PDA

View Full Version : The psychology aspect of this game

gopherz
10-19-2007, 05:00 AM
So are there any doubts the Gophers are actually going to be ready this game? Is it going to affect them that the NDSU fans are going to make it a home game for the Bison?

Actually those were the best questions I could think of, right now I'm supposed to be WRITING A PSYCHOLOGY paper which is RIDICULOUS.

BigBison
10-19-2007, 05:04 AM
It think the gophers are going to be ready. It may affect them some when they look up and see a full house but only half full of there own fans.

THEsocalledfan
10-19-2007, 05:07 AM
Mark my words....

When the Bison come out, you are going to hear a thunderous ovation and a "Let's Go Bison!" chant that will rock the Metrodome's foundation.

If that does not intimidate the home team, Brewster will have done a good job. I think all Bison fan estimates of attendance I am seeing are low and the Gophers are going to face a downrite hostile home crowd.

It ain't Gopher fans buying up all those tickets....

CaBisonFan
10-19-2007, 05:09 AM
So are there any doubts the Gophers are actually going to be ready this game? Is it going to affect them that the NDSU fans are going to make it a home game for the Bison?

Actually those were the best questions I could think of, right now I'm supposed to be WRITING A PSYCHOLOGY paper which is RIDICULOUS.

When you're writing your paper, you might want to check your grammar more carefully. Just trying to help.

This Bison team takes nothing for granted, and they won't expect the Gophers to lie down just because they've won only one game, or because they play in an extremely weak conference. They won't believe that they're the 'favorites,' and they'll come to the baggie ready to apply some pain.

Win or lose, it won't be for lack of mental toughness on the part of the Bison.

The tougher mental challenge is in the Gopher camp...at home...fans equaled or outnumbered...playing a nothing team from a nothing state...from a nothing conference in a nothing division. That's how the Gopher community has framed this event.

SlickVic
10-19-2007, 05:29 AM
When you're writing your paper, you might want to check your grammar more carefully. Just trying to help.

This Bison team takes nothing for granted, and they won't expect the Gophers to lie down just because they've won only one game, or because they play in an extremely weak conference. They won't believe that they're the 'favorites,' and they'll come to the baggie ready to apply some pain.

Win or lose, it won't be for lack of mental toughness on the part of the Bison.

The tougher mental challenge is in the Gopher camp...at home...fans equaled or outnumbered...playing a nothing team from a nothing state...from a nothing conference in a nothing division. That's how the Gopher community has framed this event.

since when is the big 10 an extremely weak conference?

gopherz
10-19-2007, 05:50 AM
I sure hope our guys aren't intimated, that would be a BAD way to start the game off.

Da_Bison
10-19-2007, 05:54 AM
looks like a fat a** prairie dog to me, haha

CaBisonFan
10-19-2007, 06:41 AM
since when is the big 10 an extremely weak conference?

It's called a bit of sarcasm.

jeffdaryl3rd
10-19-2007, 08:21 AM
The Big Ten is easily the weakest BCS conference and has been for a while. Ohio St and Michigan and now maybe Wisconsin are really the only top tier teams in the conference and they get blown out against top competition in their bowls every year. No, the conference is not extremely weak, it isn't the MAC, but it is not an elite conference at this point.

SlickVic
10-19-2007, 09:53 AM
The Big Ten is easily the weakest BCS conference and has been for a while. Ohio St and Michigan and now maybe Wisconsin are really the only top tier teams in the conference and they get blown out against top competition in their bowls every year. No, the conference is not extremely weak, it isn't the MAC, but it is not an elite conference at this point.

the big ten is easily the weakest BCS conference and has been for awhile? MY OH MY...to start the season they had 3 teams in the top 10...ohio state played for the title last year and troy smith won the hiesman...have you checked the polls lateley? seems to me that there's a big ten team on the top of them...3 stadiums in the big ten seat and sell over 100,000 a game...the big ten conference is home to the greatest rivalary game in all of sports, ohio state-michigan...SI has said multiple times the greatest show in college football is at beaver stadium (being you are obviously unfamiliar with this powerhouse conference, that is the home of the penn state nittany lions)...they've had 2 teams play in bcs bowl games in the same season multiple times including last year and the year before...2 teams finished in the top 5 the last 2 seasons...and now maybe wisconsin? win wise wisconsin is in the top 10 this decade...year in and year out 7 of the 11 big ten teams play in bowl games...3 or 4 garenteed new years day bowl tie ins...big 10 is the only conference that has their own television network...4 big 10 linebackers are up for the butkis this season dan connor, james larunitis, shawn crable, and the illinois kid...i'd love to know what you consider an elite conference? the big east?? ACC?? the big 12?? the pac 10?? how many top tier teams do those conferences boast?

big 12= texas and oklahoma...texas was just pathetic last year ohio state went into austin and just embarrased them...they're pretty pathetic this year as well...what were they on upset alert for there first 4 games of the season?
pac 10= USCs a top teir team yeah they lost to stanford...
acc= there hasn't been a top teir team in that conference for AWHILE...yeah boston college is #3 who have they played?
big east= OK...no "top teir teams" but rutgers, south florida, cincinatti and west virginia are all top 25 ish squads...south florida at #2 was a joke

has the big ten been as dominant this year as they should be? no absolutley not...that being said they're still the 2nd best conference in college football this season and i can't wait to see what they do in bowl games this year...they might not lose a game...the way things are rolling right now penn state, michigan and ohio state could beat any team in the country...illinois will give whoever they play FITS same with indiana and purdue...whoever wisconsin will play will not stop PJ hill especially in a non-new years day bowl situation...and if iowa can get there i like their defense to win a worthless bowl game as well...my oh my that has to be the most uneducated post i've ever responded to and there's been a bunch on bisonville