PDA

View Full Version : Sid Hartman picks Gophers in blowout

Gully
10-19-2007, 03:50 AM
From the Star Tribune.

"However, the Sid Hartman pick is: Gophers 42, North Dakota State 21.

This is a game the Gophers won't lose, even though with 25,000 visiting fans in the stands, there might not be much of a home-field advantage."

bisonmike2
10-19-2007, 04:10 AM
Senile Sid strikes again. He just can't admit that his beloved gophers might actually lose this game. I like the part where he blames the close game last year on catching the gophers on a bad day. The gophers have been having a bad decade Sid, wake up. He also attributes our success to playing non-big ten competition. The big 10 ain't exactly the premier conference this year. They have 2 good teams, Ohio State and Michigan, and one of those lost to a FCS team. Sid might want to look that up.

WYOBISONMAN
10-19-2007, 04:30 AM
Sid needs to go to the nursing home!

THEsocalledfan
10-19-2007, 04:31 AM
Sid need to go to the nursing home!

Wyo, you coming? I am already here!!!!

WYOBISONMAN
10-19-2007, 04:33 AM
Wyo, you coming? I am already here!!!!

I fly out of Salt Lake City at noon tomorrow! Where is the party tomorrow night?

THEsocalledfan
10-19-2007, 04:35 AM
I fly out of Salt Lake City at noon tomorrow! Where is the party tomorrow night?

Not sure, yet, but I guarentee you that you can hang with TransAm and I if needed. We plan to start our liver assault at about 4 PM tomorrow!

bisonmike2
10-19-2007, 04:37 AM
According to Sid's logic there are 119 I-A teams in the country and all of them are better then every single I-AA team. He can't fathom that a IA team could lose to a IAA team. In Sid's mind the Bison are the 120th best football team in the country. He reminds me of the information minister for Iraq. "There are no tanks at Bagdad airport. This is false."

THEsocalledfan
10-19-2007, 04:41 AM
Sid is so dumb that he probably thinks Central Michigan is a Division 2 school.

gopherz
10-19-2007, 04:42 AM

I have plenty of places but are you of the college age? Haha.

CaBisonFan
10-19-2007, 04:57 AM
From the Star Tribune.

"However, the Sid Hartman pick is: Gophers 42, North Dakota State 21.

This is a game the Gophers won't lose, even though with 25,000 visiting fans in the stands, there might not be much of a home-field advantage."

Sid is a simple SOB...and he has hurt the U of M program more than he has helped it with his stupid analysis of coaches & players. He has an ego the size of the Rocky Mountains and a brain the size of a peanut. When he makes a prediction like this, he's doing the Bison a favor. This is just one of the many ways that Sid has hurt the Gophers for decades. He is the ultimate sports media idiot. He knows just enough to be extremely dangerous, and he has connections in high places that actually believe him. I'm sure that Mason lost his job partly because of Sid Hartman's stupidity and influence.

The revolving coaching door at the U of M in football and basketball is spun by Hartman and his rich connections in Minneapolis. He 'does' have connections. The day that he stops writing and talking about the Gophers will be a huge step forward at the U of M.

We can be thankful that he doesn't like North Dakota State. No...correct that...we can be thankful that he thinks that he is helping Gopher athletics.

chuckles
10-19-2007, 05:55 AM

yes where is the party spot for Friday night??

WYOBISONMAN
10-19-2007, 11:27 AM
I have plenty of places but are you of the college age? Haha.

Nope......that passed long ago.....:hide:

spelunker64
10-19-2007, 01:10 PM
COG alert!

markerman
10-19-2007, 02:13 PM
I do believe this is going to be a very different game from last years. Minnesota has been putting up points, and if we want to win, we're going to have to have the offense clicking. I'm not worried about stopping the Gophers run, but the D line is going to have to step up pressure on the QB if we are going to stop the pass. Both teams have the defensive secondary as weaknesses and we need to exploit that weakness better than they do.

As Coach Bohl has said previously, turnover margin will most likely be the deciding factor.

It's going to be a great day to be a Bison no matter what!

Gully
10-19-2007, 04:25 PM
I do believe this is going to be a very different game from last years. Minnesota has been putting up points, and if we want to win, we're going to have to have the offense clicking. I'm not worried about stopping the Gophers run, but the D line is going to have to step up pressure on the QB if we are going to stop the pass. Both teams have the defensive secondary as weaknesses and we need to exploit that weakness better than they do.

As Coach Bohl has said previously, turnover margin will most likely be the deciding factor.

It's going to be a great day to be a Bison no matter what!

I'm worried about the shotgun option play that's given us fits this year. When they run that we need to put the hurt on their QB. We also might have to come out of the two deep safety some because they throw a lot of thee step drop, quick passes and it can be difficult to get to the QB and we'll need good coverage. My fear is what Bomar did to us this year or what UC Davis did to us in the first half last year. Short, quick passes that are almost impossible to stop if the QB gets hot.

CaBisonFan
10-19-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm worried about the shotgun option play that's given us fits this year. When they run that we need to put the hurt on their QB. We also might have to come out of the two deep safety some because they throw a lot of thee step drop, quick passes and it can be difficult to get to the QB and we'll need good coverage. My fear is what Bomar did to us this year or what UC Davis did to us in the first half last year. Short, quick passes that are almost impossible to stop if the QB gets hot.

I agree with what you wrote. Also, I think that in most games this year, one of the real big keys is for Walker & Co. to control the ball, and to make some long drives that keep our defense off the field. Against Sam Houston, they were on the field entirely too long, partly because of some offensive miscues. We can't afford any of those. We need to move the sticks. But in 'defense' of our young and battered defense, those spread offenses are a real pain in the butt. It isn't so much a question as to whether a spread offense (with some talent) will move the ball. It has more to do with what kind of yardage you're going to give up. For the D, the key is to bend slowly, and to try to force a couple of turnovers...and some general confusion for the QB.

silkamilkamonico
10-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Will someone hold him accountable this year after the game if it isn't anywhere near his prediction?

Did anyone last year, and what did he say?

bisonmike2
10-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Will someone hold him accountable this year after the game if it isn't anywhere near his prediction?

Did anyone last year, and what did he say?

Didn't Senile put an apology in his article the next day? That makes this years statements by him even more confusing. Oh well, I'm sure he doesn't even remember last years game.

WildBill
10-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Sid is a simple SOB...and he has hurt the U of M program more than he has helped it with his stupid analysis of coaches & players. He has an ego the size of the Rocky Mountains and a brain the size of a peanut. When he makes a prediction like this, he's doing the Bison a favor. This is just one of the many ways that Sid has hurt the Gophers for decades. He is the ultimate sports media idiot. He knows just enough to be extremely dangerous, and he has connections in high places that actually believe him. I'm sure that Mason lost his job partly because of Sid Hartman's stupidity and influence.

The revolving coaching door at the U of M in football and basketball is spun by Hartman and his rich connections in Minneapolis. He 'does' have connections. The day that he stops writing and talking about the Gophers will be a huge step forward at the U of M.

We can be thankful that he doesn't like North Dakota State. No...correct that...we can be thankful that he thinks that he is helping Gopher athletics.

So let me get this straight,3 coaches in 16 years is a revolving door for the Football team? When NDSU has had similar results with their coaches.

Basketball= Minnesota has had 16 coaches since 1897

NDSU=Has 22 since 1906,not to mention the 11 years the program had no coach.

It's one thing to not like the Gophers,it's your choice,but to just make things up is just asinine.

ndsubison1
10-20-2007, 02:19 AM
Looks like Sid is doing a lot of wishful thinking...

jeffdaryl3rd
10-20-2007, 09:10 AM
He is sure doing a lot of wishing. I will never say Sid does any thinking of any kind, wishful or otherwise.

Herd
10-20-2007, 12:24 PM
I find it hard to believe that the gophers are this 1-6 team that can't stop anyone, but now they will just flip a switch and kick the Bison around.

"They are what we thought they were!!!, and we let them off the hook!!!".

The Gophers are not a very good "team". They cannot just flip a switch because they are supposed to be a Big Ten team and are supposed to beat Division I FCS teams. Don't be fooled that a different gopher team will just show up and win today. Only an arrogant and misled gopher fan would think this way. Are the Bison not on the same level as Miami (OH), B.Green, and Florida Atlantic? I look for a Bison win by 10-13 points.

onbison09
10-20-2007, 03:20 PM
I don't think we'll win. I KNOW we will.