tailgate, Good meal, ice skating?, Alumni functions at the Depot. PL

Bison06
10-19-2007, 07:39 PM

Downtown -

Mall of America area-

Thanks!

I live in Bloomington and Joe Sensor's is definitely your place. Great burgers more TV's than any sports bar I've ever been to, and very easy access. Like was said off of 494 take France and it's on a frontage road called American Boulevard I believe. To the west of France Ave about a quarter of a mile.

33bison90
10-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Post Victory Tailgate.

MOA....c'mon! Are you freak'n kiddin me?

tcbison
10-19-2007, 07:46 PM
I live in Bloomington and Joe Sensor's is definitely your place. Great burgers more TV's than any sports bar I've ever been to, and very easy access. Like was said off of 494 take France and it's on a frontage road called American Boulevard I believe. To the west of France Ave about a quarter of a mile.

Great place. We have hosted Bison events there before. I am working on seeing if we can get them to show the Florida/NDSU basketball game there on Nov. 9th. Stay tuned.

IL_Bison
10-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Great place. We have hosted Bison events there before. I am working on seeing if we can get them to show the Florida/NDSU basketball game there on Nov. 9th. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the info! Thanks to the light rail and hotel shuttle, we may be able to accomplish the task of no driving until we leave for Fargo on Sunday!

RodentiaX
10-19-2007, 08:14 PM
If you want a great burger, it's a ways out of the way, but Flameburger in Columbia Heights is great. From downtown, go North on third street. It will become Central Avenue. I think it is around 47th and Central.

The offer a 2 pound cheeseburger, with 8 slices of cheese, 8 slices of bacon, lettuce tomato and mayo. I've never had the nerve to order it. :)

Bisonguy
10-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Road trip home and attempt to make it to the VB match before it starts.

Shawn-O
10-19-2007, 09:48 PM

There will be a big UND hockey crowd on hand that night, as well..for the game against Wisconsin. I agree, great place. They treat the North Dakota schools very well. Too bad the football satellite parties got too big and you guys bolted for Park Tavern. Good luck!

ndsubison1
10-20-2007, 01:51 AM
The Residence Inn, which is a few blocks from the Dome is where the pre-game and post-game parties are going to be...

tony
10-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Postgame cigar. Pub crawl with old friends. Light rail back to the hotel for a good night's sleep.

onbison09
10-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Bison game in the day. Stars game at night. Should be a hell of a day.